Round 9 - Broncos vs Cowboys Pre-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Griffin wants to sink the boat quicker?

I wish we could drop our **** coach. FFS how can he justify dropping Hannant after his game against Souths. 33 tackles and 17 hit ups for 136m's compared to Kennedy who made 6 hit ups for 52m's and made 21 tackles.

The thing that gets me is replacing him with Hala, don't get me wrong I like to have Hala in the side, but replacing a workhorse like Hannant for an impact forward doesn't really address the issue either, if there's a lack of impact then that would be of Kennedy wouldn't it?

The thing that gets me is replacing him with Hala, don't get me wrong I like to have Hala in the side, but replacing a workhorse like Hannant for an impact forward doesn't really address the issue either, if there's a lack of impact then that would be of Kennedy wouldn't it?

Who knows what the plan is. Wallace can fill the workhorse role IMO. If they don't want to re-sign Hannant that is fine but treating him like a dog leaves a poor taste in my mouth TBH. Fair enough dropping if he had been poor but his last 2 games have been pretty good.

Glad to see someone finally get dropped to give the props a serve, not glad it's Benny and not Martin. It has to be because he is going elsewhere, it certainly can't be performance based if Jane Kennedy is still getting a gig.

The decision to drop Hannant had little or nothing to do with on-field performances. Obviously something has gone on behind the scenes and it's gotten so bad to the point where a stint in reggies is Hook's way of getting Hannant to wake up to himself or send him the message to look elsewhere.

I don't know if that's the right call but Ben has certainly been one of those players who hasn't delivered in terms of pay packet either due to injury or just plain performance and he's really just spun his wheels at Brisbane.

Kennedy is doing much the same at the moment and I think he's another guy who needs a stint but I suppose he's been given one last opportunity to prove the critics wrong. He's been slammed in the media recently and sometimes, it's those challenges that bring the best out in players.

Also, I have no issue with Hala coming in for Hannant. The Broncos already have two workhorse type props in McGuire & Parker, ideally Kennedy plays a similar role too so bringing in an impact guy who can possibly jag a try or help create one is better for balance.

Who knows what the plan is. Wallace can fill the workhorse role IMO. If they don't want to re-sign Hannant that is fine but treating him like a dog leaves a poor taste in my mouth TBH. Fair enough dropping if he had been poor but his last 2 games have been pretty good.

That's true though it puts a lot of pressure on Wallace to fill that role, his done well in his time but its a big stepup for a young prop in this situation, Hala doesn't get a lot of game time either, Kennedy is going to have to stand up or it can easily get stuck and big question now is will he?

Last edited:

To be fair, he was a dog for a couple of years, maybe he is returning to a dog.

kennedy will want to be in for a big game to justify his selection, will be interesting to see the team when thaiday comes back.

Not happy to see Lowrie on an extended bench either.

Don't worry, when Griffin makes the cut of the final 17 he wont be on the extended bench, he will be in the final 17.....oh wait

The decision to drop Hannant had little or nothing to do with on-field performances. Obviously something has gone on behind the scenes and it's gotten so bad to the point where a stint in reggies is Hook's way of getting Hannant to wake up to himself or send him the message to look elsewhere.

I don't know if that's the right call but Ben has certainly been one of those players who hasn't delivered in terms of pay packet either due to injury or just plain performance and he's really just spun his wheels at Brisbane.

Kennedy is doing much the same at the moment and I think he's another guy who needs a stint but I suppose he's been given one last opportunity to prove the critics wrong. He's been slammed in the media recently and sometimes, it's those challenges that bring the best out in players.

Also, I have no issue with Hala coming in for Hannant. The Broncos already have two workhorse type props in McGuire & Parker, ideally Kennedy plays a similar role too so bringing in an impact guy who can possibly jag a try or help create one is better for balance.

Oh definitely, I agree there's more to it Big Pete off the scene, I was talking strictly from a performance perspective this season.

Well, there goes the ball movement from the forwards.

Wait! Don't worry, we still have Hoffman.

And Kennedy the Beast.

We will terrorize that tiny Cowboys pack and show Thurston what a passing game is all about! Can't wait

I will wait to find out more about Hannant's situation, but it feels very unfair to see him dropped after the last couple of weeks. Once again, this reeks of politics!
Hopefully this will be a warning sign for Kennedy, for him to pull his finger out and earn FT's for the 69'ers. :spy:

Hala will probably muster the energy for 2 barnstorming runs, and fizzle out, but I have been impressed by young Wallace, who could largely benefit from this.

P.S. Brrrrrrrr... there's that shiver again!

Last edited:
I'M just happy Griffin keeps picking Granville. His bursts out of dummy half help us more than some people realise.

I'M just happy Griffin keeps picking Granville. His bursts out of dummy half help us more than some people realise.

His passing game is twice as quick as McCullough's too.

He'll get less than 10 minutes once again though. Griffin is too old school to try having both of them on at once.

Yep. He will make good metres, pass the ball to Kennedy and Scott and Tamou will drive him back to where Granville got the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • Lurker
  • Morkel
  • rj9
  • The Boss
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Redux
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • Lazza
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.