Secret weapon set to ignite Broncos

Even though I've lost some respect for Tallis with his juvenile problem with WB I will always love what he gave my team. He has become a knob but he was fantastic when he was our guy. We used to have quite a few intimidating blokes in our ranks and Gordo was one of our best but his opinions are nowadays media soundbites. I would still like to have a thousand beers with him one day and night.
I agree he was great. But clearly he isn't all there and his agenda shines through so strongly that it really hampers his cred as a media personality.

You know nothing

Game-of-Thrones-Finale-Jon-Snow-Dead-Killed.jpg

Anyone else feel sorry for psychology students? It's not going to help them make burgers.

Milf likes burgers tho.... :P

Seriously though, I think people forget that a lot of these guys are kids out of school all of a sudden thrown into the spotlight. They all of a sudden get recognised when they go out, have all these expectations placed on them by the media and us fans and get criticised for the slightest thing, real or not (e.g. Milf's weight).

They are then expected to go out and play the perfect game each week.

Some have the capacity to cope with it and exceed straight off the bat, just like any career (Cam Smith/Billy Slater), some start off slow and come of age the more they play and mature (Hodges) and then some are there just to make up the numbers and will only ever be mediocre in the grand scheme of things.

Yes these guys are paid a lot to 'just play footy', but lets face it, without a clear head most of us perform at a less than optimal level.

Anything that clubs can do to help players handle this stress and expectation, whether its a sports psychologist, old players hanging around the club or a father figure like Bennett is a must in my opinion.

I like that Ningers has only just liked this haha. Making your way through the series like a champ.

Mate, I am halfway through season five! Just catching up with all the threads on here, can't keep up these days.

Ygritte was a good sort but!

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • mitch222
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • johnny plath
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Foordy
  • upthebroncs
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.