Sam Thaiday

I didnt think Sam was great last night, but at least he put some effort in.

Thing is for me, his best form was always playing where Gillett is now. Thats where he made his name. I dont think he is a prop. I hope we just start playing players in their real positions again. Play Glenn, Thaiday in the back row, not center and prop. Round pegs in round holes and all that. If they arent good enough to keep their places, so be it. Its called competition, I would be more than happy seeing Thiaday and Gillett battle it out for a starting spot. And for the record, i dont think either have been great recently. Gillett has been just as poor as Sam in recent weeks.

Last edited:
I didnt think Sam was great last night, but at least he put some effort in.

Thing is for me, his best form was always playing where Gillett is now. Thats where he made his name. I dont think he is a prop. I hope we just start playing players in their real positions again. Play Glenn, Thaiday in the back row, not center and prop. Round pegs in round holes and all that. If they arent good enough to keep their places, so be it. Its called competition, I would be more than happy seeing Thiaday and Gillett battle it out for a starting spot. And for the record, i dont think either have been great recently. Gillett has been just as poor as Sam in recent weeks.

in fact so poor he hasn't even made a tackle or taken a hitup since the last origin game 2 weeks ago ... Gillett to ISC :tongue:

I haven't been laying into Sam this week, because I do agree he wasn't as bad as the others. But seriously, that was arguably one of his best games this season, and it wasn't particularly "special" either. I think we all can accept he's there mostly for his personality, and hopefully trying to keep the group gelled together.

Darius Boyd is on $400k , Ben Hunt is on $400k, Anthony Milford is on $450k, Sam Thaiday is on $400k. How much they deserve to earn?

Last edited:
Yeah that tackle didn't even deserve a penalty let alone a week off. I'm tired of it all.

The thing is yes Thaiday was solid but that's all he ever is, solid. For a rep star he hasn't won us a game, made a big play to break a game open or even got man of the match in ages.

The thing is yes Thaiday was solid but that's all he ever is, solid. For a rep star he hasn't won us a game, made a big play to break a game open or even got man of the match in ages.
But, but he stood up to JWH last year ...

Sam, for quite a few years now has played his best for Queensland. Bennet saw this and challenged Sam by dropping him to the bench. Unfortunately for Sam he didn't perform so well for Queensland even this year. The game has gone past him and Wayne will again be the bad guy in having to tell a Broncos legend that it is time to move on.

in fact so poor he hasn't even made a tackle or taken a hitup since the last origin game 2 weeks ago ... Gillett to ISC :tongue:

Ha Ha!

Ok, the recent week before his injury!

I think it was pointed out in the Bulldogs game iirc where he just gave up in defence. I think he has been poor after his great start to the season. Tbf, it isnt like him, and defensively, we arent ourselves either.

Surely you guys know by now that Rabbir just posts to get reactions?

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Organix
  • Jedhead
  • Lazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • bert_lifts
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.