Seibold General Discussion

This makes so much sense to me.

The playing group is being lead by a capt. who just refuses to put in. Siebs knows he has to stick with him at present otherwise he would have a full dressing room revolt. Boyd it seems is more interested in justifying that Benny should have stayed as opposed to getting on with winning a comp. I'm so over his petulance. If he truly is proud to be our capt. show it on the field. Ban yourself from all media for a while and let your deeds reflect your commitment.

Actions speak louder than words and his actions since season opening has sucked a big one.

Siebs knows he has a huge battle to get this group onside. I support him and the board 100%. If players don't want to put in for the jersey, the club, the fans - the pay cheque, they can **** off as far as I'm concerned.

I loved Benny just as much as the next guy, but first and foremost I'm a Broncos supporter.

If you are not doing what's best for the club/team you're simply part of the problem and need to move on and sook elsewhere.

Boyd will surely have to retire by season's end. I can't see him lasting his contract purely off the amount of hate and general shit he must cop from ferals in the street (it's gotten to the stage where it has to be happening even though I obviously don't endorse it), I dno how any man could withstand that for three years.

This makes so much sense to me.

The playing group is being lead by a capt. who just refuses to put in. Siebs knows he has to stick with him at present otherwise he would have a full dressing room revolt. Boyd it seems is more interested in justifying that Benny should have stayed as opposed to getting on with winning a comp. I'm so over his petulance. If he truly is proud to be our capt. show it on the field. Ban yourself from all media for a while and let your deeds reflect your commitment.

Actions speak louder than words and his actions since season opening has sucked a big one.

Siebs knows he has a huge battle to get this group onside. I support him and the board 100%. If players don't want to put in for the jersey, the club, the fans - the pay cheque, they can **** off as far as I'm concerned.

I loved Benny just as much as the next guy, but first and foremost I'm a Broncos supporter.

If you are not doing what's best for the club/team you're simply part of the problem and need to move on and sook elsewhere.
I respect your opinion and right to hold it but I think you're adding 2 and 2 and getting 5 as an answer. I don't think anyone can know or even guess that Boyd is more interested in ancient history than winning a comp. That just seems a little too 'Reyter level' crazy. It seems you're making that claim and then working yourself into a lather over it without even knowing if it has even a shred of truth to it. Like I said, you're entitled and I'm not attacking you over it.

I think there is truth in just about both sides of the story.

Wayne carried on like a pork chop last year. Some of the stories I have heard, and happen to believe, point to tre being a need for him to be sacked.

Wayne is also undoubtedly still an excellent football coach. He is the GOAT. However, there were issues with the team last year, and there had been since 2016, that he didn’t seem to want to fix. Attitude and leadership being right up there.

Darius Boyd was a joke of a pick as captain, and it has turned out to be an absolute ticking time bomb now.

I also am beginning to think Seibold is nowhere near the coach he is talked up to be. He may be an intelligent man, but his recent record and the ineffectiveness of his coaching this year indicate to me he might be a fair way out of his depth. I also think he struggles as a man manager. I think he is fairly obviously trying to mould the roster in his image, which is his prerogative. I wish him all the best. I am not sure, however, that this is going to pay dividends as I have significant doubts on his ability. The playing group also fairly clearly does not want to play for him. He will need to remedy this immediately.

Either way, I think we are a LONG way from a title. Credit to Seibold on one point though - debuting Dearden and cutting Nikorima loose is a step in the right direction in that regard.

Funny that this team with much to be desired beat the much improved Souths team last year. Twice. And they even had GI then who absolutely loves playing against us. But sure, that's obviously evidence of Bennett's incompetence somehow, maybe if you tilt your head to just the right angle and squint directly into the sun you can see it? And who could speak against Siebold's amazing legacy of inheriting a squad from Michael Maguire?

You have tunnel vision. Winning 2 regular seasoned games doesn't give an accurate depiction of the situation. Look at the bigger picture. Seibs took Souths from 12th on the ladder to 3rd and finished strong in last years finals. Broncs limped out of the 1st round of the finals. Seibs had a chance to recruit new players to Souths whereas he became coach to the Broncs late in the game with all that drama and didn't have a chance to build a team to his liking. Wait til he recruits new players, dump some of Bennett's old recruits and then we'll have a clearer picture of the coach's competence. In the short-term, you win sum, you lose sum. In the long-term we'll see who has egg on their face.

Last edited:
I have a legit question for the certified Seibold haters like @broncsgoat and @Accept: Would you take Griffin back over Seibold? Because that is your only real alternative. Bellamy has already given us the ass, and good luck prying Robinson away from the Roosters.

Would more than likely be Kevvie. Hopefully we are a long way off having to replace our coach.

It's a great thing this Broncos forum. One can self educate from the wealth of knowlege of others on here. It's great to have so many opinions on any particular subject. I find myself sometimes agreeing with both sides of a story. But anyway..

After reading a shit load of posts this morning I feel more relaxed about Seibold. It's pretty simple: We needed a new coach, we choose him and now we have to support him whilst he makes the decisions WB was not going to make.

He's gotten rid of some people. We have our new halfback and I'm sure he will do (*something) about Boyd soon.

I just hope for Seibolds sake that the team can win enough games (and in the right fashion) to keep people happy enough whilst he tries to repair the Brisbane Broncos.

I have a legit question for the certified Seibold haters like @broncsgoat and @Accept: Would you take Griffin back over Seibold? Because that is your only real alternative. Bellamy has already given us the ass, and good luck prying Robinson away from the Roosters.
Chalk me up as a certified Griffin hater as well. He did his best to ruin the Bronco brand and his tenure really started the rot reducing this organization to mere mortals like the rest of them.

I would definitely choose Kevie if Seibs were to get the ass in the next year or two. He was born with Bronco blood and the players would respond to him a hell of a lot more because of his decorated career with the club and his likeable and approachable nature. Motivation is the key factor with the squad atm and it's clear the veterans don't respect the current hierarchy and why would they? They are complete nobodies in the most known RL club in the world.

I acknowledge that Seibs is a relatively smart man but you don't need uni degrees in a TAFE type sport. Man management is the key element here and he seems to be lacking at that. In time, he could assemble a team of his choice with players who would respond to him but the Bronco's members, fans, shareholders and sponsors will stomp their foot down way before that happens.

Last edited:
Chalk me up as a certified Griffin hater as well. He did his best to ruin the Bronco brand and his tenure really started the rot reducing this organization to mere mortals like the rest of them.

I would definitely choose Kevie if Seibs were to get the ass in the next year or two. He was born with Bronco blood and the players would respond to him a hell of a lot more because of his decorated career with the club and his likeable and approachable nature. Motivation is the key factor with the squad atm and it's clear the veterans don't respect the current hierarchy and why would they? They are complete nobodies in the most known RL club in the world.

I acknowledge that Seibs is a relatively smart man but you don't need uni degrees in a TAFE type sport. Man management is the key element here and he seems to be lacking at that. In time, he could assemble a team of his choice with players who would respond to him but the Bronco's members, fans, shareholders and sponsors will stamp their foot down way before that happens.

If Kevvie’s commentary is anything to go by, he’d extend Boyd’s contract.

I know it’s a cheap shot, and commentary duties force you to be a bit nicer in general, but he doesn’t fill me with anymore confidence than Seibold at this stage

The correct pick was Demetriou. Unfortunately probably burned that bridge.

Demetriou? Maybe my memory fails me, however I seem to remember last year, and maybe the year before that, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth before the pitchforks came out for Demetriou after it seemed he was responsible for the lack of any structure and method in our gameplan (that not being Bennett's strong suite).

Someone refresh my memory. Why was seibold so keen to coach the broncos this year? So far everything has benefited Wayne Bennett. He’s looking like a messiah down at Souths when it could easily be seibold sitting pretty on top of the ladder.

Someone refresh my memory. Why was seibold so keen to coach the broncos this year? So far everything has benefited Wayne Bennett. He’s looking like a messiah down at Souths when it could easily be seibold sitting pretty on top of the ladder.

Guess he’d rather be down near the bottom of the ladder coaching the broncos than at the top of the ladder coaching Souths.

I think it was White and Co. who were most keen for Wayne to not be here this year.

If we end up bottom 8 this year, I'd be thrilled if Broncos sacked the fuckin CEO.

And give Seibold the first 8 weeks of 2020 to prove he's not all talk and stats.

If we end up bottom 8 this year, I'd be thrilled if Broncos sacked the fuckin CEO.

And give Seibold the first 8 weeks of 2020 to prove he's not all talk and stats.

a CEO will never be sacked when he has lead a business to their most profitable time in history. especially for a decision that was made by the entire board and not unilaterally by the CEO

in fact, i read that he is off contract at seasons end and i have absolutely zero doubts that the club will be doing everything in their power to keep him ... given that he is one of the highest regarded sports administrators in the country, the club may need to open their cheque book and dig deep to retain him.

If in two years time we are looking to replace Seibold, the only one we should be looking at in my view is Trent Robinson. It is clear Bellamy will never come here and those two are clearly head and shoulders above everyone else at the moment.

If in two years time we are looking to replace Seibold, the only one we should be looking at in my view is Trent Robinson. It is clear Bellamy will never come here and those two are clearly head and shoulders above everyone else at the moment.
We'll never outbid the Roosters if they want Trent.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Skyblues87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • heartly87
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.