Security nazi's at the game.

I couldn't give a rats arse if you believe me or not Frank, I just know I'll take the word of umpteen security guards who have said it to me, including the one I argued with on Anzac Day.

I didn't realise I was trying to win an argument eusa_think

But thanks anyway.

The Rock said:
I have never known security guards to check handbags? eusa_think Surely that has to be illegal.

Bit worried they'll check yours Rocky [icon_wink

mrslong said:
Last year we weren't allowed to bring in big bags of chips...is this still a rule? Cos if it is, it's the worst one in the world.

Yes you aren't allowed, but just take them out and put them in a zippie bag or the like and you'll be sweet [icon_wink . Simple rule is no commercial products are allowed, so you have to pay the inflated prices inside.

This no smaller than A4 is absolute garbage. If they want to, they can check a handbag.

Perhaps we should try it at an airport, and cause a scene?

They can check handbags, but the can't touch what's in them.

So they just peek inside, they can ask you to move things.

Stu's correct, re: the size of bags.

Absolutely nothing to stop any bag being checked by security.

Might have your wires crossed, Emma, as most RETAIL places don't check anything smaller than an A4 sheet of paper, as they're simply worried about theft and anything worth a bit of cash that's small is usually locked up.

All I know is what security guards have said to me over the years at footy matches, and that's what they've said, as recently as 2 weeks ago at the Anzac Day match. Perhaps security in NSW is different or they just don't know their jobs? [icon_shru

I'm all for people getting their bags checked, regardless how big/small they are. It's all abou the safety anyway! icon_thumbs_u

Although kicking people out just because they're yelling at the footy is a no-no...

The Rock said:
Nashy said:
This no smaller than A4 is absolute garbage. If they want to, they can check a handbag.

Perhaps we should try it at an airport, and cause a scene?

Um an airport security NEEDS to be tighter than a football stadiums security, so that's a ridiculous comparison.

Few little pipe bombs in a packed crowd of 30,000 could still be a massive concern though.

I get your point, but it's also a very serious matter a huge public event like a sporting match. Not like it's the local K-Mart checking for shoplifters. (sorry Cruz)

I agree Kris. Even a purse-size piece of C4 could do some damage! [icon_wink

I always thought the rule was that they can check any bag they want but they're not actually allowed to touch anything inside. They usually don't stop me with my handbag though [icon_shru

Anyone got a clock small enough to fit in their purse that has a really loud ticking sound? Dare you to take that to Origin, whether in Brisbane or Sydney [icon_wink

I've never had my handbag searched at a game.
And when I take drinks in for the kids they are wearing them..
Under their jackets [icon_non :oops:
But was given a tip how to get a camera into a concert
Just put it in the bottom of your bag and put pads or tampons on top of
it and go to a male security guard [icon_evillaugh
Aparently it works you'll get the camera in. Haven't tried it yet though.

Coxy said:
Anyone got a clock small enough to fit in their purse that has a really loud ticking sound? Dare you to take that to Origin, whether in Brisbane or Sydney [icon_wink

I could wear it on my wrist & tell them I am nearly blind & I need a large wrist watch.

Locky_karmichael said:

[icon_lol1.

I got cans of coke through EAS, by placing them down the leg of my jeans & in my jacket pockets.

I don't know how they didn't notice. [icon_shru [icon_evillaugh

About the camera, put it in your jacket pocket.

Locky_karmichael said:

I always have them on top, It works a treat lol!!!

I dunno if any of the other girls on here agree with me but I hate having my handbag searched, I have no problems with having backpacks or shopping bags searched...It just feels like a complete violation of my privacy...lol
I usually say no to people if they ask to and i never take my handbag to footy.

Locky_karmichael said:

The entertainment centre makes females go to female security ance vice versa for the males.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • Lozza
  • ParraMania
  • Brocko
  • bb_gun
  • Jedhead
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Painin the Haas
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.