Salary Cap

I think an Ipswich team has to happen eventually but for me, it doesn't come down to whether another Qld team would work or not, this is the NATIONAL rugby league, there NEEDS to be teams in Adelaide and Perth or it is stupid to call it the NRL.

They wouldn't gift the GC to AFL. Even if they can't identify their own failings and see why AFL has more luck basically with absolutely every single decision they make.

The NRL needs to do more than just lower the amount of teams in Sydney.

A lot of people are struggling to make ends meet living in Sydney, and to add the price of tickets on top of that, it puts a lot of people off and a lot of people can't afford to go.

We get the biggest crowds in Sydney, during the regular season, on public holidays. Days like Anzac Day, Good Friday, Easter etc.. We always get good crowds to those games, and a lot of it has to do with the amount of ticket deals for those games. A lot of cheapies are sold for those games, especially for finals games.

I also believe public transport is not free in NSW, which just adds even more money onto the cost.. Have you seen how much it is for an adult ticket these days?

Then you have stuff like food etc. All of that shit adds up.

If they want more people to go to games, make it more affordable. And stop making Sydney teams play out of ANZ. It just gives the game a very bad look when the stadium is empty.

The NRL needs to do more than just lower the amount of teams in Sydney.

A lot of people are struggling to make ends meet living in Sydney, and to add the price of tickets on top of that, it puts a lot of people off and a lot of people can't afford to go.

We get the biggest crowds in Sydney, during the regular season, on public holidays. Days like Anzac Day, Good Friday, Easter etc.. We always get good crowds to those games, and a lot of it has to do with the amount of ticket deals for those games. A lot of cheapies are sold for those games, especially for finals games.

I also believe public transport is not free in NSW, which just adds even more money onto the cost.. Have you seen how much it is for an adult ticket these days?

Then you have stuff like food etc. All of that shit adds up.

If they want more people to go to games, make it more affordable. And stop making Sydney teams play out of ANZ. It just gives the game a very bad look when the stadium is empty.

Aye? Their ticket prices are cheap as hell. $30.00 for an adult ticket in the best available for a Roosters home game. They also provide free trains for football ticket holders.

1. Brisbane
2. CQ Bid
3. NQ
4. GC/ Northern Nsw Coast (or something)
5. Newy
6. Manly
7. Dogs?
8. Easts
9. Souths
10. Parra
11. Penrith
12. St Merge
13. Canberra
14. Melbourne
15. Perth
16. Warriors

Covers pretty much all the areas no? CQ is one that may not work though

I really hope Perth get admitted in sooner than later. They have juniors, the time difference works for TV and even though it is an AFL city there are plenty of people there who watch Rugby League. They also have their own Rugby specific ground in Perth. The Western Reds would've been good if it wasn't for Sewer League. I was in Perth last year and they told me that rubbish is what destroyed it, they had to fight of a public backlash etc when it broke out.

Aye? Their ticket prices are cheap as hell. $30.00 for an adult ticket in the best available for a Roosters home game. They also provide free trains for football ticket holders.

For the shit seats. And I believe that's if you buy them early.

If you want the good seats, you're paying a lot more.. And then they slap a $7.00 charge on top of that. In what I believe is the most expensive place to live in Australia.

Look at any game at SFS and ANZ.. Which areas are vacant the most?

For the shit seats. And I believe that's if you buy them early.

If you want the good seats, you're paying a lot more.. And then they slap a $7.00 charge on top of that. In what I believe is the most expensive place to live in Australia.

Look at any game at SFS and ANZ.. Which areas are vacant the most?

I just checked. It's for the best seats. The shit seats are $23. The $7 is the ticketek charge no?

Edit. Changed based on stadium. Highest price you can pay is $60 for the roosters. That's not over the top for gold admission.

Last edited:
I think an Ipswich team has to happen eventually but for me, it doesn't come down to whether another Qld team would work or not, this is the NATIONAL rugby league, there NEEDS to be teams in Adelaide and Perth or it is stupid to call it the NRL.
Adelaide's main RL comp has five teams in it and regularly has scorelines such as 78-6. It would not work out. Perth, on the other hand has a stronger RL following and is a rapidly growing city. But a franchise there would never run at a profit, a bit like Melbourne.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.