[RUMOUR] Daniel Vidot to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vidot has been released because the Dragons have a surplus of backs. They have no need for him and he probably knows that. Moving home to Brisbane where he stands a pretty good chance of getting a game would be driving the move.

Fair point but they were also regular first graders at the time of being dumped, he's also now a Dragons reject, how many players get dumped from 2 clubs then come good

If he was on $250k then it's more to do with value for money as opposed to the fact that he's outright crap.

If he was on $250k then it's more to do with value for money as opposed to the fact that he's outright crap.
I'd love to see where that figure is from, Dragons would have to have been nuts to sign him for that considering his final year at the Raiders he spent most of it at Logan and barely played first grade his first year at the Dragons, I'd say half that is a more likely price.

Last edited:
I originally posted it as a stir didn't think you guys would be this happy to sign a Raiders and Dragons reject

With Stagg and Maranta as current backline options its fair to say Vidot would be a welcome addition.

Griffin is just the man to get rid of his brain snaps, and Kearney to fix his defence.

:sleep:

I originally posted it as a stir didn't think you guys would be this happy to sign a Raiders and Dragons reject
I don't think you get it Bushy. You never had Maranta play for the Raiders, otherwise you'd understand! :winky:

Imagine a full strength Broncos back line with Vidot moving here!

1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh

Awesome.

Agreed considering Hodges and YY are coming back from bad injuries and the origin period. Copley, Drew, Vidot, Kahu. Not a bad bunch of backs to add to your list. No need to ever play Stagg, Oates on the Wing again. Maranta can also be dropped for good. I like the idea.

Agreed considering Hodges and YY are coming back from bad injuries and the origin period. Copley, Drew, Vidot, Kahu. Not a bad bunch of backs to add to your list. No need to ever play Stagg, Oates on the Wing again. Maranta can also be dropped for good. I like the idea.

You must've missed the joke, he was being sarcastic in saying that Vidot wouldn't even make the team :P

Full strength team at least.

Like I and others said earlier in the thread, he was an extremely promising back early on in his career. Maybe he can get back to that.

Not a bad option by any stretch. As it's been said, not full-strength quality but decent backup. Only worry is his inconsistency. Some days he plays very well, bags some tries. Other days it's just a string of monumental fuckups. To be fair I haven't taken too much notice of him. I doubt anyone else on here has either

I'd be happy with him coming to Brisbane. He has ability and like most of us, when happy we perform at our best. Certainly would be a good pickup if paid a fair rate. Probably is a boost to Hook in his probable final year.

To be fair I haven't taken too much notice of him. I doubt anyone else on here has either

I vaguely remember him from his time in Canberra. He was a beast coming out of his own end. having him was like having an extra prop on the field

but he was also terrible under the high ball and the fact that he was unwanted by Canberra and St Merge makes you wonder if there is something else that we don't know about.

but he was also terrible under the high ball and the fact that he was unwanted by Canberra and St Merge makes you wonder if there is something else that we don't know about.
He wasnt too bad under the high ball when an opposition was challenging for it, his problem was more when he had all the time in the world and unchallenged plus poor communication with the fullback which ended up with Dugan regularly giving him a mouthful

He is a similar player to Corey Oates both finishing of tries and also having the ability to bust through defenders with their strength. Going to detract my earlier statement and say he mightn't be to bad of a pickup for some depth but Oates is a good prospect and is bigger and imo stronger.

Vidot 2012 highlights sorry for the bad quality

Last edited by a moderator:
wouldn't hoffman be in tears if vidot signs? then again not even thurston is guaranteed a first grade spot if he signed under the anthony griffin regime

The Second coming of a combination of Lewis, Langer and Lockyer would still be playing off the bench as a replacement for McCullough under Griffin.

But seriously I got no problem with signing Vidot, we really would be well served stocking up on our back depth as long as its at a reasonable salary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Clintos
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • simplythebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bronx48
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.