Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What do we want?" Griffin Sacked! "When do we want it?" Never, unless its done nicely. You guys are more indecisive than my ex girlfriend.

It has nothing to do with how it has been done ... although it doesn't look like it was done professionally.

but everything to do with who it was done for.

we were effectively dumped by Bennett, and now he wants to come back, we are spreading our legs again for him.

another thing that has just come to mind is that apparently Bennett has stated he wouldn't negotiate with any club that had a coach under contract and would only talk to teams without signed coaches for 2015, but looks like he has done just that.

FWIW, I'm happy Griffin has been given the boot and can't wait for Bennett to take the reigns (if it all actually happens). That's not a surprise though is it? I did create this thread so I've wanted him to go for a while now.

If McGuire wants to go because of it (IF), then cya later.

As for the deal being done without White, well no shit, if he was threatening to quit over the decision, then the deal will go through other avenues if there's a majority decision which there has been.

The fact that Lockyer is part of the board and is likely a key factor in convincing the board, our best ever player who also happened to play under both coaches, makes me back the decision 100%.

from some of the media reports (and i know they can't all be beleived) this started over even the boards head, when Bennett reportedly contacted Lachlan Murdoch

How dare Bennett sign De Vere for the Broncos when he was at the Dragons building a premiership squad.

it must be weird to lose your job after such a good fightback win on saturday.

Brent Read @brentread_7 2m
My understanding is Anthony Griffin will see out season. Ultimately, his win-loss percentage over past 2 years has cost him his job

looks like he will see out the year. i think thats respectable.

Not happy
Broncos should be moving forward from Bennett. Funny if Bennett still has an axe to grind and says no

They also appeared to have no succession plan to Locky going

"What do we want?" Griffin Sacked! "When do we want it?" Never, unless its done nicely. You guys are more indecisive than my ex girlfriend.

Haha I love this so much

My understanding is Anthony Griffin will see out season. Ultimately, his win-loss percentage over past 2 years has cost him his job

Would be very happy if this is the case

Not happy
Broncos should be moving forward from Bennett. Funny if Bennett still has an axe to grind and says no

They also appeared to have no succession plan to Locky going

And who's fault was that?

Yeah, lets keep moving away from Bennett.

Under Bennett - 6 premierships, most successful club in the modern game

Post Bennett - Missed the 8 twice, salary cap scandal, had players reject us for the first time really, played a winger at five eight for 18 rounds (I could go on)

Yes, lets keep running away from Bennett, we haven't won a wooden spoon yet so better achieve that first, then we can really show those bastards we have moved on

so, who do we believe Chris Garry (who tweeted that Griffin was unlikely to see out the year) or Brent Read.

I hope Read is right, i have zero desire to see Kearney as head coach for the remainder of the year (surely we can all agree on that).

I have no problem with Griffin losing his job, my concern is who is getting it

Post Bennett - Missed the 8 twice, salary cap scandal, had players reject us for the first time really, played a winger at five eight for 18 rounds (I could go on)

Yes, lets keep running away from Bennett, we haven't won a wooden spoon yet so better achieve that first, then we can really show those bastards we have moved on

well Bennett is in serious contention to add one to his record .... the only thing that may help him avoid it is Ricky Stuart and the Sharks

I get the idea of moving on from Bennett but while he's still hungry to coach and has a massive rebuilding job on his hands at the club that he basically built into the powerhouse they are(were), I don't see the problem with having him as head coach and actually forming a succession plan this time.

He does not want to be at the Broncos he wants to be with his wife. I do not feel we need to give him a job

He does not want to be at the Broncos he wants to be with his wife. I do not feel we need to give him a job

How do you know this? talked to him have you?

There's a club down the road that would allow him to live with his wife that I am sure are also looking for a new head coach, if he doesn't want to be at the broncos why doesn't he go there?

Yeah I'm fine with us letting Griffin finish out the season, at least give him a chance to get us into the finals and increase his chances of getting a job somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • mrtij
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • Tmac
  • Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • Browny
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
  • whykickamoocow
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Galah
  • broncotville
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.