[RUMOUR] Daniel Vidot to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a half not a fucking winger or centre. I don't give a shit about Vidot.

And with 2 young quality halves crying for a chance people still want Hoffman at 5/8 after he has shown absolutely NO INSTINCTS as a play maker?

Settle down for a moment, when the club constantly plays guys like Glenn/Stagg in the backline to fill for injury and Maranta plays as many games as he did also due to injury. Who wouldn't want to see a genuine backline player come in as either a permanent winger or an experienced backup.

As for Hoffman in the halves, read the entire post and don't start smashing at your keys as soon as you see his name. It's not what myself or anyone else is saying they want to see, it's what is being expected by myself and a few others based on reports.

What were your U20s wingers and centres like this year, could they be ready to step up a grade in 2014 to fill in a handful of games?

Well we brought Oates up and gave him a crack and look how that turned out

Settle down for a moment, when the club constantly plays guys like Glenn/Stagg in the backline to fill for injury and Maranta plays as many games as he did also due to injury. Who wouldn't want to see a genuine backline player come in as either a permanent winger or an experienced backup.

As for Hoffman in the halves, read the entire post and don't start smashing at your keys as soon as you see his name. It's not what myself or anyone else is saying they want to see, it's what is being expected by myself and a few others based on reports.

I am expecting Copley and JYY to return which will obviate the need for Stagg/Glenn to play in the backs, even though I reckon a slimmed down Glenn would make a good centre in his own right

Like I said, we have 7 quality centres and wingers in the roster ( + Glenn :) )

As for Hoffman, I was having a go at those who even remotely think of playing him in the halves when he has shown he is one of the very very best wingers in the business, and has shown ZIP as a play maker

Jordan Drew showed a bit of promise against the Dragons.

Jordan Drew has potential, he's still really raw but.

Yes, I forgot about him.

Make that 8 quality centres/wingers (+ Glenn for emergencies).

We might have different definitions of quality :P the only quality centres and wingers we have in my opinion are Hodges, Hoffman, Reed

Special mention to Yow Yeh, but he can't be called quality at the moment.

We might have different definitions of quality :P the only quality centres and wingers we have in my opinion are Hodges, Hoffman, Reed

Special mention to Yow Yeh, but he can't be called quality at the moment.

And a special mention to Oates. What... how many tries in how many matches?

Also, people are talking up Copley and Kahu for mine has class except for his horrific run of injuries

And a special mention to Oates. What... how many tries in how many matches?

Oh I thought you said Wingers and Centres, not Backrowers, he played well on the wing, but he's not a winger.

Has he played in the backrow at NRL level? Because at this point at NRL level he is a winger who can finish and finish well.

Whether he's played it or not, he doesn't have a long term future on the wing, so we should try to curb our enthusiasm in relation to him being a quality winger.

It's good for his development that he's getting NRL game time, don't get me wrong, I love how he plays.

I can't see Oates continuing on the wing next season if we have a full strength squad to choose from. I view him as a stop gap measure in the backs. I think he will develop into a might fine backrower. That said if he has to stay in the backs playing him in the centres would probably better suit his game.

Hr could turn out like Karl Filiga. At present he has made a mighty fine impression on the wing, so at present he is a quality back, regardless of the point that he has played the majority of U20 in the second row.

McCullough was a five-eighth at u20 if you'll recall yet none of us see him there now.

McCullough was a five-eighth at u20 if you'll recall yet none of us see him there now.

Great comparison man

> McCullough has played 5 full seasons (120+ Games) at Hooker in the NRL
> Oates has played 10 games on the Wing in the NRL, purely because of injuries.

Great comparison man

I think you've missed the point here; which is that where you played in U20's does not necessarily translate into where you play NRL

Great comparison man

10 games on the wing, 0 games in the second row.. He is at this point a NRL Winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Galah
  • Behold
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.