Seibold General Discussion

There was plenty of quality halves that became available after Hunt left, Bennett just missed on all of them, or his stubbornness made him persist with Nikorima. Whichever way you look at it, our current Halfback dilemma is his fault.
His fault alone?
[automerge]1572101328[/automerge]
I still feel you are dodging just flat out giving Wayne a bit of stick where it's due.
I’ve said many times he wasn’t able to get our team up for the games last year we were expected to win. That’s a coaches job, to prepare the team. He managed to do a good job when we were up against it, but unable to get the young teams mentality right when they were expected to win.

anyway I’m out. Have a good night all

Last edited:
I think there is one thing in here most can agree on, Seibold needs to lift his game next season.

His fault alone?

No, anyone involved with recruitment is at fault for the Halfback situation, but as you've so often said, Wayne is supposed to be the master of luring superstars, he didn't really do that at his 2nd stint at the Broncos, Bird & Roberts were probably his biggest, and they were both pretty "meh" signings overall.

I think there is one thing in here most can agree on, Seibold needs to lift his game next season.

Everyone at the club needs to lift, players & coaching staff included.

Not doing this again today. Have a good Sunday

I know milf is lazy, which is why I was completely against his move to fullback and voiced that opinion once or twice on here. also a massive fan of the bloke, think he’s a gun 6.

re jimmy, sure turned out it was probably better for the team that he was moved on. I do miss having his occasionally glimpses of brilliance thoughj

With regards to signing a 7, we went after Taylor and missed, outside of him and maybe green (?) there were no quality halves available.
Pearce, Moses, both of whom WB made the call not go after. Cooper Cronk and George Williams who plays under WB for the England team was available. That argument of yours is flawed. He went out on a limb guaranteeing that Niko had the 7, and that Thaiday would stay in first grade. Both decisions were wrong and stuck to out of stubborness and pride.

Why do you need to announce this?
Why do you need to question it? I said it because I’d been quoted twice and I get accused of dodging answering if I don’t respond. So beat it

Last edited:
Premiership threat 2015.

Mediocre 2016-2018.

It’s been pretty average since Lockyer retired with the exception of 2015 and half of 2016. The club just keeps getting by on its past achievements.

The only player under Seibs i'd say had to go was Roberts.

Can you expand on this at all? We've probably all heard that Roberts called Seibold an absolute derrick at a video review session, but as I understand it this was in response to Seibold absolutely roasting Jimmy for doing something the coach had told him to do. Not sure how much you know about this though, or want to spill in public.

Pearce, Moses, both of whom WB made the call not go after. Cooper Cronk and George Williams who plays under WB for the England team was available. That argument of yours is flawed. He went out on a limb guaranteeing that Niko had the 7, and that Thaiday would stay in first grade. Both decisions were wrong and stuck to out of stubborness and pride.
Cooper Cronk was never coming to Brisbane. He left Melbourne to be with his missus in Sydney.

Can you expand on this at all? We've probably all heard that Roberts called Seibold an absolute derrick at a video review session, but as I understand it this was in response to Seibold absolutely roasting Jimmy for doing something the coach had told him to do. Not sure how much you know about this though, or want to spill in public.

Cooper Cronk was never coming to Brisbane. He left Melbourne to be with his missus in Sydney.

Mainly because he really wasnt buying into Seibs as a coach and he wanted to leave. I didnt hear a great deal myself tbh, i'd be lying if i said otherwise.

Ahhh grasshopper, context is everything, the post was in response to Goat's assertion that there were no good halves available, he said nothing about available and willing to move to Brisbane. But I agree with you that he was never likely to come here, but did we even try??

Ahhh grasshopper, context is everything, the post was in response to Goat's assertion that there were no good halves available, he said nothing about available and willing to move to Brisbane. But I agree with you that he was never likely to come here, but did we even try??
C'mon matey, what's the point of throwing out the name of someone who's never moving to Brisbane? I'd argue that Cronk was never available for us in any meaningful sense, whether we spoke to his manager or not is irrelevant as it'd be a pretty fucken short conversation.
Mainly because he really wasnt buying into Seibs as a coach and he wanted to leave. I didnt hear a great deal myself tbh, i'd be lying if i said otherwise.
Ta.

the thing about Cronk is that he got a release from the Storm on compassionate grounds to be with his fiance in Sydney ... i highly doubt that release would have been forthcoming if he moved anywhere else

the thing about Cronk is that he got a release from the Storm on compassionate grounds to be with his fiance in Sydney ... i highly doubt that release would have been forthcoming if he moved anywhere else
Which probably explains Cameron's cranky pants.

Did he? I was pretty sure that he just came to the end of his contract and following the end of the season signed with the roosters.

TEST halfback Cooper Cronk has set the scene for a bidding war among Sydney NRL clubs for his signature after announcing he’ll leave Melbourne at the end of the season.

The two-time Dally M Medal winner said family reasons were behind the decision to leave the Storm after 14 seasons and he indicated he will move to Sydney to be with his fiancee, television presenter Tara Rushton.
“This will be my last season in Melbourne,” Cronk told reporters on Tuesday. “If it was a football decision, I’d be staying here for a long period of time.
“But for me to finish up here at Melbourne Storm this year is a personal (decision).
“Tara, my fiancee, is based in Sydney, and there’s a few things in life that are more important than football, like family, getting married and a future.
“I’ve been pretty selfish in my approach to my football career and I think it’s time I put someone else and something else first.”

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Allo
  • Financeguy
  • broncsgoat
  • kiwibronco
  • Manofoneway
  • teampjta
  • LGH
  • phoenix
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • jd87
  • Old Mate
  • simplythebest
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.