Season 2016 is around the corner...It's time to heal

JT wouldn't deserve that.

I would like to beat the Cows in the most painful way possible, but not that way.

Probably too much by me, just the heartbreak in me found the keyboard. haha

I won't watch anything from the gf until we win a gf...I still haven't seen a replay and I didn't see it live...unfortunately I saw two seconds of it on a foxsports promo...and I nearly vomited .....it still sits on my Foxtel iq, recorded but not watched.

Thursday can't come quick enough.

I would like a 100 metre try on the buzzer with hunt going inside to milf who breaks away then goes to roberts in support, then a field goal in extra time by milford to announce himself the next great broncos number 6. A man can dream

I won't ever get my hopes up again and I feel like winning reg season games doesn't mean as much anymore because we're going to eventually lose in the last second.at the last hurdle. The GF broke my spirit.

Like in a way I'm looking forward to seeing the Broncos play again, but I'm not excited like I used to be.

I won't ever get my hopes up again and I feel like winning reg season games doesn't mean as much anymore because we're going to eventually lose in the last second.at the last hurdle. The GF broke my spirit.

Like in a way I'm looking forward to seeing the Broncos play again, but I'm not excited like I used to be.

I know them feels.

Please leave this be, staff is handling it, thank you!

Anyway, back to healing. A 40-point margin should do the trick :takdir:

Giddy up!!

If anyone wants to see how far we have come they are playing our Rnd 5 2014 game against the eels on Fox ATM... Dark days.

I have no idea where to post this so just chucking it here. Broncos play Cowboys on Good Friday at home. Does anybody know what the story is with being able to get a drink at Caxton Street prior to the game? I used to work in hospitality and we'd have to close at 12am on Good Friday eve. I googled Qld liquor licencing and it says that alcohol can be served with a meal but doesn't really answer my question.

I don't think anybody took the time to really dwell on it, but what I found interesting was the eerie sense of deja vu. Earlier that year the Broncos played the Cowboys in Townsville and did an awesome job of keeping the Cowboys out. They threw everything at the Broncos that night and received every single lucky bounce including one to Ethan Lowe of all players who forced a goal-line drop out. The Broncos defended their line, did well but they just had nothing left in the tank and since they were stuck in that same passage, the Cowboys eventually broke through and were able to rub insult to injury later on.

Fast forward to the grand final and it was more of the same with the Cowboys deep on the attack for the majority but unable to get the job done. I honestly don't know what the fans expected from the Broncos. The only thing that could have improved their situation was their kicking game, but we all knew going in that it was going to be a weakness for them. Otherwise there was very little they could do given they were constantly defending their line and having to work the ball out from their own end. For mine, it was just the perfect storm. The referees gave the Broncos two early penalties in that second half and seemingly called it a day. That's despite Tamou clearly stripping the ball on a 3-1 tackle, JT tackling Gillett without the football close to the line and Coote's cheap shot on Boyd. If either of those penalties are blown, it changes the complexion of the game. Unfortunately the referees knew this and since they wanted to make themselves as scarce as possible it was deemed play on, forcing the Broncos to basically survive for the rest of the half.

The only opportunities I can remember the Broncos having, one resulted in a loose pass from Boyd to Oates who knocked it on. The other was a terrible kick by Hunt which resulted in a seven tackle set.

While there were similarities with the Townsville Cowboys clash, there were also similarities with the Suncorp final the teams played a few weeks earlier - namely the fact the Broncos lead both matches 16-12 as the siren sounded! Granted the Broncos were never in control of the GF to the same extent as the Suncorp final but they still put in a valiant effort and when Milford made that break in the final minute the match should've been sealed.

I agree with the gripes about the Broncos closing up shop too early when one more try would've sealed it for them but their execution of their (questionable) strategy was solid right up until the last second. I remember Mccullough putting in some good touch finders in the final minutes and the Cowboys having to work the ball off their own line (though Hunt's spear tackle changed the momentum). With the benefit of hindsight they did play too conservatively in the 2nd half but they still should've won! It really was a freakish outcome.

Anyhow I am looking forward to cheering on the lads from Parra stadium tomorrow night. Nothing will erase the anguish of the GF but lets hope it's the making of a new Broncos dynasty!

Welcome aboard deep impressions, cracking opening post.

I'm glad somebody brought up that Qualifying Final because I don't think a lot changed from that night. Brisbane took the exact same approach, the difference was the quality of the Cowboys play and them being prepared for Kodi Nikorima.

Let's not forget that in the Qualifying Final the Broncos opted for a penalty goal in the 59th minute to make it a 10-6 ball-game. It wasn't like they were throwing around like crazy, they played responsible footy and backed their talent to break the game open. Unfortunately in the grand final, they didn't receive the same opportunities.

when Milford made that break in the final minute the match should've been sealed.

Yes, but it wasn't as if the Broncos had any say about that. It was just fantastic play from Feldt who had the best five minutes of his entire career, dislodging the ball not once but twice, scoring the winning try and putting up that kick off which anyone would have spilled.

Welcome aboard deep impressions, cracking opening post.

I'm glad somebody brought up that Qualifying Final because I don't think a lot changed from that night. Brisbane took the exact same approach, the difference was the quality of the Cowboys play and them being prepared for Kodi Nikorima.

Let's not forget that in the Qualifying Final the Broncos opted for a penalty goal in the 59th minute to make it a 10-6 ball-game. It wasn't like they were throwing around like crazy, they played responsible footy and backed their talent to break the game open. Unfortunately in the grand final, they didn't receive the same opportunities.

Thanks Big Pete! I figured the start of the season was a good time to enter the fray. Discussing the grand final with similarly devastated like minds is the best therapy for the heartbreak.

While the GF defeat somehow surpassed the Melbourne 08 final loss in terms of devastation (I didn't think the pain of that could ever be topped), i've got to say the atmosphere live at the stadium was on par with any sporting event I've been to. The deafening cheering and screaming as Thurston pivoted round in circles in those final seconds - seemingly finally lost for ideas - and then the siren sounding as Morgan sprinted towards the corner will stay with me for life. Part of that is due to the traumatic outcome but it was also because it was an unbelievably gripping spectacle. Everyone will have different views on whether it was the greatest grand final ever but I think it wins hands down as the most dramatic decider of all time. However having now experienced the ultimate heartbreaker - adding to the scar tissue of the 08 Melb loss & the under-20s 2008 grand final loss to Canberra - I think we're due some jubilation come the first weekend of October.

Looking forward, there are so many potential subplots to look forward to this season.. Hunt's redemption. McGuire's return. Roberts' arrival. The rise of Kodi. Milf's mercurial brilliance. Etc... So, bring on the new season!

Thanks Big Pete! I figured the start of the season was a good time to enter the fray. Discussing the grand final with similarly devastated like minds is the best therapy for the heartbreak.

While the GF defeat somehow surpassed the Melbourne 08 final loss in terms of devastation (I didn't think the pain of that could ever be topped), i've got to say the atmosphere live at the stadium was on par with any sporting event I've been to. The deafening cheering and screaming as Thurston pivoted round in circles in those final seconds - seemingly finally lost for ideas - and then the siren sounding as Morgan sprinted towards the corner will stay with me for life. Part of that is due to the traumatic outcome but it was also because it was an unbelievably gripping spectacle. Everyone will have different views on whether it was the greatest grand final ever but I think it wins hands down as the most dramatic decider of all time. However having now experienced the ultimate heartbreaker - adding to the scar tissue of the 08 Melb loss & the under-20s 2008 grand final loss to Canberra - I think we're due some jubilation come the first weekend of October.

Looking forward, there are so many potential subplots to look forward to this season.. Hunt's redemption. McGuire's return. Roberts' arrival. The rise of Kodi. Milf's mercurial brilliance. Etc... So, bring on the new season!

didnt think i could be excited about a new season as i was last year... but FMD am i what!

although have to say although i was a whisker away from breaking down pissing myself like a school girl or going on a month long bender or both or whatever after leaving the stadium last October, not sure what it is, Benny's wiley composure, Hunt's eagreness & maturity or images of Hodges consoling Hunt, this im starting to handle.

that game we shall not speak of, still, NOPE

cant wait though, horror of a trek from the Syd CBD to Parra stadium in peak hour but this is the only thing that will start to rub that nasty Oct2015 shit off!

I gotta say Ashley Taylor is a loss, even though we can't fit him in anywhere. He's got an awesome kicking game

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Fozz
  • Shane Tronc
  • Financeguy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • lynx000
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Socnorb
  • Brotherdu
  • Battler
  • LittleDavey
  • johnny plath
  • levikaden
  • Sproj
  • LockyersLeftBoot
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.