Sam Tomkins

Nothing? He's had two try assists and a try in his first two games...
Oh I'm sorry... That obviously means he has been playing the house down and is worth even more money than they're paying him! :laugh:

You seem to only care about flashy stuff and forget Rugby League is first and foremost about the consistent tough and gritty stuff, then comes the rest. Tomkins, Sandow, Johnson, etc... all flashy players that can do spectacular stuff, but are the weak link of their teams for most of the time.

Have you even seen a Warriors game? Wait until he comes accross an actually good kick and chase team... He will get raped!

Yep, I watched both Warriors games and thought he was good. Has Barba been so much better? He gets rag dolled a fair bit too, he takes time to adjust, fairly normal.

Oh I'm sorry... That obviously means he has been playing the house down and is worth even more money than they're paying him! :laugh:

You seem to only care about flashy stuff and forget Rugby League is first and foremost about the consistent tough and gritty stuff, then comes the rest. Tomkins, Sandow, Johnson, etc... all flashy players that can do spectacular stuff, but are the weak link of their teams for most of the time.

Have you even seen a Warriors game? Wait until he comes accross an actually good kick and chase team... He will get raped!

Aren't you a fan of Gillett though, the flashy dancing queen?

Yep, I watched both Warriors games and thought he was good. Has Barba been so much better? He gets rag dolled a fair bit too, he takes time to adjust, fairly normal.
He was good? I rest my case... you really only look at the flashy stuff.

Are you seriously comparing the two? Barba shits all over Tomkins in defense, returns the ball much better, is at least as good in attack and isn't even on half Sam's salary.

Aren't you a fan of Gillett though, the flashy dancing queen?
I am, what are you implying... Gillett doesn't do the gritty tough stuff, or is he the team's weak link?

I rest my case too. I'm not going to argue in circles. Let's see how he pans out as the season goes on.

Looks it clear [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION] has his agendas so let's all forget about his opinion on Tomkins. Ok cheers

I thought this was about Tomkins, not about the opinion's authors.

Glass houses Beads, glass houses...

surely he can't be getting 750k. that seems like an outrageous figure based on speculation

but from the little bit I've seen Tomkins looks like a good player. Even in the World Cup he looked like he had some pretty slick hands. I guess he is small and he'll always struggle with that but then again people said the same thing about Slater and Barba.

Good player, has a great skill set and adept at reading the play. Good for the Warriors to have an extra playmaker at the back. Locke, like Hoffman offered a good running game but little else.

I'd expect him to improve as the season progresses. That said, I don't think he is worth the big dollars they ponied up for him.

surely he can't be getting 750k. that seems like an outrageous figure based on speculation

but from the little bit I've seen Tomkins looks like a good player. Even in the World Cup he looked like he had some pretty slick hands. I guess he is small and he'll always struggle with that but then again people said the same thing about Slater and Barba.

That amount has been pretty widely confirmed. Speculation was it was much higher but they confirmed it was that amount

That amount has been pretty widely confirmed. Speculation was it was much higher but they confirmed it was that amount

yikers, do you have a link to an article I could read? Fair to say that sum has me stumped!

yikers, do you have a link to an article I could read? Fair to say that sum has me stumped!

m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sam-tomkins-is-worth-every-cent-says-warriors-owner-eric-watson-20140218-32ww9.html

Last edited:
Ridiculous amount for someone that has only proven himself in the 3rd best comp in the world..

I love QLD Cup too much to say poms have a better comp...

Last edited:
Bump

Interesting afternoon in the office for the English Warrior. Started poorly making some bad decisions at the back and coming up with a few errors which should be beneath him but put it behind him and played a key part in the Warriors victory against the in-form Tigers.

Definitely a player that's worth keeping an eye on. I sense it's going to be a very up and down season and we'll hear all about it...in this thread.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • john1420
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • heartly87
  • Smokin' Joe
  • broncsgoat
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • Reds2011
  • K-Style
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Gaz
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.