Sam Thaiday

I think he means captaincy...

Anyone else see the Wally Lewis interview with Thaiday on the footy show about losing captaincy? Sam was asked some penetrating questions but I think handled it really well and seems to be primed for a huge year. Says he aspires to earn a Dally M medal, hope he kills it this year

I feel bad for him, even though it needed to happen. Not surprised by those rumours saying he just goes to training then leaves and doesnt talk to anyone, it would have been a huge kick in the guts for him. Im sure as time will go by he will get over it and realize he is still a valued member of the team and always will be

Not surprised by those rumours saying he just goes to training then leaves and doesnt talk to anyone, it would have been a huge kick in the guts for him.

FMD.

Just what we don't need, a player acting like a child & not talking to other teammates.

Sam was a shit captain, the writing was on the wall, when we got our first penalty with Thaiday as captain & the ref asked what he was going to do & he said I will ask Macca.

strange timing. wally seemed intent on forcing sam to tell him about how devastated he was. we already understand it was a kick in the guts.

interesting thing for me was the end where they were saying 'the old sam is coming back' and his wife looked a bit excited about it 'its a bit scary but it will be good'.

are they talking about the rampaging, aggressive, edge 2nd rower that was so good 3 or 4 years ago?

cos if so, thank **** he got sacked. why all the focus on how devastated he was then.

ugh.

I took the old Sam thing as though he was a little sad sack and not himself. I hope hes back to his best. The rumour could be bullshit too but its not that hard to believe. Parker should always have been made captain in the first place

Only because fans will buy into anything at this stage to explain why the Broncos finished 12th and got flogged in their two trials.

Nothing out there to suggest he just leaves and doesn't bother talking to anyone, that's just hogwash.

I saw Thaiday joking around on camera in a video on the Broncos website. Why did he do it if he was acting like what the rumour suggested?

I think Sammy had a really good game tonight. The weight of the captaincy lifted from his shoulders has been a revelation.

That's odd. I thought the complete opposite. Runs at the line and just stops with no impact, runs sideways, gets in the way many times in attack because he's too fucking lazy to get back into the line.

Based on last nights performance, for mine, I'd drop him to the bench.

That's odd. I thought the complete opposite. Runs at the line and just stops with no impact, runs sideways, gets in the way many times in attack because he's too fucking lazy to get back into the line.

Based on last nights performance, for mine, I'd drop him to the bench.

We were obviously watching a different game

I thought Sammy put in a decent effort. Room for improvement though. Happy for him to be in the starting 13 (offers more than Gillett or Glenn on his day).

Thaiday went OK, he only made about 6 or 7 runs though.

That hit-up he took off the kick-off after Maranta scored was so good to see.

That reminded me why Thaiday was pretty much my favourite player when he came into first grade back in the day. Those kinds of runs were a regular occurrence.

That hit-up he took off the kick-off after Maranta scored was so good to see.

That reminded me why Thaiday was pretty much my favourite player when he came into first grade back in the day. Those kinds of runs were a regular occurrence.

my exact thoughts.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • pennywisealfie
  • Morkel
  • bert_lifts
  • Cavalo
  • Dexter
  • Dreaglor
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jason Simmons
  • mrslong
  • Dash
  • Robboi_321
  • BruiserMk1
  • Fitzy
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.