PRE-GAME Round 9 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I don't think having him out is just suddenly going to create a massive black hole in our defense. It's time for the other forwards to tighten up their defense too, especially TPJ. His experiment at lock should probably be over.

I remember Turpin's defense being pretty good in his limited time in first grade, and he put on some big shots too.

Last edited:
Maybe so but what if we lose a bit in defence but gain a lot more in attack?

At the moment defence should be our biggest concern considering the amount of points we are leaking

I don't think having him out is just suddenly going to create a massive black hole in our defense. It's time for the other forwards to tighten up their defense too, especially TPJ. His experiment at lock should probably be over.

I remember Turpin's defense being pretty good in his limited time in first grade, and he put on some big shots too.

Turpin plays, we rout the injury ravaged Sea Eagles. Very confident, we will run up a score.

Not such a bad thing, team being shaken up. With fresh faces at 7 and 9, our fortunes may just improve for the better.

With Isaako and Roberts gone, sounding like Macca also, it would make perfect sense that now is the time to put Boyd on the wing, Bird to FB, and give them all a bit of a shake.

Will be interesting to see who will come in for Macca (if as bad as its sounding,) Turpin??
Possibly a totally new spine for this week..

Seibs is really starting to make this team his (from what he has inherited.)
I hope we just let Roberts loose now, I'm happy to go with Staggs and bank Roberts' $.
I'd also give Staggs the goal kicking duties this week, it'd be too much pressure I think for Dearden in these early days of his career.

So Dearden to takeover kicking duties? Still don't see what Shibasaki offers..? But seeing as he's always in the mix I must be missing something. Does anyone see him being a solid winger?

I'm with you. I don't rate Shiba at all BUT I absolutely want him to prove me wrong, I'm hoping he does and proves to be a bonafide gun.

What about Perese from the Reds? I'm starting to rate Shibasaki in the same boat as Pearson, solid in QCup but nervous nellies at NRL level.
Kenner was terrible at Souths, why sign him at the 1st place. Anyone know if Vudogo is playing in the lower grades atm?

Last edited:
What about Perese from the Reds? I'm starting to rate Shibasaki in the same boat as Pearson, solid in QCup but nervous nellies at NRL level.
Kenner was terrible at Souths, why sign him at the 1st place. Anyone know if Vudogo is playing in the lower grades atm?
Unbreakable posted his 2019 ISC stats on here the other day. They are awful.

What odds are we for the spoon now? Whatever it is it must be overs with a rookie 7 and 9.

Last edited:

Vudogo is playing for Souths Logan in the BRL.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Bird
5. Shibasaki
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. TPJ
12. Gillett
13. Carrigan

If you had told me in the pre-season by Round 9 the squad would look like this, I would have fallen over. The bench is gonna be interesting to see as well.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Bird
5. Shibasaki
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. TPJ
12. Gillett
13. Carrigan

If you had told me in the pre-season by Round 9 the squad would look like this, I would have fallen over. The bench is gonna be interesting to see as well.
If that's the side it will be interesting. Not going to win. But still interesting too see and i look forward to the game.

Last edited:
Let’s gone the Turpinator

(ps hurry up and throw a contract at Grant already Seibs)

****. Feel sorry for Macca. I hope he’s alright. I wasn’t convinced by his form but you never want a player to get a serious injury.

Hold onto your sacks boys. Everyone wanting to see a shake up in the team list is getting all that and some by the sounds of it.

****. Feel sorry for Macca. I hope he’s alright. I wasn’t convinced by his form but you never want a player to get a serious injury.

Hold onto your sacks boys. Everyone wanting to see a shake up in the team list is getting all that and some by the sounds of it.

Boyd is still captain and at fullback so there is still one big piece of the puzzle missing

Just saw the comp stats. Ilikena Vudogo 3 matches for 5 tries, 2nd on the points scoring ladder.

Wow, now that's a strike rate we could use if Jimmy the Jet is going.

Let's put that in context, four of those five were in one game, he can't consistently make the Magpies BRL side who have won one game and he can't make their ISC side that has won two games and beaten by 70 yesterday.

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.