Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Garry@chrisgarry1 2m
Hearing Anthony Griffin will not see out the season.

as much as I think he's not the guy to coach the broncos longterm, I do hope Griffin sees it through to the end of the season. He comes across as a pretty proud and quietly determined bloke and it would be fitting if he saw his tenure through to the end and continued to do his best.

it would probably also boost his chances of getting another NRL coaching gig too if he stuck it out. I think prospective clubs would admire the fact he didn't abaondon ship.

while i've wanted griffin gone many a time, for him to come this far in the season i dont think it would be right to not let him see it out. we are sixth right now. give him the chance to see it out.

Yeah I agree with this. I love moose and hope he stays of course, but the last thing we need is this kind of grand standing from players.

Ps I don't actually believe Moose said this, but if he did then he's out the door.

We don't want to end up like some clubs where the players run the place and every time a coach pushes them in order to get results, the coach gets the sack.

I think the 'we love Griffin' is the opposite, players like him because he doesn't push them.

while i've wanted griffin gone many a time, for him to come this far in the season i dont think it would be right to not let him see it out. we are sixth right now. give him the chance to see it out.

I interpreted this as Griffin pulling the pin and walking out on hearing that he wouldn't be coach next year ... surely the broncos wouldn't force him out now?!

and that would be unfortunate ... because White has done a good job as CEO.

He has done some great things. But if (and I say if because everything is just speculation currently) he is going to act like a toddler and kick and scream because his mate got fired, then god riddance. This is business, the adults are talking

how about a better world than that ....

Bennett as coaching director and the Walker brothers as head coaches

The way I see it, we are getting a second chance at a succession plan after Bennett. Maybe the Walker Brothers will serve an apprenticeship under him?

I hope to god he doesn't bring Mason !

We want big hard running forwards. Mason seems like a nice enough guy these days. I'd take him. I'd prefer Mose Masoe though.

Hahah good one!

oh.. ur serious....

Bennett did the same thing while he was at the broncos. He LOVES signing the old fellas. Devere and Thorn spring to mind

I'd still take Thorn back now.

giphy.gif

FWIW, I'm happy Griffin has been given the boot and can't wait for Bennett to take the reigns (if it all actually happens). That's not a surprise though is it? I did create this thread so I've wanted him to go for a while now.

If McGuire wants to go because of it (IF), then cya later.

As for the deal being done without White, well no shit, if he was threatening to quit over the decision, then the deal will go through other avenues if there's a majority decision which there has been.

The fact that Lockyer is part of the board and is likely a key factor in convincing the board, our best ever player who also happened to play under both coaches, makes me back the decision 100%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • whykickamoocow
  • Tim K
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Galah
  • broncotville
  • mrtij
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Stix
  • broncoscope
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.