Season 2021 crystal ball.

Will avoid the spoon but probably won't finish above 12th. They just don't have the cattle atm and it will take a couple of years to build the roster and to gel under Kevie's systems. Just want to see them compete with the top sides this year rather than losing by 59.

😒 Doesn’t matter if they’re fuckwits - sad it’s come to this on any account.

Which betting company was this bet supposedly placed with?
That receipt doesn't look like any I have seen.

Which betting company was this bet supposedly placed with?
That receipt doesn't look like any I have seen.
As I said it doesn’t matter. My point is - it’s being discussed and as a once great and proud club it’s sad we have fallen this far. But that’s a given I guess. Have to put up with this sort of shit until we can show some improvement. Feel for Kevin and those players in the team that are genuinely trying to turn things around.

As I said it doesn’t matter. My point is - it’s being discussed and as a once great and proud club it’s sad we have fallen this far. But that’s a given I guess. Have to put up with this sort of shit until we can show some improvement. Feel for Kevin and those players in the team that are genuinely trying to turn things around.
Yeah I get all that and agree.
I'm just suspicious that it's actually a legitimate bet. If it is I sure as shit hope they have done their dough.

Yeah I get all that and agree.
I'm just suspicious that it's actually a legitimate bet. If it is I sure as shit hope they have done their dough.
Me too mate. When we hit our straps look forward to the bets being placed on our grand final chances. Legitimate or not!

Notice Anthony Griffin made a statement St George would be at this years grand final and a reply came back wanting to know what seats they'd be watching from. So there you go we’re not the only punching bag this year.

Broncs at 4.4 for the spoon in a 16 team competition seems like very tight odds, I wonder what the fair value for that bet may be, the Warriors at 17 doesn't inspire me that it's an efficient market so presumably there would be some edge there. I have no idea what the expectancy of that tip vendors bet's are, and I bet they don't know also :)

😒 Doesn’t matter if they’re fuckwits - sad it’s come to this on any account.

Readingtheplay is a lying dickhead.

This is the guy who said we had Michael Maguire signed sealed and delivered but it wouldn't be announced for a couple of months.

He's totally full of shit and no one should follow his tweets.

Readingtheplay is a lying dickhead.

This is the guy who said we had Michael Maguire signed sealed and delivered but it wouldn't be announced for a couple of months.

He's totally full of shit and no one should follow his tweets.
Point taken.

Guess when you finish last you put yourself in the firing line for this sort of shit. Particularly when it also appears you haven’t improved your roster all that much in an attempt to escape the same fate the next season.

Hard to imagine an organisation such as ours falling into this kind of situation but here we are.

In reality I just wish he was referring to someone else’s team.

Like what I said in the Milford thread, there’s more value for most of the season in how we look and play, rather than tangible things like wins and losses.

A loss is a loss obviously, but losing to a Souths or Melbourne by less than 20 would be far better for the team than losing by 50.

That’s what we need to do, and the focus on doing basics properly like defending. Directionless in attack can be fixed quickly, leaking 6+ tries a game can’t.

But as far as wins and losses, if we can aim to win at least 4 or 5 of the last 8 games after the bye (Wests, Penrith, NQ, Newc x2, Roosters, Sharks, Warriors) then we can be a bit optimistic going into 22, be able to show there’s light at the end of tunnel for Dearden, Coates, Staggs etc and get them to stay, and most probably avoid the spoon.

Like what I said in the Milford thread, there’s more value for most of the season in how we look and play, rather than tangible things like wins and losses.

A loss is a loss obviously, but losing to a Souths or Melbourne by less than 20 would be far better for the team than losing by 50.

That’s what we need to do, and the focus on doing basics properly like defending. Directionless in attack can be fixed quickly, leaking 6+ tries a game can’t.

But as far as wins and losses, if we can aim to win at least 4 or 5 of the last 8 games after the bye (Wests, Penrith, NQ, Newc x2, Roosters, Sharks, Warriors) then we can be a bit optimistic going into 22, be able to show there’s light at the end of tunnel for Dearden, Coates, Staggs etc and get them to stay, and most probably avoid the spoon.
Yes so much rests on the shoulders of our 'new' coaching staff. Kevin of course but in particular John Cartwright and his experience. Having read an interview with Joffa recently talking about how fractured the team was with Seibs - not going to be an easy job. 🤞

Last edited:
Yes so much rests on the shoulders of our 'new' coaching staff. Kevin of course but in particular John Cartwright and his experience. Having read an interview with Joffa recently talking about how fractured the team was with Seibs - not going to be an easy job. 🤞
I still think with a simple game plan working the teams strengths we can easily finish mid table. Play up the middle, kick early for corners, plenty of dummy half runs from our backs in our own half, take the 2 at every chance. Work together in defence. The absolute basics. We have enough talent to pull a few wins together if we stick to that plan. It’s exactly what we did for the first half in the trial.

The real challenge I see is that it’ll take a few weeks for the players to adapt to the new plan and forget all Seibold’s over complicated tactics. This means we will likely lose a few on the trot; perhaps even a few by big margins. If the players can absorb these losses without panicking, or losing faith in the coaching staff the ship will eventually straighten and we’ll go on to achieve a humble but respectable W-L ratio by the end of the season, giving us something to build on. However; if the team aren’t mentally able to handle a few early losses then who knows how bad it could get again.

How Kev navigates the pressure of stringing together a few losses early this season will make or break his coaching career and our clubs future.

Last edited:
I still think with a simple game plan working the teams strengths we can easily finish mid table. Play up the middle, kick early for corners, plenty of dummy half runs from our backs in our own half, take the 2 at every chance. Work together in defence. The absolute basics. We have enough talent to pull a few wins together if we stick to that plan. It’s exactly what we did for the first half in the trial.

The real challenge I see is that it’ll take a few weeks for the players to adapt to the new plan and forget all Seibold’s over complicated tactics. This means we will likely lose a few on the trot; perhaps even a few by big margins. If the players can absorb these losses without panicking, or losing faith in the coaching staff the ship will eventually straighten and we’ll go on to achieve a humble but respectable W-L ratio by the end of the season, giving us something to build on. However; if the team aren’t mentally able to handle a few early losses then who knows how bad it could get again.

How Kev navigates the pressure of stringing together a few losses early this season will make or break his coaching career and our clubs future.
On this note I think the fanbase has a lot to do with it too. We need to stay strong and united, we need to bite our tongue after those expected heavy losses and look for positives no matter how small, we need to acknowledge that Kevvie is working his coight off with a severely dysfunctional group of guys, we need to support the club and not allow the media to paint the picture of doom and gloom otherwise Kevvie will be out the door before he's had a good chance of turning this whole shitshow around.

In short, we need to give Kevvie at least two seasons before we start screaming for heads to roll and changes to happen, otherwise the club will never gain that badly needed stability it requires to make progress. Kevvie may or may not be a world beating coach, but he lives and breathes the Broncos. If anyone has our best intentions in mind it's Kevvie. Sure he'll make mistakes, but the extra time and energy he'll put in will more than make up for them.

Last edited:
On this note I think the fanbase has a lot to do with it too. We need to stay strong and united, we need to bite our tongue after those expected heavy losses and look for positives no matter how small, we need to acknowledge that Kevvie is working his coight off with a severely dysfunctional group of guys, we need to support the club and not allow the media to paint the picture of doom and gloom otherwise Kevvie will be out the door before he's had a good chance of turning this whole shitshow around.

In short, we need to give Kevvie at least two seasons before we start screaming for heads to roll and changes to happen, otherwisw the club will never gain that badly needed stability it requires to make progress. Kevvie may or may not be a world beating coach, but he lives and breathes the Broncos. If anyone ha our best intentions in mind it's Kevvie. Sure he'll make mistakes, but the extra time and energy he'll put in will more than make up for them.
I think it depends on the nature of the losses. If we’re competitive and moving in the right direction it’ll be a lot easier to handle than Seibold’s cricket scores.

'Being on the same page' - 'Buying into the program' - 'Trusting the coach'. Call it what you will but trusting and believing in each other will go a long way with turning this around. Consistency is what’s needed and the sooner this happens the better for all and sundry and not at least for us fans.

I think it depends on the nature of the losses. If we’re competitive and moving in the right direction it’ll be a lot easier to handle than Seibold’s cricket scores.
Yes it’s called pride in the jersey and none better than KW to instil.

I think Broncs at 4.4 for the spoon is a dumb bet when you see the other numbers on that table. It's only a charitable donation for the bookies.

Last edited:
It's just a matter of whether the Broncos really hit rock bottom last year. The theme of the Broncos season was that everytime it appeared they had hit rock bottom they would find somehow find a new low in a matter of weeks. It all culminated with them celebrating the wooden spoon with a gender reveal, which was the most symbolic moment of their season.

They go into 2021 with an inferior roster whereas all the teams around them have improved. I don't think a 0-60 type scoreline is off the cards yet and I've mentally prepared for a 0-70 or even a 0-80 scoreline at some point.

With that said, RTP is just an average punter like the rest of us. I wouldn't take his projections to the bank.
No, it all ended with your sooky arse yet again finding a way to blame Boyd for a shit season. They didn't celebrate the wooden spoon, you did. You gained pleasure from watching vastly superior athletes trying to enjoy a brief moment of respite from the poisonous crap people like you never tire of spouting. Your type are such miserable ***** that you expect every single one of the Broncos to hang their heads in shame for every single second of the year just because they didn't deliver Doo Doo's Premiership for him. Poor lamb.

I don't disagree that the Broncos seemed to keep finding new lows last season and I was as hurt as anyone. However I judge people with the same standard I'd want for myself and unlike your high and mighty moral viewpoint mine (fortunately) still matches our most learned and experienced judges. It's based on understanding.

If it wasn't for the Dragons and the Doggies i would be convinced another spoon is in the works.
Bottom 4 for sure.
Jeez i hope im wrong.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • broncotville
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • BroncsNBundy
  • thenry
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bish
  • Allo
  • Shane Tronc
  • Battler
  • HarryAllan7
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.