Round 9 Discussion

Wonder if Madge will absolutely reem his team in the presser to create the NSWRL agenda leading into Broncos game next week.... or maybe the NSWRL will just create a story from nothing leading into next week

I was stunned by that performance from Adam Reynolds'. I don't think I've seen him throw so many quality passes in a game before. Souths right-side looked sharp all game and it was nice to see a couple of former Broncos in Roberts and Gagai play well. Unfortunately I can't say the same for Su'A who had a forgettable night with his handling. I don't think the score did their performance justice, it was all over after 50 minutes.

Hope Graham Annesley explains that strip from Leilua on Gagai and how it was different from Patty.
Don't think he will talk about it, but if he does I'm thinking he will just say that Gagai never fully lost possession, therefore it wasn't actually a strip... even though Gagai was looking to let go of it right at the end for the penalty

Yep I know you have but if Smith wants to play him, tell him he goes to 7. Smith is the GOAT of course but he isn't going to carry the side forward for the next ten years, you need to plan for life after and the Storm will know that is Grant, they won't let him go. Why would you? This is a guy you can build your side around for the next decade.

I'm not sure anything comes above what Cam wants I could honestly see him sticking around for another 2 years. Nothing seems to slow him down. Problem is they have Brandon Smith who is an 80 min hooker. I know he plays lock at times but i dont think its where he wants to play. I think they will be losing one of B.Smith or Grant regardless of what the Goat does.

Just saw both Lateral incidents.

Reynolds throwing the boot at the first one was fraught with danger, and unfortunately he connected, but Lateral needs to be sat down for a month for his retaliation and the shot on Garner.

The NRL needs to ignore his inevitable claims of racism and just do it. He’s a grub and needs to face consequences to his actions

Last edited:
I was stunned by that performance from Adam Reynolds'. I don't think I've seen him throw so many quality passes in a game before. Souths right-side looked sharp all game and it was nice to see a couple of former Broncos in Roberts and Gagai play well. Unfortunately I can't say the same for Su'A who had a forgettable night with his handling. I don't think the score did their performance justice, it was all over after 50 minutes.
Really.. I’m pissed sua ain’t still at Broncos. Hits harder and runs harder than what we have lately. Been immense for Souths so far this year. Few errors tonight but hospitals you could also say. Hindsight is a bitch when I look at a few we have lost.

I'm not sure anything comes above what Cam wants I could honestly see him sticking around for another 2 years. Nothing seems to slow him down. Problem is they have Brandon Smith who is an 80 min hooker. I know he plays lock at times but i dont think its where he wants to play. I think they will be losing one of B.Smith or Grant regardless of what the Goat does.

Oh that doesn't matter. B.Smith can play anywhere and if it came to a choice between the two at 9, see you Smith the Lesser.

Really.. I’m pissed sua ain’t still at Broncos. Hits harder and runs harder than what we have lately. Been immense for Souths so far this year. Few errors tonight but hospitals you could also say. Hindsight is a bitch when I look at a few we have lost.

He certainly has some good qualities, but he's still a very patchy player and hasn't found any consistent form. There just seems to be missing in his game, maybe good line running?

I didn't want to lose him, especially not for Rhys Kennedy.

Last edited:
He certainly has some good qualities, but he's still a very patchy player and hasn't found any consistent form. There just seems to be missing in his game, maybe good line running?

If we still had Su'A then this whole Fifita situation wouldn't feel like a life or death one. A 2nd row of Su'A, TPJ & Carrigan would've been absolutely fine moving forward.

If we still had Su'A then this whole Fifita situation wouldn't feel like a life or death one. A 2nd row of Su'A, TPJ & Carrigan would've been absolutely fine moving forward.

If that’s the case then that is good news, there are plenty more and will be plenty more Su’A level players.

Good coaching

Imagine if tpj pulled both those shots last night that “latrine” did, he’d cop six weeks.

Imagine if tpj pulled both those shots last night that “latrine” did, he’d cop six weeks.

With good reason, TPJ has a shocking track record and loading points out the asshole. Blokes like him and Nathan Brown & Josh McGuire need to play way more carefully than most other players, if not, they'll spend 2-6 weeks on the sideline again.

Hell yea wasn’t the smartest trade. Just pisses me off cos he was playing good until injury then struggled fitness wise to get back but looking at him now he is fit as **** and seems to be hitting lines now and making half breaks or dangerous every time he touches. Been there best last few weeks. Last night was patchy I guess but still looked strong as an ox

Hell yea wasn’t the smartest trade. Just pisses me off cos he was playing good until injury then struggled fitness wise to get back but looking at him now he is fit as **** and seems to be hitting lines now and making half breaks or dangerous every time he touches. Been there best last few weeks. Last night was patchy I guess but still looked strong as an ox

Would he look that good at the current Broncos? I doubt it.

Latrell Mitchell two weeks.

An intentional swinging arm on Reynolds and a swinging arm on Garner. Both high. Two weeks and a fine.

That'll do me.

Latrell Mitchell two weeks.

An intentional swinging arm on Reynolds and a swinging arm on Garner. Both high. Two weeks and a fine.

That'll do me.
Came here to say the same thing. Reynolds got 2 weeks for accidentally kicking someone when swinging at the ball. (I very much understand it was dangerous) but Latrell had 2 swinging arms in the one game...

The 2nd one the bloke went off for a HIA and Trell gets a $500 fine? Wtf is that...

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • BRC088
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Fozz
  • Tim K
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • Redux
  • broncos4life
  • Thelmus
  • Skathen
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.