Seibold General Discussion

How the hell did a one year head coach get a FIVE YEAR contract with an option for another year in his favour. WTF!

It's a good question. Bear in mind though, it was Weedler who stated this, so don't know how accurate it is. The quote is below:

"It gets even more interesting because not only does Seibold have a five-year deal, but he also has an option for a sixth season in his favour. It’s hard to believe. Seibold has not been big on seeing out his contracts. He left Manly early and then swung into the top job at South Sydney after Michael Maguire was shown the door. "Madge" Maguire has not talked to him since the day he was replaced. Seibold has the best set-up in the NRL and he needs to deliver in a hurry".

Last edited:
Someone refresh my memory. Why was seibold so keen to coach the broncos this year? So far everything has benefited Wayne Bennett. He’s looking like a messiah down at Souths when it could easily be seibold sitting pretty on top of the ladder.
Dam good question that. From memormy I think he is on around the same coin as he was at Souths so its not for the money. Though he is on a 5 year contract now.

Was it for the prestige of coaching the most famous RL club in the world? If so surely he could see what he was getting himself into - it's a tough gig.

His time at Souths vs his time in Brisbane must feel like polar opposites. I wonder if he has had just a few small moments of regret.

His time at Souths vs his time in Brisbane must feel like polar opposites. I wonder if he has had just a few small moments of regret.

Don’t know but I’m pretty sure Bennett doesn’t have any regrets now.

Of course he doesn't, he's walked into a premiership ready squad and barely has to do anything.
You’re right, he’s just being paid a shit load of money to win a comp with the same players Seibold couldn’t win it with last year. Souths should have saved their money and just hired Furner for cheaper. Terrible business decision.

You’re right, he’s just being paid a shit load of money to win a comp with the same players Seibold couldn’t win it with last year. Souths should have saved their money and just hired Furner for cheaper. Terrible business decision.

He hasn't done it yet.

Actually the smart move Souths made was to let him have close to zero influence on the roster. Otherwise it would probably be an even money bet he'd have Boyd there with him.

He hasn't done it yet.

Actually the smart move Souths made was to let him have close to zero influence on the roster. Otherwise it would probably be an even money bet he'd have Boyd there with him.
I wasn't the one who said it.

He already told Boyd to stay in Brisbane. Souths are probably going to end up swapping Inglis for Roberts, a Burgess for TPJ and some nobody for Lodge but yeah, lucky he's got no say..

Last edited:

He already told Boyd to stay in Brisbane. Souths are probably going to end up swapping Inglis for Roberts, a Burgess for TPJ and some nobody for Lodge but yeah, lucky he's got no say..

Maybe he sees what we all see too then. With scoops like that you could be a RL journo.

That's what they have said in public, but that doesn't erase the possibility that Bennett pushed for Souths to sign him. He openly doesn't rate AJ.

Maybe he sees what we all see too then. With scoops like that you could be a RL journo.
I've had more scoops than you've had good posts on here. Two.

Souths are probably going to end up swapping Inglis for Roberts, a Burgess for TPJ and some nobody for Lodge but yeah, lucky he's got no say..

Anymore scoops for us O'Dowd?

Catch up on the latest, then you'll get it. Maybe.
Wait, are we just skipping the Boyd being told to stay comment? They obviously weren't legitimate scoops, but they are definitely things that are being said by the same media who have said he has no influence in the roster.

Wait, are we just skipping the Boyd being told to stay comment? They obviously weren't legitimate scoops, but they are definitely things that are being said by the same media who have said he has no influence in the roster.

Nice save.

giphy.gif

Active Now

• Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Mister Wright
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Hurrijo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • cento
  • NSW stables
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.