Season 2021 crystal ball.

Unfortunately it’s hard to see a result other than last for us. Although just a trial, the abysmal second half seems to indicate that the team is still weak mentally.

I think talent / skill wise we have the potential to be somewhere from 7th to 10th, but until our players show a little courage and enthusiasm we won’t beat anyone. Need to run onto the ball instead of catching it flat, show some urgency in playing the ball, and also push up in defence. Haven’t seen us do this for more than 5 minutes in a game since round 1 or 2.

2022 we will hopefully improve and actually recruit someone, but 2021 we will be lucky to win more than a couple of games.
Completely unrelated, but is your username a nod to Aunty Donna?

1. Isaako
2. Corey Oates
3. Niu
4. Farnworth

5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Flegler
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Riki
12. Glenn
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Asiata
16. TPJ
17. Bullimore

This video was uploaded on Monday, after the trials already proved most this team wrong and basic mistakes like Glenn on a different side to where he’s been for 10 years. 7 errors in the first 13.

they also included Matt Gillett in the list of players we lost this off season.

Last edited:
Whether they intended it or not, it became the visual of the Broncos first wooden spoon which was always going to have negative connotations.

My point wasn't to dredge up bad memories, it was that the Broncos were in freefall the moment the season resumed and so far the early signs don't look good.

So, what would it take to "look good" ?

Last edited:
So, what would it take to "look good" ?
For me looking good would be the following:

- Re-sign any of our promises juniors (Staggs, Dearden, Riki, Coates, Turpin, Paikura, and Niu are currently all able to sign with other clubs for next season. Walsh is free to be signed by others in November).

- Sign 1 or more experienced, quality player in any of the positions we desperately require (2nd row, centre, half, fullback).

- Win ffs

- don’t capitulate 5 unanswered tries, especially when obtaining an early lead.

- no more off field dramas (we are already at 3 with Haas, Niu, & Cartwright).

For me looking good would be the following:

- Re-sign any of our promises juniors (Staggs, Dearden, Riki, Coates, Turpin, Paikura, and Niu are currently all able to sign with other clubs for next season. Walsh is free to be signed by others in November).

- Sign 1 or more experienced, quality player in any of the positions we desperately require (2nd row, centre, half, fullback).

- Win ffs

- don’t capitulate 5 unanswered tries, especially when obtaining an early lead.

- no more off field dramas (we are already at 3 with Haas, Niu, & Cartwright).

For mine what you said but before anything, a true leader and organising playmaker who unites, controls and inspires the team. For mine that separates the best from the rest, and I feel so far on this score, we are part of the latter.

More on the spoon/least wins odds... How about the Knights for a value bet? Street fighting, pies consulting... seems like there may be some more headlines to come from the Hunter.

Broncs 4.50
Warriors 17.00
Knight 26.00

With the warriors at 17.00 I don't see how anybody could pick the Broncs to be good value at 4.50

geez I'd feel feel for knights fans if they get roped into a spoon battle again, their run a few years back where they won like 6 games in 3 years would've been brutal as a fan.

but **** it would be funny if something else seibold touches turns to shit.

Active Now

• broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Shane Tronc
  • Brocko
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • Howie
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Mustafur
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.