PRE-GAME Round 9 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Problem is Manly stood up when their captain went off injured last week - Hasler has them playing for each other as a unit.

Sure they had a huge penalty count in their favour, but they took advantage of it.

If we don't win this, we're kidding ourselves. If we can't go close to matching good teams we need to at least put away the shit teams to have some sort of hope of making the 8.

There's an argument to be made that this is the first shit team we've actually faced this season. Cowboys lost Taumalolo & Sharks lost SJ early in both games, which aided in making those games as one sided as they were, both were tipped for top 8 in the pre-season and always lift against the Broncos.

Rabbitohs (1st), Roosters (2nd), Storm (3rd), Raiders (4th), Tigers (7th) & Dragons (8th) are our losses so far this season.

Manly, despite sitting currently 6th, are arguably our easiest opponent so far without DCE & Turbo, their 2 most important players in attack.

It's truly remarkable how fucked our draw is this year, we haven't faced any of the Titans, Bulldogs, Panthers, Warriors or Knights so far, all of whom are struggling to find their feet. And I can guarantee by the time we face them, they'll have rounded in to form and be hard to beat.

Last edited:
1. Bird
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Isaako
6. Milf
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Macca
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. Carrigan

14. Paix/Grant/Bullemor/Glenn
15. Flegler
16. Joffa
17. TPJ

Time to shake things up and it is likely KNik and Roberts won't be at Red Hill next year.

There's an argument to be made that this is the first shit team we've actually faced this season. Cowboys lost Taumalolo & Sharks lost SJ early in both games, which aided in making those games as one sided as they were, both were tipped for top 8 in the pre-season and always lift against the Broncos.

Rabbitohs (1st), Roosters (2nd), Storm (3rd), Raiders (4th), Tigers (7th) & Dragons (8th) are our losses so far this season.

Manly, despite sitting currently 6th, are arguably our easiest opponent so far without DCE & Turbo, their 2 most important players in attack.

It's truly remarkable how fucked our draw is this year, we haven't faced any of the Titans, Bulldogs, Panthers, Warriors or Knights so far, all of whom are struggling to find their feet. And I can guarantee by the time we face them, they'll have rounded in to form and be hard to beat.

Sharks also lost Dugan and were without Moylan, Wade Graham and probably others I don’t know. They were barely A grade last week.

We absolutely should have put them to the sword being at full strength and we only did in one half of the match...

1.Bird
2. Oates
3.Roberts
4.Boyd
5. Isaako
6. Milf
7. Dearden
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. Carrigan

14. Staggs (used as bench hooker if no injuries)
15. Flegler
16. TPJ
17. Glenn/Joffa

I mostly agree. Especially with Bird at fullback. But I would put Stagg at centre, Boyd at wing, and Isaako either off the bench or even better, dropped completely until he learns how to catch.

If even consider giving Bird the (C) or Gillo.

Last edited:
Is this the magical round where a number of changes will be made ?

Yeah the Kodi to fullback Dream is over so Bird to fullback.

We need a mule. I'm with Sproj to start Carrigan. TPJ and Joe O need a kick in the arse. Roberts out. As for Boyd...just go.

Cat amongst pigeon time to an extent.

1. Bird 2. Oates 3. Staggs 4. Boyd 5. Isaako 6. Milford 7. Dearden
8. Flegler 9. McCullough 10. Haas 11. Fifita 12. Gillett 13. Ofahengaue
14. Turpin 15. Lodge 16. TPJ 17. Glenn

Yeah we're not beating Manly, they're playing good football even with so many injured players out.

Yeah we're not beating Manly, they're playing good football even with so many injured players out.
Manly looked beatable tonight, and they have injuries.

We can win this.

If we turn up with the right mindset we blow them off the park.

I don't know how some of the players can currently look their team mates in the eye and say they gave 100%

1.Bird
2. Oates
3.Roberts
4.Boyd
5. Isaako
6. Milf
7. Dearden
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. Carrigan

14. Staggs (used as bench hooker if no injuries)
15. Flegler
16. TPJ
17. Glenn/Joffa
Please, let this be the team announced.

If we turn up with the right mindset we blow them off the park.

I don't know how some of the players can currently look their team mates in the eye and say they gave 100%

Simple, because they are better at another indentity “ Actor “

1. Bird
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Gillett
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan (starts or doesn’t play at all)
14. Glenn
15. Flegler
16. TPJ
17. Offa

Roberts can leave. He doesn’t want to be here.

Hope Dearden has a blinder in his first game at home, hopefully its buzzing.
I am travelling up for Magic round as I live in NSW. Can’t wait to see the kid play and hopefully these bouts can turn it on.

This should be very winnable, but I guess we shall see. You got to think if we lose we may as well go to town with the changes. We could blood the likes of carrigan, a new fullback etc, with the idea of preparing them for next year.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Foordy
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • eggstar10
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
  • Midean
  • kat00
  • Dash
  • Nerd
  • Johnny92
  • Gray
  • Accept
  • lynx000
  • FACTHUNT
  • Cavalo
  • winslow_wong
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.