Round 9 - Broncos vs Storm - Post Match Discussion

Reed's lack of punch broke through 5 defenders last night...

Beale however is such a strong runner, always makes good metres on kick returns as well as from dummy half. The more confidence he gets the better he gets.

The Rock said:
Jeba said:
Don't mind Rocky. He's the same bloke that called Jack Reed and Gerard Beale shit.....

Way to take my comments out if context. I said they lack punch/injection (that was 4 weeks ago) and I'm right, they do. Solid players, deserving of a first grade spot and have been good this year.

No you didn't.
Quote from post Panthers game:
The Rock said:
But our attack is shit. Outside backs are also shit. Beale shit. Reed shit.

eusa_think

Wow, Origin time really brings out the dic... I mean NSW'ker in you Rocky! [icon_lol1.

I admit I'm not as enthousiastic about Beale as most, especially when I compare him to Hoffman, but he has consistently been one of the best Broncos on the paddock and deserves the wraps people have been giving him.

Reed on the other hand has definitely surpassed my expectations and is the best centre in the club after Hodgo, although Yow Yeh gave us a glimpse of the future last night. Going back to Reed, he has been very good in defense and much better in attack than people give him credit for, scoring and setting up tries.

A forgotten player last night was Dodds, he was really strong in defense, putting a few trade mark bell ringers on a couple of Storm forwards, and seems to be improving his go forward too.

Wallace was awesome last night, really stepped up and was talking and running the team well. Could he be captain material next year?

Hunt did absolutely NOTHING at 5/8... I couldn't even find him on the field. When Norman came in at least he was getting his hands on the ball and putting in some creative kicks. He played all over Hunt as our half last night.

Just as Hunt played all over Macca at Hooker. It's like watching a slow mo replay when Macca waddles out with the ball from hooker. He has to go. Hunt can go the 80 mins at Hooker, then one spot on the bench can be taken by a forward or a better utility option.

Can't wait for Teo and Gillet to come back!

and +1 for Hala being awesome!

Bring in Baptiste and test him out against the Panthers. (Should win comfortably, so should not hurt)
Drop Macca, drop Hunt. Both are crap.

Baptiste will not be up to a full game clearly, so Beale can cover hooker, if Hoffman does return and is eased back off the bench.

levikade said:
just blame jeza ffs
This ^^^^ [icon_shady

Good that you got in first for round 10 icon_thumbs_u

Wallace seems to be overawed in the presence of Lockyer. His best performances for the Broncos have been when Darren is sidelined. Next year he'll be extremely important to the side, especially with Norman or Hunt learning the ropes beside him.

I have to say I was expecting a lot more from Hunt, but way too early to write him off as a half. Norman did look pretty good in attack when he came on as 5/8. Wallace was spectacular.

People saying the storm should be ashamed of their game, don't forget cam smith & billy slater were 24 hours after playing a very strong game for Australia. They were never going to be as potent as they usually were.

Big right up in the Courier Mail about how Ben Hunt, Corey Norman & Macca all played well and Brisbane's future was proved to be in good hands. Curious.

mrslong said:
Big right up in the Courier Mail about how Ben Hunt, Corey Norman & Macca all played well and Brisbane's future was proved to be in good hands. Curious.
90% sure no one at the Courier Mail actually watches the games.

Griffins own words actually...

"I thought Corey was really good, I think he and Pete did a great job for us there," Griffin said. "We had one error in the second half and played really direct when we had to. We had a bit of ball movement when we needed to.

"I thought our halves were great. All our on-ballers were good, (hooker) Andrew McCullough had a better game, and Ben Hunt was good when he was in both positions (dummy-half also).

Watching the press conference now, any guesses why Wallace is there and not Parker?

geeze I can't spell today either. I didn't really say "right up?" seriously. apologies all.

And yeah it was a quote from Griffin. Ah, he's so like Wayne - knows how to not destroy young blokes ego's.

user_nat said:
Watching the press conference now, any guesses why Wallace is there and not Parker?
I think they do a rotation sometimes and give someone else a go, sometimes potential captains to try them out.

Long shot but perhaps they're trying out Wallace in some captaincy type roles, maybe he will be vice captain next year?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.