Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I re-watched the passage of play leading up to Penrith's first try a few times.

Based on the Channel Nine broadcast it is impossible to tell if Moga was offside or not. It was shown live and they never went to a replay.

I agree with whoever said it's hard to believe he wasn't back the 10 considering they were on our goal line and the play the ball was on the other side of the field.

It stinks.

The other bizarre thing happened a few moments later. We conceded another penalty. Sutton stopped the clock to call out Boyd. McGuire walked out with him. I thought the penalty was for Josh McGuire holding down (he was and it was pretty blatant) but Sutton said something like "I'm not copping that from Adam." It must've been for Blair giving a facial or an elbow or something.

Blair was involved in the tackle but it's impossible to see from the angle on the broadcast exactly what he was penalised for.
They are kicking up a shit about that Blair penalty

As to the Wallace no-try decision.....

The moment it happened I said to my son, if that exact thing happens anywhere else on the field it is called knock-on, so it's the right call

The exact same thing did happen later in the game, and in other games over the weekend, and ALL of them called knock on, and nobody claimed they were wrong

The rules don't change just because you're over the line instead of mid-field

You can argue if you want that the ball doesn't really go forward if it's knocked out that way, but the way the rule has been interpreted for as long as I can remember is knock on

So argue the rule is wrong, or argue the interpretation of the rule is wrong, but the way the game has been reffed in recent memory that call was spot on
Literally the exact same thing happened in titans v knights. Peats was going over to score, player tackled him from behind with their hand inadvertently hitting the ball out. Ball went backwards, but was called a knock on by the onfield ref.

No vid ref, no try, no media blow up. Barely registered a mention from the commentary team.

Roberts was jogging at that point. He only runs as fast as he needs to, to outrun the defenders.

....which is why Kahu was able to keep up with him.

....which is why Kahu was able to keep up with him.
Is that also why Kahu was faster than the Panthers chasing Roberts (except for DWZ) and kept up with Roberts over the length of the field, or did he jog 80+ meters?

Of course, I'm not saying Kahu is as fast as Roberts, as he had to dodge a few players and was carrying the ball, but he's nowhere near as slow as people make him out to be.

I re-watched the passage of play leading up to Penrith's first try a few times.

Based on the Channel Nine broadcast it is impossible to tell if Moga was offside or not. It was shown live and they never went to a replay.

I agree with whoever said it's hard to believe he wasn't back the 10 considering they were on our goal line and the play the ball was on the other side of the field.

It stinks.

The other bizarre thing happened a few moments later. We conceded another penalty. Sutton stopped the clock to call out Boyd. McGuire walked out with him. I thought the penalty was for Josh McGuire holding down (he was and it was pretty blatant) but Sutton said something like "I'm not copping that from Adam." It must've been for Blair giving a facial or an elbow or something.

Blair was involved in the tackle but it's impossible to see from the angle on the broadcast exactly what he was penalised for.

In the set following the Blair penalty for a foul in the tackle, Peachey gave one of our boys on our left edge a blatent facial as he was getting up to play the ball metres away from the touchy. No call. I just shook my head.

In the set following the Blair penalty for a foul in the tackle, Peachey gave one of our boys on our left edge a blatent facial as he was getting up to play the ball metres away from the touchy. No call. I just shook my head.
You've joined Locky.
Welcome mate

you need to send this to the fuckwits at nrl 360 and other newslimited **** bag journals and ask them to be outraged on their show and papers next week.

Wouldn't matter if you did. A positive story, supporting the Broncos and suggesting bad decisions aren't only called against Sydney teams, doesn't fit the narrative, so they would never run it anyway.

Is that also why Kahu was faster than the Panthers chasing Roberts (except for DWZ) and kept up with Roberts over the length of the field, or did he jog 80+ meters?

Of course, I'm not saying Kahu is as fast as Roberts, as he had to dodge a few players and was carrying the ball, but he's nowhere near as slow as people make him out to be.

You're not suggesting that people on this forum would grossly exaggerate and form agendas against players, are you?

Surely not.

I thought Maranta played pretty well at fullback in the limited chances he got there. He wasn't as good on the wing.

I thought Maranta played pretty well at fullback in the limited chances he got there. He wasn't as good on the wing.

I thought maranta played at a good enough level for a couple of years, but never really progressed beyond that level. If he was in an average attacking team, where the bar is not set so high, his consistency would have counted for something. But that lack of x factor, be it speed like Roberts, the ball playing ability of kahu, or the rucking of Oates, meant he was always here, just until the inevitable talent started to surface. I think if we didn't have a glut of good fullbacks, he might have found a spot there. I hope he finds a place in a team somewhere, as he tried hard, and someday, even if not in league it'll count for something.

I thought maranta played at a good enough level for a couple of years, but never really progressed beyond that level. If he was in an average attacking team, where the bar is not set so high, his consistency would have counted for something. But that lack of x factor, be it speed like Roberts, the ball playing ability of kahu, or the rucking of Oates, meant he was always here, just until the inevitable talent started to surface. I think if we didn't have a glut of good fullbacks, he might have found a spot there. I hope he finds a place in a team somewhere, as he tried hard, and someday, even if not in league it'll count for something.
He plays for the Reds. That should just about surmise his talent as a footballer.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • Behold
  • Broncosgirl
  • Robboi_321
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrRobot
  • broncos4life
  • Morkel
  • TimWhatley
  • marw
  • Skathen
  • Wolfie
  • ettybay
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.