Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

How good is Joffa. I wonder at what point he enters Origin bolter conversations.

How good is Joffa. I wonder at what point he enters Origin bolter conversations.

a good couple of years away at least ... unless we get a major injury crisis in the forwards

a good couple of years away at least ... unless we get a major injury crisis in the forwards

Definitely hit the nail on the head here Foordy. Napa, after his start to the year especially, is deservedly next cab off the rank for the piggies.... Joffa 2018 absolute earliest - how long did McGuire take to knock down the door.

I, like most, have rated him more highly than Wallace for a while now, but I think he may be starting to slightly edge his nose in front of Wallace at the Broncos. He's started to get more minutes then him for one, especially last two weeks with forwards out and needing benchies to stand up.

I tell you what though, if there's one thing Bennett knows how to do its bring a prop into first grade. Joffa might be a much better prospect, but he's going to have to work bloody hard for extra minute he takes off Wallace/the rest of the prop rotation.

Speaking of Ese'ese.. I don't wanna be too hard on him because he's had very limited opportunities and minutes, but I certainly haven't been blown away by his performances thus far, don't think he's made more than 10 metres in a hit-up yet.

Regardless, I don't think we'll see him again until the Origin period, hopefully he gets some more minutes at that point, so we can get a proper look at him.

He's only just starting too, mate. He's also only 20. Wait till he starts adding his foot work and his offload. He'll be a big minute player and a destructive Prop in the same mold as Jesse Bromwich.

Speaking of Ese'ese.. I don't wanna be too hard on him because he's had very limited opportunities and minutes, but I certainly haven't been blown away by his performances thus far, don't think he's made more than 10 metres in a hit-up yet.

Regardless, I don't think we'll see him again until the Origin period, hopefully he gets some more minutes at that point, so we can get a proper look at him.

Limited game time but I have noticed his presence. He is a big lump of a lad and you can certainly notice him when he goes on. He looks like he hits hard in defence and the biggest plus I have for him in the past two games is no missed tackles. Defence is certainly a priority for these young forwards coming into the side.

Mate you are being to hard on him. I think he has been good with his limited opportunities.

I agree he hasn't done anything of note so far, but it is way way to early to make a judgement.

Right now for a prop of his age all we need from him on the field is not too **** up. Don't miss tackles, give away penalties or drop the ball. Giving Herman another taste of first grade, how fast it is, how hard the hits are; those are the the main things we gain from having him on the bench rather the any really meaningful contribution.

He'll take that back to Q Cup over the next couple of weeks and hopefully step up his intensity after experiencing first grade. Come back around Origin and hopefully be that little bit better again.

My memory is pretty dodge but don't think Joffa did anything more then Herman has in his first couple of games.

All that being said I don't have any idea how good a player Herman is, I've now watched him in 2 (maybe 3) games... But there's no real point looking too much into his performance in the last couple of weeks or worrying about his contribution. For now, the teams getting what it needs just from him just being out there.

How come hunt doesn't do his blind side raids anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally feel like the halves are to locked in to play the majority on either the left or right side.

I personally feel like the halves are to locked in to play the majority on either the left or right side.

This.
Would love to see milf link with roberts more with some of those no look passes, also hunts passing game lately has been shithouse, would like to see him drift to the right more and throw some cutouts on his natural side to oates.

I wonder what would be harder, teaching Roberts to become a left side centre or teaching the halves there is a right side to the field.
Somebody said it earlier, Sharks played above there potential, Broncs below.
We were always going to lose that game with our 2 best defensive, possibly the NRL's 2 best defensive players on the bench.

First half was pathetic. And we deserved the loss but how many games have been lost due to goal kicking now ?

is it just or was our atack a lot better last year, last year we used to throw it out wide running decoys but we also had that play where milford drifted into the middle and threw a short ball to wallace or parker, teams are starting to release we always throw it wide so i think we need to throw a few short balls to make there defence second guess

is it just or was our atack a lot better last year, last year we used to throw it out wide running decoys but we also had that play where milford drifted into the middle and threw a short ball to wallace or parker, teams are starting to release we always throw it wide so i think we need to throw a few short balls to make there defence second guess

I don't think so. When you compare where we were last year to where we are now I think we are significantly improved.

Perspective is a funny thing... I think we have improved in all almost any area I can think of off the top of my head. compared to going into rep round last year. Yet there overarching sentiment on BHQ is that we are underperforming. I think a lot of this is down to the fact we expect a lot more of them this year, and we have some bloody high peaks in performance that we compare them too.

Going back to round 4 against the cows, we have been scoring tries at the back end of games despite - Ben Hunts kicking game as some like to point out - excluding against the Titans. Last season we weren't closing them out or putting a score on when we should have, again, despite Ben Hunts kicking game. Either way that was the biggest gripe many members had with out attack last season, so I'm surprised more people aren't more vocally happy about it this season.

At this time of year we just need to see the basics in attack for me to be happy - especially the little extra's that typify a Bennett coached team. Everyone pushing up in support, team first play etc... Come the back third of out season that foundation will serve us well when Bennett starts working on our attack.

There's no point showing teams what we have got just yet and give them another 16 rounds to work out how to stop it.

We are equal first on the ladder. How anyone can not be happy with that is a mystery

Very frustrating, we could have put a gap in the chasing teams. Now we go into the origin period neck and neck with 3 other sides.

I think we're in a good spot in regards to Origin. Apart from Boyd (who will be replaced by the NZ FB), we still have our spine intact. Cronulla will lose Maloney and probably Ennis, the Cows may lose their 1, 6, and 7, and the Storm lose Smith and Cronk.

I think we're in a good spot in regards to Origin. Apart from Boyd (who will be replaced by the NZ FB), we still have our spine intact. Cronulla will lose Maloney and probably Ennis, the Cows may lose their 1, 6, and 7, and the Storm lose Smith and Cronk.

I actually think the pack is of more concern. Sure, we do have top notch prospects coming through based on what everyone around here says... But severely lacking in players with NRL experience... I think we will miss the likes of Dodds, Lowrie, Stagg around origin.

That being said I am glad we moved them on - with the way we're travelling we get more value blooding these young guys and getting them some experience then we do from picking up an extra couple of wins that the experienced lads may have gotten us.

Herman will come in barring injury (3 games), but can't think of anyone else that'll come in who has played NRL apart from Boyce. Who else is there?

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Alec
  • MrTickyMcG
  • marw
  • sooticus
  • Robboi_321
  • Jazza
  • Astro
  • Mick_Hancock
  • mrslong
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • scobie
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Rambstien
  • Aldo
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.