Rumour - Jordan Kahu to Cronulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ster-jordan-kahu/story-e6frep76-1226648742586

Kahu in negotiations to re-sign.

Sydney reports have linked Kahu with Cronulla, but Griffin is keen to retain the 95kg rookie, who has bravely fought his way back from two knee reconstructions.
"We'd like Jordan to stay," Griffin said. "We've entered into negotiations now, we've been very good to Jordan over the last two years when he hasn't played and he appreciates that."
Kahu, who opened his try-scoring account with a double against Parramatta a fortnight ago on Brisbane's right flank, says his uncertain future has provided added motivation.
"I haven't made any decisions yet, I have been focusing on playing week in, week out," he said.

With such a cliche line from Kahu, we know he's born to play football.

Good to hear that we are at least keen to re-sign him.

Re-signing the likes of Hunt / Kahu / Gillett was definitely a big priority this year, so I guess on the bright side we've at least done that (Still don't think losing Norman was a massive loss)

I'd very much appreciate it if we bought a good Fullback / Half before next year, but I just can't see it happening at this rate.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're grooming Kahu to be our Fullback next year, I can almost guarantee the back 7 of ~

1. Kahu
2. Yow Yeh (Maranta/Copley/Kemp)
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Hoffman
6. Hunt
7. Wallace

Re-signing the likes of Hunt / Kahu / Gillett was definitely a big priority this year, so I guess on the bright side we've at least done that (Still don't think losing Norman was a massive loss)

I'd very much appreciate it if we bought a good Fullback / Half before next year, but I just can't see it happening at this rate.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're grooming Kahu to be our Fullback next year, I can almost guarantee the back 7 of ~

1. Kahu
2. Yow Yeh (Maranta/Copley/Kemp)
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Hoffman
6. Hunt
7. Wallace

And that doesn't sound like too bad an idea really.

Has he had any experience in that posiition though ??

Yes he does (so I've been told) and it does look really good (apart from Wallace).

I've personally not watched much of him, but on his wikipedia it's listed as his most preferred position.

Fullback is his preferred position and what he has played through all his juniors. Funnily enough wing is where he has had the least experience and has played better on the wing than a lot of first grade wingers

That's a good point, he certainly has played better than a lot of them. The competition is starved of good wingers. What happens to them? YY was poised to be one of the best.

That's a good point, he certainly has played better than a lot of them. The competition is starved of good wingers. What happens to them? YY was poised to be one of the best.

IMO a lot of players seem to think that wing is an inferior position so all want to be a fullback or a centre. So very few are like yow yeh and will put in the time and effort to perfect it cos that what's best for the team. Wing has changed a lot from being just catch and run, but I don't think many players see it that way.

It's a shame, a lot of points can be scored out on the edges.

"I'm not worrying about contract talks. I'm just focussing on playing good football. The rest will take care of itself"... classic cliches :-)

Kahu looks the goods. Offer him $200k on a two-year deal, with an option in the clubs favour. If it turns out by the end of this season he's the real deal, and his injury problems are behind him, sign him long term.

Kahu looks the goods. Offer him $200k on a two-year deal, with an option in the clubs favour. If it turns out by the end of this season he's the real deal, and his injury problems are behind him, sign him long term.

$100k a year is nothing with the new cap.

Hoffman, Hodges, Hannant, McGuire are all on $300k-$350k a year, I'd happily pay Jordan $200k a year for a couple of years to see what he's made of

You been getting your negotiations advice of Andrew Gee Morks.....?

Kahu has to be worth at least 150K / yr.

You been getting your negotiations advice of Andrew Gee Morks.....?

Kahu has to be worth at least 150K / yr.

Yeah I gotta agree with this. In fact I would be happy with 200k with increases if he reaches certain criteria etc. he is worth that kind of money on current form and really his potential is so far unscratched. For what he could be and given our lack of quality in the backs (not to forget hodges is far closer to the end than he is the start) we simply MUST keep him imo

Geez, you would imagine the other clubs are offering at least 200k a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Bongo
  • Porthoz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  • ostin86
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Morkel
  • Turks85
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.