Second Test: Australia v West Indies- Melbourne

That's pretty poor; did the Windies say that to us for 20 years? We aren't playing you, we can beat you in three days.

From what I know most of those Australia V West Indies series then were played with unbelievable intensity resulting in some epic matches making almost each series a must watch event. This West Indies team would get rolled by South Australia and are just embarrassing to watch.

From what I know most of those Australia V West Indies series then were played with unbelievable intensity resulting in some epic matches making almost each series a must watch event. This West Indies team would get rolled by South Australia and are just embarrassing to watch.

Intense and must watch doesn't mean competitive. They were must watch because they had the best players in the world and they were good. We were terrible rabble.

They made our captain retire in tears!

Intense and must watch doesn't mean competitive. They were must watch because they had the best players in the world and they were good. We were terrible rabble.

They made our captain retire in tears!
Allan Border couldn't cry... he was the prototype Terminator !!

Interestingly, Hughes tears came only months after the second most important man in Australia at the time cried publically . Bob Hawk

far more competitive series happening in South Africa atm... first test a real drag-em-out grind in Durban.. like the look of this bloke Compton batting @ number 3 for the Poms, looks tailor made for test cricket & a virtual clone of Jonathan Trott before he lost his mojo.

Some fairly evident signs the Proteas are on the downward curve now as a test team imo - even moreso if this talk of AB De villiers retiring at the end of this series are on the mark

Last edited:
far more competitive series happening in South Africa atm... first test a real drag-em-out grind in Durban.. like the look of this bloke Compton batting @ number 3 for the Poms, looks tailor made for test cricket & a virtual clone of Jonathan Trott before he lost his mojo.

Some fairly evident signs the Proteas are on the downward curve now as a test team imo - even moreso if this talk of AB De villiers retiring at the end of this series are on the mark

Compton is not that far off 33 though, not a spring chicken by any means. There is talk of de Villiers, Steyn and Morkel giving it away. Morkel unlikely but Steyn has just injured his shoulder and is apparently seriously considering it. Steyn and de Villiers would be HUGE losses to test cricket, cannot understate how big that would be.

Got to say . I'm proud of Nathan Lyon. I don't know him, but I'm proud of him.

Lyon still never really rips the ball, but he's improved out of sight in the past couple of years. Plus he just seems like a nice bloke.

An in form Starc is my favourite though, swing bowling is art.

Nathan Lyon is easily our best spinner since Warne/McGill. Now we have a spinner that is effective and can do a consistent good job for the team.

Lyon still never really rips the ball, but he's improved out of sight in the past couple of years. Plus he just seems like a nice bloke.

An in form Starc is my favourite though, swing bowling is art.

I miss the days of guys like Warne and Murali, where it wasn't just enough to "straighten" the ball, and you had to let it rip.

I love how often he gets a wicket after being tonked

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Maroon4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.