Security nazi's at the game.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Got to the bag check & female security officer asked me to open the bag I had. (I had it opened already)

She went through everything & she grabbed my sandwiches that was in a paper bag & said what's this, while squeezing the guts out of them.

I replied, they are now my squashed sandwiches. [icon_evillaugh

The Souths game, at about 6.30pm I went to have a cancer stick, got outside & was about to put a cigarette in my mouth. (I was about a foot away from the line smoking section.

Male security officer rushed over & screamed in my ear. You can't smoke here, get over there & he pointed to where I should smoke, another fan walking next to me said it's not lit & security officer said, she was trying to light it.

The other fan said how can she, there is not lighter or matches in her hand. And the security guard said, well she's hidden it. [icon_lol1.

N

Natalie

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
My friend and I got our handbags checked for the first time EVER at a game yesterday. eusa_think We went to walk straight past all the tables and the security guard practically yelled at us to get over to the table. This was at Gate E, and usually we go through gate A, so we thought they were just more strict at the other end of the stadium [icon_shady

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Like all things in life, it is possible to do what you need to do without being an absolute prick about it.

You should try it, Stu [icon_wink

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Bag Checks: If people with bags actually did what they were meant to, and went to the tables, there would be no need to yell.

Smoking: It's not as if it's not signed well. If you had no intention of lighting it before you were past the line, why was it in your mouth?

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
[icon_lol1. Bravo, Cockseeee.

Fair enough, they've got a job to do. Of course, though, they can perform it without screaming at people who might genuinely not know the rules. If I'm somewhere I don't usually go and even look like lighting a cigarette, why would a security guard have to run over screaming, when the can simply be polite and direct you to move to an appropriate area?

Honestly, some security guards are great. But it's my experience that they're mostly f**ksticks who somehow wonder why they cop attitude!

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Frank the Tank said:
oh lord, the security guards did their job!?!?! what is the world coming to!?!?!?!?!?

[icon_shru

How could they not realise it was a friggen sandwich. [icon_lol1.

And anyway, if I wanted to take something into the ground that isn't allowed, I would have it hidden on my body or in a jacket pocket.

Now I await the body searches. [icon_confu

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:
Bag Checks: If people with bags actually did what they were meant to, and went to the tables, there would be no need to yell.

Smoking: It's not as if it's not signed well. If you had no intention of lighting it before you were past the line, why was it in your mouth?

I went to the table.

The smoke was in my mouth, waiting to be lit when I passed the smoking line. (lighter was in my back pocket)

What makes it funnier is the smoke from all the smokers, sometimes billows into the non smoking area. (so they aren't doing their job properly. ( I suggest they have huge fans blowing the smoke back)

N

Natalie

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
I was under the impression that handbags were not allowed to be searched - admittedly some handbags these days are absolutely massive, but ours weren't. Pretty hard to smuggle anything of note inside them! Meh, I'm over it.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
They're not supposed to check handbags the size of an A4 sheet of paper or smaller. I nearly had an argument with a security guard at the Anzac Day match at Homebush over that. I just walked straight past her knowing she wasn't supposed to check my bag but she told me I had to let her check it. I told her I didn't as it was a relatively small handbag but she got a bit agro about it and demanded to check it. We'd actually tried to enter through the wrong gates and funnily enough when we got to the correct gate, the security guard there didn't check my bag.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Guns are smaller than a4 pieces of paper. I dont see why handbags should be off limits.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
Guns are smaller than a4 pieces of paper. I dont see why handbags should be off limits.

exactly, i reckon they should be doing way way better checks of bags than what they do. all they ever do is look at the top of it, whos to say that one of bin ladens buddies cant pack a gun underneath a whole pile of stuff and shoot down lockyer, nooooooooo! better bag checks please!!!!!!!

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Frank the Tank said:
fairly sure they can check any bag no matter how small. pretty easy to carry lots of prohibited items in a handbag, even a small one.
No, the rules are anything smaller than an A4 piece of paper, they can't check it.

M

Midgey

QCup Player
Apr 28, 2008
From what I can tell the bag searches aren't they to stop people bring in guns and weapons. I think its mostly for alcohol.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
When I've gone through the gates at many a sporting event, I have often asked if they need to search my bag. Every time I've been told they can't search anything smaller than A4. Now whilst security guards aren't always necessarily that great at what they do, I'm sure they know what they can and can't search.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Guns? lol. They're not worried about Guns, no one at Suncorp or anywhere else are worried about people bringing a gun into the stadiun. (...Well, maybe at Bulldogs matches).

The thing is, a handbag for women is equivalent to a man's wallet. It had personal items in it, it's just not right to check it.

Ok, what about knives and other weapons. Ppl do carry these kinds of things and they arent items we really want in a footy stadium.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
QLD'er, if someone wants to get something like that in, do you think they're going to put it in a bag? They'll just hide it under their shirt or down a sock.

Btw Frank, the document for Cararra says bags 'may' be subject to a search. That gives an out for bags smaller than A4.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Last year we weren't allowed to bring in big bags of chips...is this still a rule? Cos if it is, it's the worst one in the world. [icon_non

Active Now

• Nerd
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • porouian
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.