Round 9 - Eels vs. Broncos - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Replace Anderson with one of the young guys I reckon. Also, although I wish it were Kemp in for Maranta I'll happily take Kahu instead. Bye bye pie guts Maranta with your average game.

Last edited:
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Ha, no I'm just glad Griffin dropped him.

Hope he said it to his face, you know cuz Maranta has played more games for the Broncos that Griffin has :001_tt2:

Kemp is saving his debut for the finals!

Last edited:
coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Hopefully he learned that running at the tryline always eats standing still

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Very glad to see Kahu get a shot on the wing.

As was said earlier, at least it kind of proves that Hook realises we need to change things up a bit.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Surprised nobody's talking about this rookie "Ben Hint" who seems to have relegated Hunt to QLD cup?
Shuddup dad!

Happy to see Kahu move into the wing. Maranta wasn't cutting it, and it may be a wise move to get Kahu getting some routine in defusing bombs and returning kicks with next season in mind. (please leave Locke in NZ)

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
churr bro- hint, inderson, hula, and maguires for my bench.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Shuddup dad!

Happy to see Kahu move into the wing. Maranta wasn't cutting it, and it may be a wise move to get Kahu getting some routine in defusing bombs and returning kicks with next season in mind. (please leave Locke in NZ)

Locke to stay NZ? The chances of us actually getting Barba are slim to none and Locke comes at a pretty good price, less than Barba. I think if he wasn't playing for the Warriors he would be performing a lot better, anyways the Broncos certainly don't feel the same as you.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Locke to stay NZ? The chances of us actually getting Barba are slim to none and Locke comes at a pretty good price, less than Barba. I think if he wasn't playing for the Warriors he would be performing a lot better, anyways the Broncos certainly don't feel the same as you.

Agreed. He's very talented. New Zealand is a joke side, even Shaun Johnson wasn't playing too well there. They've both been steadily improve this year too.

I think at his best, he's got all the qualities we need - speed, attack and a good passing game.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Very happy to see Griffin dropped Maranta for Kahu! Good move from Griffin, I don't think Maranta was offering us anything, Kahu is a bit rough at present but seems to have a game breaking ability about him, excited to see how he plays alongside Hodges.

I'm assuming McGuire comes in for J Wallace and Stagg possibly in for Anderson.

Either way the fact that Maranta got dropped is a good sign, it shows Griffin is willing to drop an underperforming player, hopefully Macca gets dumped to the bench next to give him a rocket up the arse to start performing a lot better.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
With Locky, though, we had that one player with the vision to could direct the attack at the right time. That's missing now, unfortunately, and it doesn't look like anyone currently on the roster has the ability...
Hunt is probably the one most able to spot gaps the best. He easily has the best vision out of everyone in our side, would love for him to snake Prince's spot.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
He definitely has show that he has vision, repeatedly. But he's so rough it's hard to tell if he will improve. Look at Macca, you would think by now he should be showing improvement, but he isn't. By the way, Hunt has been getting more and more play time taking some away from Macca. Don't be too surprised if Griffin does bench him and start Hunt.

I just wish it would be one of the young up and coming hookers instead of Hunt. Yes I am aware that it may be risky and from what Splinter says Baptiste tends to not putt 100% in. The problem I see is that Macca may improve his game if he thinks he's going to lose his spot, which has happened before, but the moment he becomes the incumbent he reverts back. I think if it hasn't happened by now (Macca improving consistently) it may never happen.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Good to see Maranta dropped he has been a liability in the past few games and hasn't been offering anything, haven't seen enough of Kahu to make a fair comment on him.

N

nostradamus

NYC Player
Mar 13, 2013
Hunt is probably the one most able to spot gaps the best. He easily has the best vision out of everyone in our side, would love for him to snake Prince's spot.

I"like the way you think old mate. C'MON HOOK Hunt for Prince and Glanville bench would make my day / make my year!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Big Pete will probably be upset because he doesn't rate Kahu as a winger.

Not having a go at you, mate.

tumblr_lvc3kvzcE31qiiqvc.jpg

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Really happy with the team named. Love that kahu has kept a spot in the team for two reasons.

1. It looks like he is our fullback for next year cos we ain't signing anyone, so he needs as much first grade as possible.

2. He seems to have a bit of speed, a good step and a bit of X factor about him, which this team needs desperately

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It is very unlike Hook to drop Maranta. I am glad he did it though. I hope Kahu is up to the job on the wing. It will be good for his development to be next to Hodges. I wonder if getting games into Kahu is looking towards next year and a possible move to fullback?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
It'll be interesting if Norman gets injured to see who gets the fullback position, I'm assuming Hoffman would in that case with Maranta getting a recall but ideally I'd like to see Kahu go to the back for a few games if it comes to that so we can get an idea of how he's going to perform there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • eggstar10
  • Tim K
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Shane Tronc
  • theshed
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • Swordfish
  • BruiserMk1
  • whykickamoocow
  • broncsgoat
  • phoenix
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.