Seibold General Discussion

I’ll get you a salt shaker
[automerge]1572053838[/automerge]

That’s a convenient excuse. We’ve never had issues before but the second he strives for the job and fucking sucks at it, we can’t manage a cap.
We've gotten rid of how many players and signed nobody of note except Seggy on a min. wage deal. I think it's pretty obvious we are struggling capwise. Don't let your irrational hate cloud your better judgement. What has Wayne done apart from pick up a couple of our castoffs? Retired a legend of the game and is in the process of retiring another, probably so he can hand out a few more ridiculous contracts to some favourites of his.

This whole we’re paying overs for the wrong players on long term contracts argument is fucked as well. Sure it seems that way now that they all played their worst ever seasons under seibs, but had Wayne still been coach and we won our standard 15-16 games and played a decent level of footy, the vitriol wouldn’t be there.

That’s not a true statement of fact at all, pure conjecture.

Boyd looked like he was going downhill under Bennett in ‘18 already.

Gillett didn’t even play due to injury.

Macca was an already complained about spud.

Isaako’s deficiencies were already being pointed out, especially by Cult.

Bird was injured but rubbish at LEFT centre where he has never looked that good anyway. Gun right centre.

The halves pairing of KNik and Milf were THE constant cause of consternation throughout ‘18.

That’s not a true statement of fact at all, pure conjecture.

Boyd looked like he was going downhill under Bennett in ‘18 already.

Gillett didn’t even play due to injury.

Macca was an already complained about spud.

Isaako’s deficiencies were already being pointed out, especially by Cult.

Bird was injured but rubbish at LEFT centre where he has never looked that good anyway. Gun right centre.

The halves pairing of KNik and Milf were THE constant cause of consternation throughout ‘18.

All that and we still won 15 games. Heck of a coach.

This whole we’re paying overs for the wrong players on long term contracts argument is fucked as well. Sure it seems that way now that they all played their worst ever seasons under seibs, but had Wayne still been coach and we won our standard 15-16 games and played a decent level of footy, the vitriol wouldn’t be there.
Okay, this is just complete b/s as well.

1. Bird getting injured for the second year in a row had absolutely nothing to do with Seibold's coaching.
2. Boyd has been on a steady decline each year since 2016. The manner in which he played had nothing to do with Seibold's coaching and everything to do with his body failing and him not having the capacity to play to a NRL standard anymore. The fact that he was kept in the team is on Seibold, in the absence of another explanation coming out.
3. Isaako's form was related to a mixture of second year syndrome and a significant personal issue, not Seibold's coaching.

I premiership in 13 years across 4 different clubs, that is getting into Ricky Stuart territory.

In that 13 year time frame:
Robinson - 3/3 grand finals
Bellamy - 4/6 grand finals
Hasler - 2/5 grand finals
Green - 1/2 grand finals
Bennett - 1/2 grand finals
McGuire - 1/1 grand finals
Flanagan 1/1 grand finals

Last edited:

And yet still got slaughtered in the finals last year after getting slaughtered the year before.

Are you comfortable being the resident Wayne sycophant and apologist here? It's well past rational here, your need to drop pro Wayne/anti-Seibold comments into every topic you can.

Last edited:
I premiership in 13 years across 4 different clubs, that is getting into Ricky Stuart territory.

I wouldn't mind seeing @broncsgoat defending the observable decline in the Broncos between 2015 & 2018, each year we conceded considerably more points than the year prior, and continued to deteriorate on the attacking end as well. I'm not sure if that was Bennett's recruitment or his coaching, perhaps it was both. Luckily he jumped on the life raft before it culminated in our 2019 season, which anyone with half a brain could've seen coming for the last 3 years.

I wouldn't mind seeing @broncsgoat defending the observable decline in the Broncos between 2015 & 2018, each year we conceded considerably more points than the year prior, and continued to deteriorate on the attacking end as well. I'm not sure if that was Bennett's recruitment or his coaching, perhaps it was both. Luckily he jumped on the life raft before it culminated in our 2019 season, which anyone with half a brain could've seen coming for the last 3 years.
Great post and very true.

And yet still got slaughtered in the finals last year after getting slaughtered the year before.

Are you comfortable being the resident Wayne sycophant and apologist here? It's well past rational here, your need to drop pro Wayne/anti-Seibold comments into every topic you can.
Fancy questioning the coaches ability to sign players in a thread about signing players. Won’t somebody think of the children???
[automerge]1572056459[/automerge]
Jumped on a life raft? He was fighting for an extension you pillock

Last edited:
Injuries and suspensions were a big factor this year too. Just bringing Bird, Dearden and TPJ back in will change the team considerably. Would mean we can play Turpin at hooker and then moving Milford back to 5/8 and getting rid of Boyd puts us in a much better position than what we had for the last season.

Injuries and suspensions were a big factor this year too. Just bringing Bird, Dearden and TPJ back in will change the team considerably. Would mean we can play Turpin at hooker and then moving Milford back to 5/8 and getting rid of Boyd puts us in a much better position than what we had for the last season.
Yes, I agree, that is without factoring in any new signings.

Resulting to personal insults ay? That's how you know the Bennett lover boi has absolutely nothing left to offer.

Fancy questioning the coaches ability to sign players in a thread about signing players. Won’t somebody think of the children???
[automerge]1572056459[/automerge]

Epic dodging bro, Neo like.

Answer the points raised - the decline since 2015. Getting smashed year after year in the finals under Wayne.

Epic dodging bro, Neo like.

Answer the points raised - the decline since 2015. Getting smashed year after year in the finals under Wayne.
I don’t believe there was a steady decline, however it’s difficult to replicate how good we were in 15. We made a prelim in 17 and had a lull last year - winning 60% of our games mind you.
[automerge]1572057651[/automerge]
Resulting to personal insults ay? That's how you know the Bennett lover boi has absolutely nothing left to offer.

a pillock is an idiot, like someone with half a brain like you said in your post.

Last edited:
I don’t believe there was a steady decline, however it’s difficult to replicate how good we were in 15. We made a prelim in 17 and had a lull last year - winning 60% of our games mind you.
[automerge]1572057651[/automerge]

a pillock is an idiot, like someone with half a brain like you said in your post.

We got smashed in the finals in 2017, smashed even worse in 2018. We weren't very good last year - a lot of fluke wins made it look a lot better than it was. This was Wayne's fault, yes? He didn't do a good job of coaching improvement, yes?

We got smashed in the finals in 2017, smashed even worse in 2018. We weren't very good last year - a lot of fluke wins made it look a lot better than it was. This was Wayne's fault, yes? He didn't do a good job of coaching improvement, yes?
I’ve already said that we were poor against poor quality teams last year. We went 6/8 against the top 4 though. We were competitive. It’s why we were fancied by fucking everyone at the start up of the year. We failed to turn up for the final as the team thought they’d breeze through St George.

we got spanked in the 17 prelim by arguably the best NRL team there’s been. Storm were untouchable that year.

I’ve already said that we were poor against poor quality teams last year. We went 6/8 against the top 4 though. We were competitive. It’s why we were fancied by fucking everyone at the start up of the year. We failed to turn up for the final as the team thought they’d breeze through St George.

we got spanked in the 17 prelim by arguably the best NRL team there’s been. Storm were untouchable that year.
When Bennett came here in '15 he assured us that he'd have us competing for a title in '17. We even gave him '18, we just kept getting shitter. Pull the plug before he does anymore damage. He'll never win another premiership. Yesterday's hero.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.