Sam Thaiday

I'm not even mad. My only point in this thread was that it made me feel extremely uncomfortable to watch a 30 year olds misguided attempts at looking cool.

Also that the footy show is a train wreck.

I'm not even mad. My only point in this thread was that it made me feel extremely uncomfortable to watch a 30 year olds misguided attempts at looking cool.

Then you know... Just like... Don't watch it man.
It's been going for 21 years, which is a long time in TV land, so clearly it's got something going for it.

He wasn't trying to look cool, they're basically comedy segments, they're meant to be laughable because they're bad. I concur, it was shit, but so were all those parody things, hence I just skip right through them.

Quite possibly the most embarrassing and cringe worthy sports personality ever. Has ridden the curtails of Blocker and Hadley to get gigs.
No mate, cannot agree that he is the most embarrassing. He may have used his friendship with Hadley to further his career but Roach has had no influence and cannot keep a job himself ! Roach is a virtual nobody in the media world when contrasted with people like Hadley, a personality I dislike but he is a survivor. If anybody has ridden coat tails it is Roach. Big Darryl can make you want to pull a pillow over your head but he is a pretty genuine character.

Then don't fucking watch it

Thaiday needs to give it away. Take up a cooking apprenticeship and do the odd footy show appearance. He just doesn't cut it anymore for the Broncos.

I said it after the Storm game - honestly wouldn't notice if he was dropped. He offers nothing that a million other guys can't.

Contract up for renewal, plays like he gives a shit. Re-signs, goes back to stupid jokes and playing like a lazy fraud.

I thought he started the game pretty well. Was making some solid tackles and hitting hard. Made some better hit ups rather then dropping straight to the ground. Then I noticed him get hassed somewhere around the 30 minute mark where he started making errors and getting lazy. I'm not sure if there was some kind of injury preventing him from getting off the ground and running back to defend when Mansour grubbered it into our in goal for a reprat set, but that was absolutely infuriating to watch seeing him just lay there in back play. It was kind of like the whole teams performance tonight really.

In short I think his time management isn't being utilised right at the moment. He is being asked to play too many minutes because of injuries to our forwards. I think he gets lazy to try make himself last the longer minutes. Hopefully Glenn and Gillo are back next week. I think Thaiday will be more effective with a high workrate in shorter bursts.

Probably has a frame of the back page of a newspaper from Round 6 last year and uses it as justification for plodding around until he retires.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.