Round 9 Discussion

Nice @Big Pete . It will be interesting how Ricky replaces Hodgson. I think Hodgson has been a part of the reason for the Raiders scratchy form this year TBH. His passing has been off the mark and his running and kicking have been below his usual standard.
I'm not sure what to make of Wighton . I thought he was a very good centre then he surprised with his form at 6 and improved kicking game.
This year he has dropped slightly but has a new 7 so ??
Were they red lining last year with a perfectly balanced pack or is this the real Canberra destined to come up short.

Canberra does have quite a few injuries to key players.

Who is everyone going for today?, I think we would need manly to win so we stay above the dragqueens but then I hate manly.

Last edited:
Hodgson confirmed ACL. Simonsson also needing shoulder surgery and out for the rest of the season

Wow, Lane gets called for going into touch off the kick off despite clearly not going into the touch and the touchie being right there. Why are these idiots even there?

It feels like the Knights are the new Storm in being a pseudo-Queensland team:

1. Ponga
2. Hunt
3. Tuala
5. Moga
6. Mann
9. Macca
12. Guerra

If he's trying to score then he's taken his advantage.

So why should it be Newcastle feed?

When did that interpretation change?

Haha that was hilarious. Great pass, except there was no one within 10 metres of it.

Mahoney looks tiny out there compared to other players.

Amazing how much better Macca is playing now he is at the knights.
Clearly he was far too comfortable at the Broncos. Better halves at the knights I know, but even his speed has increased.

Amazing how much better Macca is playing now he is at the knights.
Clearly he was far too comfortable at the Broncos. Better halves at the knights I know, but even his speed has increased.

Probably helps having a halfback who knows what he's doing. Just try not to do anything stupid, just get Pearce the ball.

The Broncos haven't really looked organised in his time here since 2011, with the exception of 2015, and that was probably one of his better seasons too. I guess having a simple role makes it easier for him.

Looks like Mahoney forgot his socks so got a spare from KMart

How does the Parra player not get 10 min for that blatant high shot on ponga given carrigan binning.

Oh that's right hes not us

Last edited:
Macca a try scoring machine for the knights

Lol and when was the last time McC got a try out of dummy half like that for us?

Absolutely he was way too comfortable in his own skin up here, and he's not the only one.

Probably helps having a halfback who knows what he's doing. Just try not to do anything stupid, just get Pearce the ball.

The Broncos haven't really looked organised in his time here since 2011, with the exception of 2015, and that was probably one of his better seasons too. I guess having a simple role makes it easier for him.
As I said, yes they have better halves but he is just playing better, faster, wants it more and just scored a fantastic solo try. 6 games for the knights and 2 tries.
Not going badly at all.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Bish
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • RodF
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • KeithustEndaf
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • LittleDavey
  • bazza
  • Charlesstor
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • Redux
  • Fozz
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.