Round 9 Discussion

Raiders bloody unlucky this year with those Bateman, Horsburgh and Hodgson injuries.

Smith is such a smug prick, someone should stuff his whistle up his arse.

That's an ACL for Hodgson.

That's Raiders season over.

Jesus, the refs really love kissing the storm on the dick.
That dive was disgusting, and it's like their 3rd dive this game rewarded by the refs.

Look at that penalty streak. **** off.

Can you believe that from Elliott Whitehead?

Everything going the Storm's way.

That's the danger of playing Melbourne, if your kick/chase is just half a fraction off they have a back three who will punish you. Once Papenhuyzen broke through there was no way they were going to stop him.

That's the danger of playing Melbourne, if your kick/chase is just half a fraction off they have a back three who will punish you. Once Papenhuyzen broke through there was no way they were going to stop him.
They potentially lose a lot next year with Vuna, Addo-Carr and (maybe) Smith retiring.

That pass was a mile forward.

They potentially lose a lot next year with Vuna, Addo-Carr and (maybe) Smith retiring.
We’ve been saying that for like 10 years... when billy retires, with Cronk leaving, with GI leaving, with Israel leaving.

We’ve been saying that for like 10 years... when billy retires, with Cronk leaving, with GI leaving, with Israel leaving.
They lost nothing when Billy left but they definitely look a weaker side since Cronk left.
Smith retiring with Bellamy, that's going to hurt Melbourne.

I don’t blame the Raiders for feeling hard done by.

They lost nothing when Billy left but they definitely look a weaker side since Cronk left.
Here’s hoping 🤞🤞🤞

It's heart-breaking for the Raiders. Right as it appeared they had assembled a premiership winning team, it all goes awry in a matter of weeks. You could even argue it went wobbly in the lead up into the Grand Final where Bateman's future became a topic of discussion leading into the contest - clearly somebody wasn't playing ball with Moses.

They're still a quality team, but they're just missing those hard edge players like Soliola, Horsburgh and Bateman. They gave them a real point of difference and with Hodgson joining them on the sideline, it's tough seeing them mount any kind of challenge for the premiership.

The trick will be to make the 8. They can't allow these set-backs to deny them a place in the finals.

Melbourne did well to back up their colossal win against Sydney. They were clearly battered, but they just stuck to their brand of footy and when the opportunities came they capitilised on them. I love Brandon Smith as a player, he just throws himself into everything and rides every play. A big theme for me this week is players bringing energy on the field, and very few look as busy as him.

Bellamy on the outer in 2022 is the big one. He's been on the verge of retirement for 6 years now so it wouldn't surprise me to see him continue, but if he leaves, it'll definitely knock Melbourne down a peg.

One of the big reasons I made that Post-Covid thread was to highlight how many players were coming off contract at Melbourne and how that could shake up the player market. There's no doubt that Melbourne will sign a few promising talents with a view that said players can be coached by one of the best to ever do it before he calls it quits.

If the word regarding Fifita is true, then that's too bad.

I think Melbourne's right edge is a bit vulnerable. That's when Fifita shines.

Active Now

• azza.79
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • winslow_wong
  • IceWorks
  • Big Del
  • Tmac
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.