CRICKET Second Test- Australia v South Africa

Aussies win the toss and choose to bowl.

Interesting decision... are they now shit scared of the SA bowling attack after the Gabba??

Usually it's the other way around with the touring team typically being dominated and humiliated at the Gabba

Both teams got owned by the ball though.
It’s obviously to get Boland in there early in front of a packed crowd to kick some ass.

Aussies win the toss and choose to bowl.

Interesting decision... are they now shit scared of the SA bowling attack after the Gabba??

Usually it's the other way around with the touring team typically being dominated and humiliated at the Gabba,

They're predicting a billion degrees tomorrow; batting will be better. Chance to end the Test if they go to lunch four or five down, they are demolished and play to your team's strength.

Cummins two tests, 10 wickets, av 11
Neser one test, five wickets av 11
Boland two tests, seven wickets av 12
Lyon three Tests, 16 wickets av 17
Head three Tests, two wickets av 14
Starc three Tests, 14 wickets av 18
Hazelwood one Test, 2 wickets av 52
Green three Tests, 2 wickets av 72

Let's get Scotty in and get some wickets.

He had a day out last time around.

Pat thinking already ?
80DFD7D5 7A24 486D 9C6A 3EB53A8DC0A5

They're predicting a billion degrees tomorrow; batting will be better. Chance to end the Test if they go to lunch four or five down, they are demolished and play to your team's strength.

Cummins two tests, 10 wickets, av 11
Neser one test, five wickets av 11
Boland two tests, seven wickets av 12
Lyon three Tests, 16 wickets av 17
Head three Tests, two wickets av 14
Starc three Tests, 14 wickets av 18
Hazelwood one Test, 2 wickets av 52
Green three Tests, 2 wickets av 72
They could still be bowling in that billion degrees tomorrow

Probably but this is SA’s batting line up, it doesn’t take good bowling to get them out.
That wicket block area looks a hot mess.. nothing worse as a fast bowler than feeling even a little bit uncomfortable with the footing in last few paces of a run up..

Their top six average 31.32 in the last two years. They're more than likely going to be 6/186.
True, but Australia would usually back themselves to bat for 5 sessions after winning a toss.

At the toss I think Cummins said something along the lines of expecting the first session to be best for bowling... so to me it was Aust trying to nullify SA's strongest part of the game and protect our batters from their bowlers.

I dont mind if we can win bowling first because our 2nd innings when batting first has typically been a pointless 30 over bash for 150 and then trying to bowl them out for 1.5 days... sometimes losing from winning positions.

If we can learn to get them cheaply in a first innings then 4th innings chases may be ok with Aust pitches holding up well over the last few years.

True, but Australia would usually back themselves to bat for 5 sessions after winning a toss.

At the toss I think Cummins said something along the lines of expecting the first session to be best for bowling... so to me it was Aust trying to nullify SA's strongest part of the game and protect our batters from their bowlers.

I dont mind if we can win bowling first because our 2nd innings when batting first has typically been a pointless 30 over bash for 150 and then trying to bowl them out for 1.5 days... sometimes losing from winning positions.

If we can learn to get them cheaply in a first innings then 4th innings chases may be ok with Aust pitches holding up well over the last few years.

I think it's as much about when you want to be bowling second, if Australia can make an impact today with the ball it sets up the fourth innings when you bowl again and conditions might not be at the best for bowling.

Last BD they did the same thing and it made work easy at the end getting England out for 185 on day one.

Marnus with the run out!!!

He's been threatening to get one from mid off all first session so I'm surprised they risked it.

I believe Marnus changed fielding positions to there this summer, but it looks a good decision as he's in the game a fair bit there looking to cut off those pushes to the offside for quick singles.

Starc on a hatty. SA are collapsing.

Marnus with the run out!!!

He's been threatening to get one from mid off all first session so I'm surprised they risked it.

I believe Marnus changed fielding positions to there this summer, but it looks a good decision as he's in the game a fair bit there looking to cut off those pushes to the offside for quick singles.

The fielding of this Australian team is top notch. One of their best fielding teams ever I think

Active Now

• Foordy
  • BroncoFan94
  • Bongo
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Ozired
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fitzy
  • Lozza
  • Xzei
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • mrslong
  • Justwin
  • Brocko
  • Browny
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.