Sam Thaiday calls time

No need to get curried away.

I wonder how long he's been stewing on this? obviously had some sage advice.

Quitting after Saturday nights roasting.

His body isn't in mint condition.

Slow night on the rum

Last edited:
Certainly entitled to earn, listening to him him on NOVA gave me the shits though, found myself sub consciously saying ‘get the **** back in line’ than laughing at his jokes.

No...I don't like his sense or humour.......and pray he isn't in line with every the **** to get a gig in the media after he finishes his football.

p.s
the self depreciating is just a mask.

Last edited:
About 2 years too late, but I'm relieved that he's actually called it publicly now. We can hang shit on him for his obvious desire for a media profile and the fact he has been overweight for what feels like forever, but his career speaks for itself. He joins the list of potential greatest Bronco 2nd rowers and that is not an easy list to join.

Whatever...
Still gets the biggest cheer when the team is announced at Lang Park.
‘Thank God it’s Thaiday Night’

Whatever...
Still gets the biggest cheer when the team is announced at Lang Park.
‘Thank God it’s Thaiday Night’

Speaks volumes about our live fan base, because it’s certainly not an appreciative cheer. They still think he’s Thaiday from 3+ seasons ago. Or they just don’t know any who any other player is

Speaks volumes about our live fan base, because it’s certainly not an appreciative cheer. They still think he’s Thaiday from 3+ seasons ago. Or they just don’t know any who any other player is
Mind reading at its best. ‘not an appreciative cheer’...’they still think’... ‘or they just don’t know’.
Maybe you should go to a game now and then and get some appreciation for our live fan base. We could be a little bit smarter than you give us credit for.

Mind reading at its best. ‘not an appreciative cheer’...’they still think’... ‘or they just don’t know’.
Maybe you should go to a game now and then and get some appreciation for our live fan base. We could be a little bit smarter than you give us credit for.

I’ve been a ticketed member for 5 years. Probably missed a few more games than I should have recently, but I’ve been there enough to make a (granted, generalised) call.

Last edited:
I’ve been a ticketed member for 5 years. Probably missed a few more games than I should have recently, but I’ve been there enough to make a (granted, generalised) call.
My point is he is a personality and adds to the atmosphere. An atmosphere I particularly enjoy.
I agree however his ‘go forward skilfully at all cost’ seemed to evaporate with the signing of his current contract. IMO.

Very nice gesture from the Warriors. Well deserved to a long servant of the game, the Broncos, Queensland and Australia!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/3f70759119c2f41c6344bc12c14e27c6

Great article and some fantastic comments by Green!

I wish someone who worked at the NRL would speak in the same terms of the history of Rugby League.

Instead they piss it away in search of the highest dollar. They've only recently realised that a Hall of Fame might be kinda sorta a big deal for long serving fans of the game.

Baby steps I suppose.

Legend. Great player when I lived in Surfers in 04 and the Broncos were my 2nd favourite team.....Gordy was on his last year, Hunt was a 17 year old fullback, Brent Tate was just coming back from his neck injury and Thaiday was just starting out the beginning of a truely stellar career. Congrats.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • MrMoore
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Mister Wright
  • bert_lifts
  • RolledOates
  • winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • The True King
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.