Rugby League Internationals

Origin has been fucked ever since the no punch rule anyway. All the players out there are friends now. It was better when they hated each other.

This proved that Meninga is really not a good coach. He didn't have Cooper, Cam, Billy, Thurston or Locky there to save his ass like they did over the years. These new age players actually need to be coached as the gap isn't as big anymore

What stood out to me about the performance is how many bodies Tonga were able to get around the ball in broken play. There were a few moments where Australia were on the counter-attack and would usually take the game away from their opposition. In this case, there always seemed to be more Tongans around the football and Australia just couldn't get away.

With Australia, I think there's still a number of positions up for grabs. You'd have to imagine that T. Trbojevic would be at right centre and Fergo if he gets himself right takes up the other wing. I'm not convinced by Munster or DCE. Munster is a fantastic runner of the footy and he's got a really good bomb, otherwise he struggles. Meanwhile I've always had concerns with DCE's game and while he ticks a lot of boxes, I don't think he can put it altogether. If his kicking game isn't on song, typically he has a long night which is what we saw.

I'm not sure about having Graham and Cordner in the same team together. Both play on the same side of the field and there seems to be this general reluctance to play Graham elsewhere. Frizell I thought tried hard, but couldn't sustain over the 80 minutes and was targeted relentlessly by the Tongan attack. I'd have to think that Fifita would be in the frame for that spot come the World Cup.

Cook continues to disappoint. I'm not sure what it is about Damien, but in both the finals and the internationals he's saved some of his worst performances and just looks lost at 9. He's the most dangerous 9 in the game so it out-weighs a lot of those problems, but his defence and service left a lot to be desired.

Finally, Haas is just something else. That run he had late in the game where he found Tedesco was beautiful, hopefully Nick wasn't watching.

For that game atleast I would of swapped Wighton and Munster, Wighton was the inform 6 at the end of the year While Munster was out of form, put him in the centers with less responsibilities and he would of fared better.

Haas had to start though and needed to play big minutes, he makes every other prop look completely average, heck had they just did that they probably would of won.

Gebbie's footwork on Moceidreke was slick. I really hope he can follow in the foot-steps of Olam and tighten his game now that he's in the NRL system. It may take him a similar amount of time, but he'd be a handy asset if he can produce his best efforts more consistently.

I wonder how embarrassed Evans would be looking back at that footage. Horrible marker defence.

Gebbie's footwork on Moceidreke was slick. I really hope he can follow in the foot-steps of Olam and tighten his game now that he's in the NRL system. It may take him a similar amount of time, but he'd be a handy asset if he can produce his best efforts more consistently.

I wonder how embarrassed Evans would be looking back at that footage. Horrible marker defence.

There was no marker defence he went down with an eye injury.

There was no marker defence he went down with an eye injury.

I don't know about going down, more like wallowing around and excusing himself of his one responsibility.

Rugby League isn't for the weak of heart. When you're in the middle, you've got to roll with the punches and never show signs of weakness. The moment you do, you're a liability.

Last edited:
So you see him holding his eye as he went to marker, then go down to his knees after the play has passed him?

So you see him holding his eye as he went to marker, then go down to his knees after the play has passed him?

Don't forget the wailing and not making an effort to do his job part.

Don't forget the wailing and not making an effort to do his job part.

I should say I was cursing him for the rest of the game because I did notice how fucking lazy he was from that point, in my view head least had an excuse on this occasion.

Love Chris hill as a player. Still really good even at his age.

The Lions look a very tired footy team.
[automerge]1573287154[/automerge]
How the hell wasnt that called held?

Last edited:
Why don’t we use Isaako for all drop goal attempts?

Active Now

• Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • RolledOates
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.