Round 9 - Cowboys vs Broncos

I'm waiting for the outrage over the Carrigan forward pass call.
Who called it?. No way could it be the onfield ref.
On Isaako and that dropped bomb, it wasn't like he was chasing it or off balance. He was planted , with time, and it went straight through.
You get taught to turn sideways if you have time so the drop goes backwards.
His drop killed us . I hate to be a forward, busting my arse only to turn around to see that.

If we had have picked up two points last night, that would set us up for three in a row going into Manly and a spot on the cusp of the eight which is unbelievable when you look at the draw we’ve had.

The team is impoving as a whole, vast difference to the starts of the year.

Watching the game i have a feeling Kev gave more instructions to milford and more scope, it didnt work. He stifled many things on field and seemed Gamble had less control because of this.

Any semblance of a spine and we would've won that in cruise control given what Haas, Lodge and TPJ did in the midde. Not a knock on Gamble, he needs to get the ball more and run everything, but the others are deadset useless. How can anyone entertain re-signing Milford when his forwards dominate against an ordinary side like the Cowboys and he can't take advantage of it?

I'm waiting for the outrage over the Carrigan forward pass call.
Who called it?. No way could it be the onfield ref.
On Isaako and that dropped bomb, it wasn't like he was chasing it or off balance. He was planted , with time, and it went straight through.
You get caught to turn sideways if you have time so the drop goes backwards.
His drop killed us . I hate to be a forward, busting my arse only to turn around to see that.
You're kidding, right? Seriously Dexter, these were monstrous kicks, at night, in humid conditions and they were raining down all night. FFS, eventually even God would drop one. Isaako handled them brilliantly all night but sooner or later one had to go down. I know you're upset, we all are but blaming Isaako for dropping one late in the game is totally out of order.

He'd already run quite a few kilometres in that evening heat too by the time he finally dropped one. Isaako is responsible for 40-50% of our total 2021 points so if you're looking to blame someone, pick someone else whose job it is to produce points but can't or worse, won't tackle.

Not kidding @Huge . That's his job. If he was being pressured or had to make a last second adjustment then shit can happen.

When your under it and it hits your chest before going between your arms then it's a rank error.

Not kidding @Huge . That's his job. If he was being pressured or had to make a last second adjustment then shit can happen.

When your under it and it hits your chest before going between your arms then it's a rank error.
Isaako made 3 pretty bad errors yesterday that changed the game each time. I'm not saying any player has to be perfect, but fullbacks have to be pretty close to perfect in the NRL. I really rate the kid but I think he's a winger, maybe a centre but at least definitely a winger.

He's BHQ's overall third best rated player after TPJ and Haas, so he can't be that bad.
Have you seen some of the opinions on this forum?
Pity he's won us our only games we've won.
You actually believe that?

I'm struggling to understand all the people defending Isaako like he is going to be one of the top fullbacks in the comp. Nobody doubts his ability to be a really good player, but he just can't be a good fullback. Now Coates is gone, Isaako should be put straight to the right wing.

Isaako made 3 pretty bad errors yesterday that changed the game each time. I'm not saying any player has to be perfect, but fullbacks have to be pretty close to perfect in the NRL. I really rate the kid but I think he's a winger, maybe a centre but at least definitely a winger.
I'm happy to see him stay at fullback for the rest of the year. He has improved in some areas and Kev has to find out if he is our longterm FB by giving him extended time.
Defusing grubbers, supporting the ball carrier, and defensive positioning all need work.
Fullbacks have to have elite level fitness to achieve a high standard. I'm not sure Isaako has that elite level in him. That's a bloody hard thing to do especially if you're not built that way.

Have you seen some of the opinions on this forum?

You actually believe that?

I'm struggling to understand all the people defending Isaako like he is going to be one of the top fullbacks in the comp. Nobody doubts his ability to be a really good player, but he just can't be a good fullback. Now Coates is gone, Isaako should be put straight to the right wing.
Yes I actually believe it. If you don't believe it you are blind. Do you watch our games?🤣

The team is impoving as a whole, vast difference to the starts of the year.

Watching the game i have a feeling Kev gave more instructions to milford and more scope, it didnt work. He stifled many things on field and seemed Gamble had less control because of this.

It really does shit me that he's such a fucken basket case right now. (re Milford)

I reckon Gamble was out of it for most of the 2nd half....his intensity was way down.

Yes I actually believe it. If you don't believe it you are blind. Do you watch our games?🤣
He was definitely a big part of us beating the Bulldogs, in probably the worst game I've ever seen. And he was the reason we trailed the Titans by 20 and then he helped us get the win, but he wasn't even our best player in that win.

What about all the games we have lost? He sucks at the back, it's OK to admit.

As always I need a night to digest the gut wrenching disappointment a loss brings.

Few have had a dig at Isaako, but in fairness he's not the complete package (yet) and mistakes will occur. It's a team game and it's up to the team to defend those errors. His turnstile effort on JT13 looked awful but the whole defensive line under the posts were all but non-existent. A rookie FB up against perhaps the best forward in the NRL under the posts is never going to end up good for us.

It's the games like these that we all know we should have won that shits me the most. Carrigan's try was a try everyday of the week and twice on Sundays if it's the Storm or the Rorters attacking the line. That try would surely have changed the game. In a sliding doors moment as well it probably would mean the whole game changes and Pat doesn't succumb to that tackle.

Kennedy and Flegs are being coached nicely, both their games have improved week on week. Milf is definitely carrying an injury. Last week Herbie sprinted past him when he started 3 or 4 metres behind him. last night Clifford made it look like Milf was walking and that was the end of the game.

This is the biggest headache for Kevvie. Does he persevere with Milf so he does not disturb the continuity of the team, or does he make another change and bring in Croft. At least Croft can tackle if nothing else, and it looks like it's Gamble that 's acting as the attacking fulcrum so we don't lose anything in attack.

Turbo will cut Milf to shreds next week on that side of the field so I'd unfortunately be leaning towards 'resting' Milf's injury.

My MOM was Turps. I think he set the tone early on for the line speed and it was noticeable that as he tired our line speed dropped off. Fair play to the wee man he kept trying to do what was asked of him, but he was out on his feet by the 65th minute. Kevvie and the coaching crew still have a bit to do there with the bench rotation.

Finally, the amount of players on report and us not receiving a penalty or a free interchange was again something you would never see in a Storm or Rorters game. That too was crucial as those last 10 minutes both teams were gassed. Another one or two interchanges would have made all the difference to our line speed in the middle. I'm still numb. But onwards and upwards.

Fingers crossed the team get some good news on Monday with Goofy deciding to stay.

I thought Carrigan was having his best game in a very long time. Played with real energy and was making a good impact. Unlucky not have his first try too.

A real shame about his injury. He may have just been hitting form. Feeling for the young fella, what a tough few seasons.

As always I need a night to digest the gut wrenching disappointment a loss brings.

Few have had a dig at Isaako, but in fairness he's not the complete package (yet) and mistakes will occur. It's a team game and it's up to the team to defend those errors. His turnstile effort on JT13 looked awful but the whole defensive line under the posts were all but non-existent. A rookie FB up against perhaps the best forward in the NRL under the posts is never going to end up good for us.

It's the games like these that we all know we should have won that shits me the most. Carrigan's try was a try everyday of the week and twice on Sundays if it's the Storm or the Rorters attacking the line. That try would surely have changed the game. In a sliding doors moment as well it probably would mean the whole game changes and Pat doesn't succumb to that tackle.

Kennedy and Flegs are being coached nicely, both their games have improved week on week. Milf is definitely carrying an injury. Last week Herbie sprinted past him when he started 3 or 4 metres behind him. last night Clifford made it look like Milf was walking and that was the end of the game.

This is the biggest headache for Kevvie. Does he persevere with Milf so he does not disturb the continuity of the team, or does he make another change and bring in Croft. At least Croft can tackle if nothing else, and it looks like it's Gamble that 's acting as the attacking fulcrum so we don't lose anything in attack.

Turbo will cut Milf to shreds next week on that side of the field so I'd unfortunately be leaning towards 'resting' Milf's injury.

My MOM was Turps. I think he set the tone early on for the line speed and it was noticeable that as he tired our line speed dropped off. Fair play to the wee man he kept trying to do what was asked of him, but he was out on his feet by the 65th minute. Kevvie and the coaching crew still have a bit to do there with the bench rotation.

Finally, the amount of players on report and us not receiving a penalty or a free interchange was again something you would never see in a Storm or Rorters game. That too was crucial as those last 10 minutes both teams were gassed. Another one or two interchanges would have made all the difference to our line speed in the middle. I'm still numb. But onwards and upwards.

Fingers crossed the team get some good news on Monday with Goofy deciding to stay.

Put Croft in and we don't score points and our kicking game turns to shit. Big mistake for mine. The Clifford break where he burned Milford was poor positioning by Milford, and another example of our biggest flaw - patchy defence, a return to a defensive line that doesn't move up enough. Milf ought to have been up in Clifford's face not watching him accelerate and then try to turn and chase.

But that dreadful fail was not just Milford. It started with Granville's run from dummy half a tackle or 2 earlier. We just stood back and watched him run 15 meters from dummy half - something we all know he does ALL the time against us and we still just **** around at marker, and with a line which hangs back and waits.

Lolo's try eventually came from Granville's break, and also was another example of poor defensive line speed. We just left a nice corridor for him to run, and hanging back, gave him ample time to accelerate 😠

If we maintained a consistent aggressive defensive line we would have flogged them. That is for mine where Kevvie needs to focus most, that, and not getting the ball out to our terrific backline.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.