RUMOUR: Cherry Evans and Foran

It should be remembered that Peter Wallace was "half blocking" Ben Hunt's path into the run on team. Griffin realised this (albeit 6mnths too late) and rightly ousted him. Griffin should be remembered fondly for this decison alone.

Agree. As well as Milford's recruitment. Others may say what they want about Griffin, but he formed our 2015 halves pairing without even being there. Such influence the man has :takdir: ... Throw in Garbutt aswell...

The biggest thing for Griffin was he probably needed a change. He needed to get away from his under 20's players. He could well be a better coach at a different club where he has no links and emotional bonds with his players. One thing Griffin did was that he had faith in his players and allowed the younger players to become regular first grade players after graduating from the NYC. That may well have been his downside too, as he persisted with his players when perhaps other coaches wouldn't. He very rarely made the tough calls.

Last edited:
It should be remembered that Peter Wallace was "half blocking" Ben Hunt's path into the run on team. Griffin realised this (albeit 6mnths too late) and rightly ousted him. Griffin should be remembered fondly for this decison alone.
Yeah it definitely wasn't your boy Norman or Prince, lol.

Boyd to the wing, Milford to fullback, Cherry Evans to five-eighth, sit back and watch the premierships roll in.
Gotta disagree with you again AP, if given the choice I would take Foran over DCE. Still I am happy with our halves now

Why is 400k huge money for a proven state and international winger? No one was complaining about Hoffman being on around the 350 mark. 400 seems fair to me with the salary cap on the rise

Anyone suggesting boyd at fullback and milford in the halves is a better option than milford at fullback and dce/foran in the halves is looking at things thru bennett coloured glasses. dce and foran are in a totally different class to boyd, and milfords (arguably apparently) best position is fullback. if we could either it would be brilliant. doesnt take a genius to see what would work best here. boyd can play wing, or be waynes masseuse for all i care.

Anyone suggesting boyd at fullback and milford in the halves is a better option than milford at fullback and dce/foran in the halves is looking at things thru bennett coloured glasses. dce and foran are in a totally different class to boyd, and milfords (arguably apparently) best position is fullback. if we could either it would be brilliant. doesnt take a genius to see what would work best here. boyd can play wing, or be waynes masseuse for all i care.

I think in an ideal world everyone would love a spine including Milford, Hunt & DCE. But it's not viable. To do so you'll either have to rort the cap, or offer back-ended contracts which means you have a very narrow window of opportunity, followed by many more lean years of rebuilding.

In an ideal world we have a spine that includes Shaun Johnson!

I think in an ideal world everyone would love a spine including Milford, Hunt & DCE. But it's not viable. To do so you'll either have to rort the cap, or offer back-ended contracts which means you have a very narrow window of opportunity, followed by many more lean years of rebuilding.

well yeh, i never said it was feasible or even possible, but to suggest it wouldnt be a better combo is nuts

Anyone suggesting boyd at fullback and milford in the halves is a better option than milford at fullback and dce/foran in the halves is looking at things thru bennett coloured glasses..

Has.. anyone said that in this thread? Did I miss it?

I hope we do show interest in Foran and DCE. It's always in our interest to jack up the price of players at rival clubs.

well yeh, i never said it was feasible or even possible, but to suggest it wouldnt be a better combo is nuts

No one has said it is though. Why do threads kept getting bogged down by this shit.

If we are playing in fantasy, no salary cap land why stop there? Why not get inglis and matt scott? Andrew fifita too? how about James Graham and Sam burgess? Macca seems to divide fans, **** it lets get smith and he can bring cronk along to play bench utlity.

Now anyone that says that isn't better than our current team is looking through Bennett glasses

No one has said it is though. Why do threads kept getting bogged down by this shit.

If we are playing in fantasy, no salary cap land why stop there? Why not get inglis and matt scott? Andrew fifita too? how about James Graham and Sam burgess? Macca seems to divide fans, **** it lets get smith and he can bring cronk along to play bench utlity.

Now anyone that says that isn't better than our current team is looking through Bennett glasses

1 Greg Inglis
2 Darius Boyd
3 Israel Folau
4 Justin Hodges
5 Dale Copley
6 Ben Hunt
7 DCE
8 Matt Scott
9 Cameron Smith
10 James Graham
11 Sam Burgess
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker
14 Andrew Fifita
15 Cooper Cronk
16 Corey Oates
17 Josh McGuire

Stop it.

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  • GCBRONCO
  • IceWorks
  • LGH
  • broncotville
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • cento
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.