Sam Thaiday

I made the mistake of flicking to the footy show last night.....during Bromans rendition of something. Now that's cringe worthy.

I made the mistake of flicking to the footy show last night.....during Bromans rendition of something. Now that's cringe worthy.

Quite possibly the most embarrassing and cringe worthy sports personality ever. Has ridden the curtails of Blocker and Hadley to get gigs.

Haha settle down. I couldn't care less about the captain argument, or that he's a bronco. His total lack of musical rhythm and self-perception don't impact on his playing ability.

I'd be callin him a retard no matter what he did for a living.

Haha settle down. I couldn't care less about the captain argument, or that he's a bronco. His total lack of musical rhythm and self-perception don't impact on his playing ability.

oh right, well that's clearly much better.. Thanks for clearing that up

I can't believe anybody actually watches The Footy Show :bilmem:

Everyone hate away haha. I watch the footy show every week, it's just some light hearted TV and since I've canned Foxtel (well actually I've kept it for $10p/m as an IQ recorder) it's one of the few "league" shows I get. Well that and the Sunday footy show. It's not a great show or anything but my Thursday nights are generally boring so it gives me something to watch.

Last edited:

I remember reading in the Bronco magazine a while back that music is his favourite pastime. Most likely that isn't his genre and he enjoys music that chills you out.

I remember reading in the Bronco magazine a while back that music is his favourite pastime. Most likely that isn't his genre and he enjoys music that chills you out.
Yeah he's been on the Footy Show before playing guitar and singing something way more chilled

This isn't the first time he's rapped on the footy show. Obviously I'm being overly harsh. It's still horrendously cringe though.

TBH the only good football show on TV at the moment is NRL 360, Matty Johns show is good for a laugh, Sterlo is boring, Footy Show is cringe, Sunday Footy Show isn't that bad, don't usually watch it though.

I'm with pwn.

The Footy Show is nothing but a light hearted show to watch in the background that usually has the odd segment you can tune into and the odd joke that kind of works in the context of the show. Does it need an upgrade and changes? Hell yeah - but when I'm usually going through paper-work or assessment the Footy Show always keeps things pretty chill for me.

I like the player probes they do - I reckon some of the Broncos like Reed, Hoffy, Thaiday and McGuire come off as pretty funny characters.

Player probe is one of my favourite segments. Also love the multi network TV or whatever it's called, "Hey it's SBW shut your mouths on the panel", that's always good for a laugh.

I don't generally watch TV for anything but footy, and as far as 9.30PM shows go it's a good time waster.

It helps that I have Foxtel IQ, because I just skip all the ads and boring segments, which normally means I end up skipping about a third of the show. I skipped all the song parody rubbish yesterday.

Last edited:
This isn't the first time he's rapped on the footy show. Obviously I'm being overly harsh. It's still horrendously cringe though.

Mate don't apoligise....that was absolute crap and you said what needed saying.

The show is complete shit and I haven't watched it regularly since about '98.

As for Sam and Wal.... it's national TV for **** sakes, not karaoke at the local RSL. Get a grip !!

I really don't understand why if people don't like something they just don't watch it. It seems people these days watch things they don't like just so they can whinge about it... Bizarre

I really don't understand why if people don't like something they just don't watch it. It seems people these days watch things they don't like just so they can whinge about it... Bizarre

Bizarre indeed.

FTR I didn't watch it. The whole show has the professionalism and humor of a year 9 media class.

I did however, watch the video of Sam Thaidays out of synch, poor impression of an early 90s snoop dogg covering Coolios Gangstas paradice.

If I saw a bloke do this at a random karaoke joint, I'd be watching it through my fingers, gasping like I just witnessed a car wreck.

The cringe is multiplied due to the time he rapped over Benji Marshel playing acoustic guitar. Were he stole the lyrics from a snoop dogg song and made them vaguely football related. He took himself very seriously during this performance and it made my butthole clench.

Big Sammy on da fawty sho'.

I can't help but be embarrassed for him, and only a show completely run my those dinosaurs would be out if touch enough to encourage his talentless attempts to look like a gangster rapper.

It's a bit of comedy on an entertainment show..

I don't see the problem..

Did they suck? Yes, but the point of it was to entertain the crowd and make people laugh and it did..

Last edited:

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Yellowfella
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.