Season 2021 crystal ball.

No, it all ended with your sooky arse yet again finding a way to blame Boyd for a shit season. They didn't celebrate the wooden spoon, you did. You gained pleasure from watching vastly superior athletes trying to enjoy a brief moment of respite from the poisonous crap people like you never tire of spouting. Your type are such miserable ***** that you expect every single one of the Broncos to hang their heads in shame for every single second of the year just because they didn't deliver Doo Doo's Premiership for him. Poor lamb.

I don't disagree that the Broncos seemed to keep finding new lows last season and I was as hurt as anyone. However I judge people with the same standard I'd want for myself and unlike your high and mighty moral viewpoint mine (fortunately) still matches our most learned and experienced judges. It's based on understanding.
Jesus Christ @Huge, how much have you had to drink mate?
That was (imo) an unwarranted & disrespectful rant.
That's @Big Pete your talking about ffs. One of the most respected & informed poster's in this place.
Put the bottle (What's left of it) back on the fridge & get some sleep bro✌

No, it all ended with your sooky arse yet again finding a way to blame Boyd for a shit season. They didn't celebrate the wooden spoon, you did. You gained pleasure from watching vastly superior athletes trying to enjoy a brief moment of respite from the poisonous crap people like you never tire of spouting. Your type are such miserable ***** that you expect every single one of the Broncos to hang their heads in shame for every single second of the year just because they didn't deliver Doo Doo's Premiership for him. Poor lamb.

I don't disagree that the Broncos seemed to keep finding new lows last season and I was as hurt as anyone. However I judge people with the same standard I'd want for myself and unlike your high and mighty moral viewpoint mine (fortunately) still matches our most learned and experienced judges. It's based on understanding.

That gender reveal was a poor choice no matter how contrarian you enjoy being.

Could have easily been done the next day at a team bbq or drinks session away from the camera's, media and disappointed fans.

Very poor choice of rant, Karen.

Last edited:
I don't get the big deal with the gender reveal.
Really, who gives a **** what they did after the game?

It changes nothing, affects no one and was a moment Boyd shared with his mates after a game.

I also wonder how this would have been received had they done the reveal after a win? 100% would have been a feel good footy story for the ages and marketed as such by the Broncos and the NRL.
But because it was a loss, it was the shittiest thing ever to do by anyone in league ever.

Bunch of highly emotional over reacting nonsense because it came on the back of a loss in a bad season.
Move on.

But because it was a loss, it was the shittiest thing ever to do by anyone in league ever.

Bunch of highly emotional over reacting nonsense because it came on the back of a loss in a bad season.
Any links to where it was called out as the shittiest thing ever to do by anyone in league ever?

The only people who seem to get emotional are the defenders of it...

Any links to where it was called out as the shittiest thing ever to do by anyone in league ever?

The only people who seem to get emotional are the defenders of it...
Nah no links, its called exaggeration at the response a lot of fans had to a completely irrelevant event that had no bearing on the game or the season.

No one cares the event took place. People care WHEN the event took place. This was a club who had literally just won the wooden spoon for the first time in history and were being criticised by all and sundry about not caring.

Why couldn't it have been done the day after? Why did it need to be done in front of cameras on the ground straight after a horrible season? Seeing players laughing and joking around literally a few minutes after the worst season in history just screamed lack of awareness.

This is not a comment on whether it is right or wrong, certainly a case of very poor timing though.

I don't get the big deal with the gender reveal.
Really, who gives a **** what they did after the game?

It changes nothing, affects no one and was a moment Boyd shared with his mates after a game.

I also wonder how this would have been received had they done the reveal after a win? 100% would have been a feel good footy story for the ages and marketed as such by the Broncos and the NRL.

Move on.
Hardly the shittiest thing to ever happen in League, but it was an absolutely awful way to 'read the room' and turned us into basically a walking meme in the darkest moment in the history of the club.

You can say a win might have helped, but in truth, we hadn't won a game in 9 months, so the likelihood of getting a win there was always fairly slim. Anyone with half a brain should have seen how badly this would look if we lost, which was almost certainly going to be the case, and advised Boyd that this was a simply terrible idea and ran the risk of being a dreadful look for him and the club.

Last edited:
Hardly the shittiest thing to ever happen in League, but it was an absolutely awful way to 'read the room' and turned us into basically a walking meme in the darkest moment in the history of the club.

You can say a win might have helped, but in truth, we hadn't won a game in 9 months, so the likelihood of getting a win there was always fairly slim. Anyone with half a brain should have seen how badly this would look if we lost, which was almost certainly going to be the case, and advised Boyd that this was a simply terrible idea and ran the risk of being a dreadful look for him and the club.
Yea look i have to agree the timing is terrible.
I feel like its a bit of an overreaction is all, and if we have a good run of wins its a completely different narrative.
I agree with others saying it should have taken place the next day, but it didn't, and it was supposed to be a feel good moment between mates after game.
I was pissed about it initially when it happened but after a while i just figured it was a private thing that probably wasn't intended to be on camera and was just the opportune moment for Boyd to share the news with his mates.

I get it though, a little tact and common sense would have said wait till the media has left before doing it or at least do it the next day.

Yea look i have to agree the timing is terrible.
I feel like its a bit of an overreaction is all, and if we have a good run of wins its a completely different narrative.
I agree with others saying it should have taken place the next day, but it didn't, and it was supposed to be a feel good moment between mates after game.
I was pissed about it initially when it happened but after a while i just figured it was a private thing that probably wasn't intended to be on camera and was just the opportune moment for Boyd to share the news with his mates.

I get it though, a little tact and common sense would have said wait till the media has left before doing it or at least do it the next day.

There was literally a guy with a microphone, a balloon ready to kick, just minutes after the game and cameras rolling, I don't think it can be argued it wasn't supposed to be in front of the cameras or a crowd. Again, just another inability to 'read the room' as mentioned above.

There was literally a guy with a microphone, a balloon ready to kick, just minutes after the game and cameras rolling, I don't think it can be argued it wasn't supposed to be in front of the cameras or a crowd. Again, just another inability to 'read the room' as mentioned above.
Its not uncommon for folks to video their gender reveal and i imagine the plan was to do that all along.
As i said, i agree the timing wasn't great, but i firmly believe it was a private thing between Boyd and his mates and never intended to be a public spectacle.
That being said i full agree that it was poorly timed and in poor taste considering the season we were experiencing.

Its not uncommon for folks to video their gender reveal and i imagine the plan was to do that all along.
As i said, i agree the timing wasn't great, but i firmly believe it was a private thing between Boyd and his mates and never intended to be a public spectacle.
That being said i full agree that it was poorly timed and in poor taste considering the season we were experiencing.

How was it not intended to be public in the middle of Suncorp?

Do it in the sheds. Boyd and his missus are just stupid.

Roosters V Broncos 2015 game on Fox now. So depressing how fucking good we looked as a team back then.

Some great games being shown on this top 50. This was the beginning of teams realizing the Broncos were back. That said, the Roosters should have won this game. Great effort from Hunt to overcome his derp-itis and win it.

Which betting company was this bet supposedly placed with?
That receipt doesn't look like any I have seen.
That's a TopSport betting slip. Trust me, I've seen a few haha

Last edited:
That gender reveal was a poor choice no matter how contrarian you enjoy being.

Could have easily been done the next day at a team bbq or drinks session away from the camera's, media and disappointed fans.

Very poor choice of rant, Karen.
Anyone who disagrees with your 'always correct and appropriate' opinion you label with names or label 'contrarian. You've done it before and so, your opinion is preformed.

Your claim that it could be done next day isn't incorrect but is stupid idea. To suit your 'always correct and appropriate' opinion which you seem to have no doubt is the 'right way' to view things you'd have Boyd organise an whole event to accommodate just one brief moment. You'd expect this because you know that it's the 'right way' and of course how you'd do it too. Any other version is therefore wrong.

The fact that a bbq organized for later requires 20 to 50 people to reorganize their time and the planning involved plus those that, although currently present cannot attend means that the one and only opportunity for Boyd to have 'a last moment with ALL of his team mates must be overlooked because...it doesn't suit some random nobodies. Snowflake.

Anyone who disagrees with your 'always correct and appropriate' opinion you label with names or label 'contrarian. You've done it before and so, your opinion is preformed.

Your claim that it could be done next day isn't incorrect but is stupid idea. To suit your 'always correct and appropriate' opinion which you seem to have no doubt is the 'right way' to view things you'd have Boyd organise an whole event to accommodate just one brief moment. You'd expect this because you know that it's the 'right way' and of course how you'd do it too. Any other version is therefore wrong.

The fact that a bbq organized for later requires 20 to 50 people to reorganize their time and the planning involved plus those that, although currently present cannot attend means that the one and only opportunity for Boyd to have 'a last moment with ALL of his team mates must be overlooked because...it doesn't suit some random nobodies. Snowflake.

You do realise these guys come in on the Monday after right? Kind of like an end of year thing, which funnily enough, is usually for celebration / drinks / criminal behaviour if you are the Bulldogs. Wouldn't that actually be a more appropriate and less controversial way and time of doing it?

Last edited:

Now, I don't give a shit about this argument so I'm not going to continue after this post.

Mad Monday would have been 2 days away, so there's an already planned event he could have done it at.

Now, I don't give a shit about this argument so I'm not going to continue after this post.

Mad Monday would have been 2 days away, so there's an already planned event he could have done it at.
Yeah, that'd be the appropriate time to have a reveal🙄

Active Now

• Lurker
  • broncotville
  • Shane Tronc
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • Howie
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MaroubraBroncos
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.