Sea Eagles v Storm *spoilers*

Listened to ABC radio after the game. (Missed it on tele as I was working)
Anyhow the guys on the panel were counting games won in a row this year by both teams and taking out the Storm games that were around Origin time and in their words they would have won then they would have won 14 games straight.
Nice thing to hear was they thought the only other contenders really were the Broncs with a very strong chance of making it into the GF with Storm. icon_thumbs_u if people get out of bed and go to training we have a big chance.

mick! said:
I dunno if it's just me, but that game was FANTASTIC. It was played at really high speed, had heaps of great defence and big hits as well as some good attacking raids. Betcha there's 34 guys who are buggered and in plenty of pain this morning - but they put on a damn good show. Both teams still above the other contenders at the moment... it's a two-horse race with three others who could sneak in IMO.

Rugby League needed that game last night. It was a match the NRL would show to sell itself. Great game.

Fantastic game. Melbroune's defense was impregnable, they are such a well drilled team.

Manly needs a halfback. Matt Orford is the most over-rated player going around. He has small man syndrome.

Re: Sea Eagles v Storm VIEWER CONFUSION

Hey folks, did anyone else have trouble telling which team was which last night? It was enough to ruin the telecast for me (and I know I wasn't the only one). I realise one team (Storm) had dark shorts and the other (Manly) had white shorts, but overall the team colours were so similar, I had to do a double-take every time a try was scored or possession changed. It must have been a nightmare for the TV commentators. With teams having a variety of colours in their arsenal, why-oh-why couldn't these have been more distinct, e.g. Storm in all dark? Surely there is some liaising between team hierachy when these decisions are made? You may consider it a minor issue but I (and other viewers in my lounge last night) found it disconcerting.

Didn't have a problem, one team in White tops and the other in red. And it's not like I have 2020 vision either.

Re: Sea Eagles v Storm VIEWER CONFUSION

o
Turtle Girl said:
Hey folks, did anyone else have trouble telling which team was which last night? It was enough to ruin the telecast for me (and I know I wasn't the only one). I realise one team (Storm) had dark shorts and the other (Manly) had white shorts, but overall the team colours were so similar, I had to do a double-take every time a try was scored or possession changed. It must have been a nightmare for the TV commentators. With teams having a variety of colours in their arsenal, why-oh-why couldn't these have been more distinct, e.g. Storm in all dark? Surely there is some liaising between team hierachy when these decisions are made? You may consider it a minor issue but I (and other viewers in my lounge last night) found it disconcerting.

The colour schemes were a joke. [icon_thumbs_do Moroon and white against purple adn white :roll: I fo.und the game frustrating to watch as I was in a state of confusion most of the time. It was such a relief to see Black against White in the Broncos game tonight

Glad I wasn't the only TV viewer who had trouble. I haven't heard back from my Manly mate who was at the match at Brookie....hmm, perhaps he's still trying to figure out who won?

I didn't have a problem with the colours.

One was team was in purple the other maroon.

Je$ter said:
Fantastic game. Melbroune's defense was impregnable, they are such a well drilled team.

Manly needs a halfback. Matt Orford is the most over-rated player going around. He has small man syndrome.

Agreed - and Manly aren't too bad in this department either.

Pity we're not. Wonder why?

Ive gotta say after fri nights game, Billy Slater is in outstanding form and should go close to player of the year IMO. That try he set up in the first half was brilliant, and his try saver on bell.... far out. Hunt should watch a few tapes of Slater and learn how to tackle one on one... and also how to to attack....

QUEENSLANDER said:
Ive gotta say after fri nights game, Billy Slater is in outstanding form and should go close to player of the year IMO. That try he set up in the first half was brilliant, and his try saver on bell.... far out. Hunt should watch a few tapes of Slater and learn how to tackle one on one... and also how to to attack....

I think Jester's post above is really telling - having a well-drilled team that plays consistently with passion according to their game plan.

As for Hunt's attack - it's for me again a question of consistency, When he comes into the line and works with Locky and/or Wallace, and even maybe Ennis, we can be deadly in attack.

He just doesn't seem to do it enough.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Wolfie
  • Griffo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.