Round 9 - Broncos vs Storm - Post Match Discussion

user_nat said:
draggx said:
I think imo our halves are fine for Next Season.

6. Hunt
7. Wallace

9. Norman

267. Macca

Norman can't even defend in the 6, and you want to put him in at hooker?
Has a good kicking game though. I like that number for Macca.

I don't want Melbourne player.

draggx said:
Bull_Shark said:
What's Cooper Cronk's contract status beyond this season ? He'd look great in Broncos jersey ... was superb tonight ..

I think imo our halves are fine for Next Season.

6. Hunt
7. Wallace

9. Norman

267. Macca

No way is Hunt the answer at no. 6

The Rock said:
Hey Schmix - I didn't actually know the thread was locked, it doesn't show anything in Tapatalk. Just so you know.

Ah makes sense, no probs.

draggx said:
something from Rocky has me confused in the other thread..

First from Rocky
And this is why Parker sucks as a captain. Cracks under pressure. He cost us the game.

Second From Rocky
[quote:53z73ya9]Is it normal for Queenslanders to be this stupid?

I will say it again. Parker was great, he was inspirational, he played a great game and I'm impressed at how he led the team.

So you think he sucks as Captain, but he impressed you with how he led the team? Which way do you actually feel?[/quote:53z73ya9]

It's coming into Origin time be prepared for more [icon_razz1

The Rock said:
And Draggx - He led the team by his go forward, but he cracked hardcore under pressure and still has a long way to go before he can be classed as a good captain. Playing a good game an setting an example on the field doesn't automatically make you a good captain, it's the critical times in a match when you need your captain to stand up.

That kick was not cracking under pressure, It was simply just "missing a sideline conversion" every player does it at some point.

As for standing up at the critical times, i think Parker did just that in the way he led the team. he was always there standing up ready to take the next run and always putting his everything into it. That inspirses your players and that is a captains job.

The fact all you can fault from Parker in the whole 80minutes shows just how good he was for the team. There was nothing else to really fault because he gave it EVERYTHING. Captains job.

broncospwn said:
Bucking Beads said:
Wallace you have returned, great to see.
He was my MOM, he was awesome, if he can keep up this form when Lockyer comes back then we are only going to get better.

MotM at the game too.

Crowd was 34,175. Not bad for a Saturday night.

draggx said:
The Rock said:
And Draggx - He led the team by his go forward, but he cracked hardcore under pressure and still has a long way to go before he can be classed as a good captain. Playing a good game an setting an example on the field doesn't automatically make you a good captain, it's the critical times in a match when you need your captain to stand up.

That kick was not cracking under pressure, It was simply just "missing a sideline conversion" every player does it at some point.

As for standing up at the critical times, i think Parker did just that in the way he led the team. he was always there standing up ready to take the next run and always putting his everything into it. That inspirses your players and that is a captains job.

The fact all you can fault from Parker in the whole 80minutes shows just how good he was for the team. There was nothing else to really fault because he gave it EVERYTHING. Captains job.
+1
Cronk isn't off contract until end of next year, by 2013 I'm not sure I want him. I'd rather stick with our own players tbh. I don't like buying players, the thing I love about this team is having so much of our own players, it's a great feeling.

Fozz said:
broncospwn said:
Bucking Beads said:
He was my MOM, he was awesome, if he can keep up this form when Lockyer comes back then we are only going to get better.

MotM at the game too.

icon_smile Deservedly so, fantastic performance.
Anyone know who Foxtel gave MOTM do?

broncospwn said:
Fozz said:
broncospwn said:
Bucking Beads said:

MotM at the game too.

Sam Thaiday, confirmed before kick off [icon_wink

GCBRONCO said:
broncospwn said:
Fozz said:
broncospwn said:
Bucking Beads said:

MotM at the game too.

Sam Thaiday, confirmed before kick off [icon_wink
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Fozz said:
broncospwn said:
Bucking Beads said:

MotM at the game too.

Only 25,501 at the wooden spoon battle across town.

34k is a solid crowd for a Saturday night as you say. :)

Saturday night with Lockyer, Hodges, Thaiday and Hannant out.

Good indeed.

Crazy Sam said:
Fozz said:
broncospwn said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":iim32ec8]Wallace you have returned, great to see.

MotM at the game too.

34k is a solid crowd for a Saturday night as you say. :)[/quote:iim32ec8]

Good lord thats their first official local derby between each other and could only draw that? pissweak.

Had to record the game as I was at my cricket preso (where I won $750!!!), so only just finished watching.

I am devastated. I hate losing like that. I would rather get flogged 50-0 than have false hope that we would pull off a huge upset! [icon_lol1.

Such an gutsy performance from the young lads. Melbourne looked like they could run it away with it a few times, but we held on and came back to 22-22. Was fantastic to see.

Wallace had a strong match, as did Beale and Hala.

Everyone else was pretty solid, although once again I was disappointed with McCullough. He has so much potential, but frustrates me no end with his slow service and tunnel vision. I think it's time he got dropped for a week or two just to let him know he needs to pick up his game.

Crazy Sam said:

Really? For two local teams? Disgraceful! Would've thought it would be close to a sellout.

Suck it, AFL!

Torn between losing to the team I hate most, and the great effort by the boys.
Still disappointed some by some soft defense through the middle which cost us the game.

I really can't stand Macca anymore. That is now the third game in a row where he loses the ball in our attacking 20 because he's so slow. The comentators have already picked up on it and so will every coach in the NRL!

In sum, I tend to agree with Hook's assessment of the game: We were still good enough for 22 pts, but were let down by our defense.

Enough of the negatives.
Proud of the effort by the boys. Great game from Wallace and Parker, while most other players did quite good too.
Norman was better in the halves than Hunt imo, especially in the second half, but desperatly needs to improve on his defense. Hala was a revelation to me, he's a monster unit, who runs hard and straight.
Beale oscillated between the great and the mediocre, with a few bad decisions in defense, but Reed's try was fantastic, as was Gagai's.

All in all, a good headache to have for Griffin when he selects his team for the visit to the Panthers... icon_thumbs_u

The Rock said:
draggx said:
[quote="The Rock":ggfjiphv]

The reason why the kick was missed due to pressure was because of how well he kicked tonight, and how well he has been kicking in the last few weeks. That attempt at goal was diabolical and his worst attempt for months - is it coincidental that it happened to be a kick to win the game? [/quote:ggfjiphv]
You're drawing a long bow inferring any correlation between the two.

Even the best kickers in the game miss kicks under pressure, it has nothing to do with leadership. It's a incredibly difficult kick to take for a goal kicker with that sort of pressure, maybe his goal kicking cracks under pressure but that has nothing to do with his captaincy.

There's not many players in the game who would kick that under that sort of pressure.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Alec
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Wild Horse
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lurker
  • mrslong
  • Culhwch
  • cento
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.