Second Test: Australia v West Indies- Melbourne

Marsh opening in Shield average 39.72 and one 100 since 2010 from 11 innings.
Khawaja opening in Shield average 26 from 19 innings.
Burns opening average 41.26 from 47 innings; four centuries and 10 half centuries.

oh but you forget, Burns needs to average twice as much as Marsh to be considered half as good.Because Marsh is a Marsh.

all hale Aussie selectors for sticking with Joe burns not only has he dealt with all the criticism, he has came out on boxing day and made a beautiful 100. Also really enjoying have a right hander in with Warner and khawaja to upset the bowlers rhythm

all the controversy on who should have made the aussie side (burns or marsh). With some people not liking the outcome but tbh im stoked that after all the retirements we still have the batting depth to have many batters on the fringe of test cricket. Not only that but also the bowlers we have coming through the ranks.

Last edited:
Hopefully Burns has cemented his place now, Khawaja has also put on a big score on his return to the team. Some of the fielding by the Windies has been very poor to say the least.

i wouldnt call there fielding poor i would call it horrendous. Just the lack luster effort of kicking the ball because they cant be bothered tobpick it up is very sad for west indies cricket

I was there and it was absolutely freezing!! Happy for Burnsy but can't feel any part of my body.

The opposition isn't exactly great . Any of our batters is probably capable of hitting a ton . It's a pity we couldn't have some real competition . Well done to Burns and Khawaja .

The opposition isn't exactly great . Any of our batters is probably capable of hitting a ton . It's a pity we couldn't have some real competition . Well done to Burns and Khawaja .

I don't understand why they would play the Windies on probably the biggest day of test cricket in this country. The West Indies should've been the first series and the Kiwis second. It would've made for a far better boxing day test.

The reason we got the Windies is because of some agreement with the futures fixtures.

I don't understand why they would play the Windies on probably the biggest day of test cricket in this country. The West Indies should've been the first series and the Kiwis second. It would've made for a far better boxing day test.

That's pretty poor; did the Windies say that to us for 20 years? We aren't playing you, we can beat you in three days.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • The Don
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.