Rumour - Jordan Kahu to Cronulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Some rumours floating around the interwebz that Kahu could be offered a pretty big wedge from the Sharks.

The Sharks poaching Kahu would be the last straw for me. There is no justifiable reason not to resign him yesterday.

I honestly can't see it happening, with us sticking by him through long term injuries for him to up and leave a few months after getting fit would be absolute shit. I'll file this rumor in the bullshit category.

I can't see Kahu being offered a big wad from the Sharks despite their ordinary back line given his injury history.

However, he is behind Reed and Hodges in the centre pecking order and Hoffman, Yow Yeh (if he comes back fully) and possibly Copley on the wings so if he's offered a starting spot elsewhere then he could go. If he's got the fullback spot pencilled in then Gee would be mad not to give him a heads up so he knows he's got a better shot at a starting position next year.

The fact that they haven't re signed him already is really concerning me.

What position do you see Kahu playing long term?

That's a tough one. I haven't seen him play fullback in first grade so it's hard to say that position. From what I've seen so far winger is his best position, but wingers tend to not stay in that position for a long time at Broncos. We are forever changing/losing them.

I don't agree that us not having already re-signed him is worrying. When a player is just starting to crack first grade they usually will not sign a contract early in the season as the generally want to play out a fair chunk of the season first to get a true gauge of their value on market and then sign at a significantly higher price than if they signed at the start of year having close to zero first grade experience.

I don't agree that us not having already re-signed him is worrying. When a player is just starting to crack first grade they usually will not sign a contract early in the season as the generally want to play out a fair chunk of the season first to get a true gauge of their value on market and then sign at a significantly higher price than if they signed at the start of year having close to zero first grade experience.

The reason I find it concerning is that with all the rumours of him going to the sharks, the fact that the broncos have not addressed it in any way shape or form gives me cause to worry

Kahu is still a nobody in the scheme of things so I can't see the club trying to kill off rumors about relative nobodies signing elsewhere. If they haven't killed off the Wallace rumor (well Parker has but he isn't running recruitment) then there's no way they will comment on Kahu leaving. If they started doing that they'd need a press conference every couple of weeks to deny rumors.

I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, I'm just saying I don't think Kahu leaving has any credibility. I just can't see him up and leaving after what the club has done for him. It's clear to me that Griffin rates Kahu highly so I can't see Grififn letting him go without a fight.

As far as rumours go, wasn't Ben hunt going to saints and gold coast and even Melbourne at one stage? Management never came out and denied those either.

The would need to hire someone full time for that purpose only if they were going to react to every rumour out there... :001_rolleyes:

The would need to hire someone full time for that purpose only if they were going to react to every rumour out there... :001_rolleyes:

Or just have whoever runs their twitter account to go "Nice new rumour, No Ben Hunt isn't going anywhere."

Are all the other teams as hands off with the fans (in regards to talking about what happens inside the club, rumours etc.)?

Most clubs don't bother with rumours like that, except when it takes major proportions like the Barba thing at the Bulldogs. That goes for any footy code really...

^ Yeah +1 to that. Kahu is a nobody he's not worth denying a rumor for, lol.

Now if the news was Hodges going to the Sharks you can bet the club would come out and silence the rumors.

That's a good point, I wasn't really worried about the rumours of him leaving, but for those who are hopefully you've eased their minds :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.