Sam Thaiday

That hit-up he took off the kick-off after Maranta scored was so good to see.

That reminded me why Thaiday was pretty much my favourite player when he came into first grade back in the day. Those kinds of runs were a regular occurrence.

Couldn't agree more

I wish Sam would do more of those runs, 1 a game isn't quite enough for me.

i don't want him taking hit ups like a frf. i want him to be used as an edge running second rower by the halves. also give him the option to use his ball playing ability. he was intentionally only used as a link man in that game.

Typical Thaiday. 5 runs for 38 metres with two of our starting forwards out.

Why does he think he doesn't have to try for us during the rep season? Happens every year.

Why does he think he doesn't have to try for us during the rep season? Happens every year.

Already been explained several times that those stats are misleading as he did a lot more passing because passing was the right option.

But I agree it's more fun to bury your head in the sand

Already been explained several times that those stats are misleading as he did a lot more passing because passing was the right option.

But I agree it's more fun to bury your head in the sand

Just taking my cues from Broncos management.

Id like to see the ball go to him more after the kick off, his run on the return after the drop out against the Warriors was how Sammy should be used. However that aside as B4L said, stats for Sammy are rarely a correct indication of how he plays due to the fact he knows when to pass and isn't used as a battering ram as often as other forwards. There are two ways to watch a game, one is with the stats alongside you and the other is with your eyes. I suggest doing the second one a little more often as it improves the experience.

Thaiday is fat and lazy. Simple. We should have gone one further than stripping the captaincy.

We've been poor with captain choices since Locky but eh

Thaiday is fat and lazy. Simple. We should have gone one further than stripping the captaincy.
7 hit-ups for 64 mtrs (this is without the runs and pass at the line), and 42 tackles in 57 minutes, is not exactly synonym of laziness.

The captaincy clearly affected him last season, but he's been pretty good this year for us imo. The Sharks raped us through the middle once he was off...

I think Thaiday is fat. I think he's lazy. I don't think he deserves to play for a club like the Broncos.

We've been poor with captain choices since Locky but eh

I think Parker is a good choice. This dual captain shit annoys me though, takes the shine off what is one hell of a promotion.

I think Parker is a good choice. This dual captain shit annoys me though, takes the shine off what is one hell of a promotion.

Yeh Parker on his own is fine, dual as you said takes the shine off and Hodges isn't captain material IMO.

Also Hodges has been the one to run us out on most occasions from what I can remember. When they're both playing anyway.

Sure Thaiday has had a few bad hair days. When he is properly coiffeuered, which he has been a fair bit this season when fit, he inspires this side and is for mine an indispensable member of the team no less than Parker

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • barker
  • rnabokov
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.