Seibold General Discussion

When Bennett came here in '15 he assured us that he'd have us competing for a title in '17. We even gave him '18, we just kept getting shitter. Pull the plug before he does anymore damage. He'll never win another premiership. Yesterday's hero.

he said 17 because he didn’t expect success so soon, the 15 grand final mentally cooked our half back.

Bennett is the greatest coach the game has seen ... unfortunately he is now past it.

he has given plenty of players the tap on the shoulder, it's a real shame he was too stubborn to listen when he himself got the tap.

but to get this thread back on topic ... i really hope we can get the money to sign Croft ... at worst it gives us some decent options in the halves instead of moving our best hooker there, in the event of injury or poor form

Last edited:
he said 17 because he didn’t expect success so soon, the 15 grand final mentally cooked our half back.
Well if it's all Ben Hunt's fault a good coach wouldn't have left him in the team for so long..... At what point does Bennett wear any of the blame for our poor team and roster in your world?

Last edited:
Well if it's all Ben Hunt's fault a good coach wouldn't have left him in the team for so long..... At what point does Bennett wear any of the blame in your world?
In my post like two posts ago?

I’ve already said that we were poor against poor quality teams last year. We went 6/8 against the top 4 though. We were competitive. It’s why we were fancied by fucking everyone at the start up of the year. We failed to turn up for the final as the team thought they’d breeze through St George.

we got spanked in the 17 prelim by arguably the best NRL team there’s been. Storm were untouchable that year.

You are not saying the words. It was Wayne's bad. Bad coaching.

It will be interesting to see how Souths go next year.

Bennett seems to have done well first year in all clubs since going to St George and then declining somewhat in the years after. So he seems these days to do well with an inherited team before then seeming to fall away when he has to put his own stamp on things in the years after.

Of course, Broncsgoat will retort with made prelims, etc but in how many of these were the sides actually competitive?

I am very interested to see where both Souths and Broncs are heading by mid-way through next season, it will say a lot about both coaches I think.

Last edited:
Of course they did. I though Kennedy was Suitably impressive.

I thought he did ok tbh. I'm just pointing out if people are going to bag Bennett for these so called duds, then you have to balance it out and give him credit for the good players we have as well. Even though all of the recruitment is not down to one person.

I thought he did ok tbh. I'm just pointing out if people are going to bag Bennett for these so called duds, then you have to balance it out and give him credit for the good players we have as well. Even though all of the recruitment is not down to one person.

But you do realise the original post you replied to had absolutely nothing to do with Bennett don't you?

But you do realise the original post you replied to had absolutely nothing to do with Bennett don't you?

I think the post i replied to was all about Bennett. Something about the shriveling old potato.

I think the post i replied to was all about Bennett. Something about the shriveling old potato.

Maybe but you replied to my post where I simply said Kennedy has been impressive, he hasn't been a dud signing so far.

Yup my bad. My intention was only to call out seibolds inability to sign decent players, not to have that discussion again.

Haha man we need some signing news before this forum self destructs

Yup my bad. My intention was only to call out seibolds inability to sign decent players, not to have that discussion again.
Well I'm glad we were able to establish it was not Seibs' fault our cap is fucked. Are you really gonna weasle out of answering questions AGAIN?

Active Now

• Xzei
  • marw
  • HarryAllan7
  • ettybay
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.