RUMOR: Ben Te'o to Brisbane

It's just Paul Kent's annual article about , "The Broncos are evil incarnate" "They always cheat" etc etc.

Hodges, Vidot, Dodds, Stagg and Lowrie all leaving but apparently Te'o would take up five players salaries.

Right.

not to mention that Garbutt is gone and he was reportedly on 250k

and there is no way we would have to carry Kennedy any longer given how he was suspended (another 400K)

We probably don't 'need' him, but I would be stoked if we brought Te'o back to the club.

Love that style of backrower. He was only just getting going with us when he left for Souths.

It's only OK when the Roosters do it.

I was gonna say something similar

If Ben was linked to the rorters or rabbits, the article would be praising the clubs for finding a way to bring a start back from a rival code

But no, it's the Broncos, so they have to stick the boots in

I was gonna say something similar

If Ben was linked to the rorters or rabbits, the article would be praising the clubs for finding a way to bring a start back from a rival code

But no, it's the Broncos, so they have to stick the boots in

In that regard... can we use the "poach from another code" discount? Seeing as it's already been used, it must be a legit "thing".

As a massive RU as well as RL fan, all accounts I've heard is that Te'o has been playing well at Leinster if struggling somewhat to adapt to the subtleties of union (a bit like Burgess really).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Tvwt8hxlU

That's Te'o running all over Mathieu Basteraud (big unit who has spent a lot of time in the French team) so he's still got his running ability.

I'd love to have him at Red Hill and I think we'll definitely be able to afford him. Big guys who are still mobile will be an absolute asset under the new rules and a back row rotation of Te'o, Gillett and Glenn would be lethal. Te'o is a bigger impact runner than Glenn and he had a lot of success running off Hunt and Milf in 2015. Plus any way that we can get Parker some rest during the season should absolutely be a priority.

Did that POS Paul Kent complain about minimum wage Turd Ferguson? Or getting Martin Kennedy on "minimum wage" because somehow under NRL rules, the previous club has to cover the complete wage, while the player still has the choice of going to the lowest bidder.

Did that POS Paul Kent complain about minimum wage Turd Ferguson? Or getting Martin Kennedy on "minimum wage" because somehow under NRL rules, the previous club has to cover the complete wage, while the player still has the choice of going to the lowest bidder.

or when the Eels tried to fit Folau under the cap for SFA ... in fact, if i recall correctly, he complained that the NRL wouldn't allow it

or when the Eels tried to fit Folau under the cap for SFA ... in fact, if i recall correctly, he complained that the NRL wouldn't allow it

Yep, he was one of the loudest against the NRL over it.

If Teo comes back I will, for reals, buy him an ice cream. And not just a dinky little Maccas 30c cone. A triple scoop baskin robbins one with hot fudge and whipped cream and any toppings he wants. I'll even email Kenty the receipt so he can piss and moan about the sweet TPAs available in Brisbane.

If we are to sign Teo, I would prefer before the pre season starts so he can get adapted to our system again

If Teo comes back I will, for reals, buy him an ice cream. And not just a dinky little Maccas 30c cone. A triple scoop baskin robbins one with hot fudge and whipped cream and any toppings he wants. I'll even email Kenty the receipt so he can piss and moan about the sweet TPAs available in Brisbane.

If we sign Teo I'll buy him a take home pack from cold rock

Now that I've had some time to think about it.. I wonder if this might work. Our best metre gainers are McGuire & Parker, let's put them at the 2 prop spots and get them as involved as possible. Blair and Gillett are our best ball playing forwards, we have them on either edge. Te'o would be the glue that holds it all together at Lock, can pull off big hits and can run it hard. With Glenn & Thaiday off the bench as impact players.

Not only would this strengthen our bench, but look at how much better defensively this team would be, with Blair on the left side of the field instead of Glenn we'd be much harder to penetrate, not to mention having Te'o in the middle smashing the other teams forwards.

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Blair
12. Gillett
13. Te'o

14. Nikorima
15. Glenn
16. Thaiday
17. Wallace / Gavet / Ofahengaue

Or you could just name a normal pack like the ones we've named all year and just have Glenn benched for Te'o.

I wouldn't mind Te'o coming off the bench. I don't see it as a demotion or anything either. But his hard hitting could go a long way in helping our forward pack once the big guns are off.

Cheap skate. I'll grab him a 2L tub of Ben and Jerrys

Surely, you would have to give him this?

sw_biggest_ice_cream_nt_120702_wblog.jpg

If I could put my tin foil hat on for a sec, it's almost as if Kenty is hoping that his comments scare the Broncos out of the negotiations to prevent us getting him.

Good fucking luck. Wayne Bennett is certainly not intimidated by you, Kenty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unread

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Lozza
  • Porthoz
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Morkel
  • Turks85
  • broncsgoat
  • Rookie Alan
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.