Sam Thaiday calls time

The grandpa slippers are decidedly stylish Sammy, I'm sure us mere mortals don't understand how much your calming influence on our young forwards really means to them. But the Broncos have always been a better outfit for having you there dude. Now frikkin sort your ball security out if you're still gung ho to take the first hit up against the tits will ya!

I actually think he's been pretty decent form wise this year, certainly not a liability IMO. It's good that he has played his whole career here, and I will certainly be sad when he plays his last game.
Agreed. He didn't start the year very well, but has certainly been handy of late in our hour of need with so many injuries in the forward pack.

I have laughed at some of the comments on facebook about how he's useless and only plays for 20 mins a game anyway. Do people actually think he determines how long he's on the field for?

I have laughed at some of the comments on facebook about how he's useless and only plays for 20 mins a game anyway. Do people actually think he determines how long he's on the field for?

You're looking at it from a point of view that he could last more than 20 minutes a game in the twilight of his career.

Should never have been named captain, but from a professional level he deserved every representative jersey he received, great player.

Felt he used his bronco profile to further his post football career though.

Last edited:
You're looking at it from a point of view that he could last more than 20 minutes a game in the twilight of his career.

No doubt, but I'd be surprised if he couldn't. Still, stupid comments on facebook and he certainly deserves more respect from the fan base than he's been shown. Bronxnation though......so perhaps I'm expecting too much

This is clearly just a marketing stunt, which will lead in to promoting his post-football Cooking show, "Thaiday Calls Thyme".

It's frightening how similar our minds work sometimes.

don't*

:emoji_blush:

giphy.gif

Should never have been named captain, but from a professional level he deserved every representative jersey he received, great player.

Felt he used his bronco profile to further his post football career though.

Any Bronco with a shred of common sense should be doing this.

Any Bronco with a shred of common sense should be doing this.

Certainly entitled to earn, listening to him him on NOVA gave me the shits though, found myself sub consciously saying ‘get the **** back in line’ than laughing at his jokes.

There’s no doubt been plenty of sage advice cumin from Sam to the young brigade in his final year.

After all, he’s no dill and I doubt he’s ever been one to mints his words.

He loves to stir the pot and then wind up the youngsters

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scorchie
  • Sproj
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • barker
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.