Seibold General Discussion

Huh? We finished on 32 points, equal second and one game behind equal first and three games clear of ninth!!!

Last year we finished equal 2nd???? Didn’t we rely on results plus for and against to get into the 8?

You must be getting old

Last edited:
Huh? We finished on 32 points, equal second and one game behind equal first and three games clear of ninth!!!

We absolutely did not finish equal second. No, nope, no.

One win behind first.

We were 6th. That is the facts, you can put whatever spin on it you like but we finished 6th and we needed results from the last round of the regular season to get us 6th.

Not only that the distance in quality between us and the actual contenders in the finals showed exactly how far away from 1st/2nd we truly were.

Last edited:
You can only finish equal 2nd if there's an outright 1st. If there are 4 teams sharing the same points, then you can be 5th at best. That's not counting the P/D either.

Last edited:
No more disingenuous than saying "limped in to the finals". We would have had to lose 3 more games and have scored/conceded -139 points to have missed the finals. We may have performed like shit once we got there, but we were easily one of the better sides throughout the year.

No more disingenuous than saying "limped in to the finals". We would have had to lose 3 more games and have scored/conceded -139 points to have missed the finals. We may have performed like shit once we got there, but we were easily one of the better sides throughout the year.

We were in red hot form leading into the finals as well. Was such a shame we crapped out the way we did.

We were in red hot form leading into the finals as well. Was such a shame we crapped out the way we did.

That’s probably why we blew out in the finals. Believed the 38-18, 22-6 and 48-16 was like 1998 all over again

The voice of reason. Who'd thunk it !

That’s probably why we blew out in the finals. Believed the 38-18, 22-6 and 48-16 was like 1998 all over again

Yeah we were thinking about who we were playing after the dragons and got blown out.

It will undoubtedly continue to be a source of heated debate, but does it really matter at all what happened last year when Bennett was coach. The King is well and truly dead. Whether we finished second (bit of a stretch that one) equal fifth, sixth or were lucky to scrape into the finals (depending on which agenda you are pushing) it is all just fish wrappings now.

I know that there is a collective will to debate how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but does it really matter now?

Hypothetically speaking, here is what I HOPE has happened. Seibold has walked in, found a squad that wasn't overly happy with Bennett's departure to begin with, began implementing his own agenda as coach, immediately started copping pushback from the playing group in terms of attitude, then basically got them all together and said "Look, Wayne is gone, I'm in charge now and you will buy into that or ship off out of here.", which is exactly the attitude as coach he should be taking. HE is in charge, not the players. If they wanted to take issue with Bennett's sacking, they take it up with White, not Seibold, but clearly they weren't willing to do that because they knew White would tell them to grow up and get nicked.

The results of that are crystal clear: Kahu and McGuire are already gone (and question marks have always hung over Moose's attitude long before Seibold arrived), Nikorima is gone imo because he refused to be converted into a bench utility after being starting halfback for a whole season, and now Roberts is reportedly on the outer because he has always marched to the beat of his own drum, which Bennett allowed and Seibs clearly has not.

Individual fans will have their own opinions on this depending on which players they naturally gravitated towards that will depart/have departed, and that's fine, but you simply cannot deny that if things have played out like I wrote above, Seibold and the club have done the only thing they could have done. Judging by how everything has played out, I think Bennett had mentally checked out sometime around late 2017, probably due to internal machinations/club politics with White and the board (because if there's one thing Wayne Bennett is not foreign to, it's personality clashes born from power struggles), and as a result had allowed a culture of casual indifference to creep in to the squad, which has long been a suspicion of mine at least for quite awhile judging by their on field performances (I mean, McDonalds cards? Are you shitting me?). The board noticed this and finally began taking action around mid 2018 when the media got a sniff of it. The rest is history.

If I am not far off the money, I am perfectly okay to stick by Seibold through hell and high water to get the players under his control. Personally, I will not tolerate a playing group that cares more about getting a free lunch than taking their role in the success of the team seriously. They are not there to put in a quality performance whenever they damn well feel like it, they're there to win premierships, and as far as I'm concerned, the aforementioned culture of indifference has long since outstayed its welcome.

Last edited:
Hypothetically speaking, here is what I HOPE has happened. Seibold has walked in, found a squad that wasn't overly happy with Bennett's departure to begin with, began implementing his own agenda as coach, immediately started copping pushback from the playing group in terms of attitude, then basically got them all together and said "Look, Wayne is gone, I'm in charge now and you will buy into that or ship off out of here.", which is exactly the attitude as coach he should be taking. HE is in charge, not the players. If they wanted to take issue with Bennett's sacking, they take it up with White, not Seibold, but clearly they weren't willing to do that because they knew White would tell them to grow up and get nicked.

The results of that are crystal clear: Kahu and McGuire are already gone (and question marks have always hung over Moose's attitude long before Seibold arrived), Nikorima is gone imo because he refused to be converted into a bench utility after being starting halfback for a whole season, and now Roberts is reportedly on the outer because he has always marched to the beat of his own drum, which Bennett allowed and Seibs clearly has not.

Individual fans will have their own opinions on this depending on which players they naturally gravitated towards that will depart/have departed, and that's fine, but you simply cannot deny that if things have played out like I wrote above, Seibold and the club have done the only thing they could have done. Judging by how everything has played out, I think Bennett had mentally checked out sometime around late 2017, probably due to internal machinations/club politics with White and the board (because if there's one thing Wayne Bennett is not foreign to, it's personality clashes born from power struggles), and as a result had allowed a culture of casual indifference to creep in to the squad, which has long been a suspicion of mine at least for quite awhile judging by their on field performances (I mean, McDonalds cards? Are you shitting me?). The board noticed this and finally began taking action around mid 2018 when the media got a sniff of it. The rest is history.

If I am not far off the money, I am perfectly okay to stick by Seibold through hell and high water to get the players under his control. Personally, I will not tolerate a playing group that cares more about getting a free lunch than taking their role in the success of the team seriously. They are not there to put in a quality performance whenever they damn well feel like it, they're there to win premierships, and as far as I'm concerned, the aforementioned culture of indifference has long since outstayed its welcome.
This makes so much sense to me.

The playing group is being lead by a capt. who just refuses to put in. Siebs knows he has to stick with him at present otherwise he would have a full dressing room revolt. Boyd it seems is more interested in justifying that Benny should have stayed as opposed to getting on with winning a comp. I'm so over his petulance. If he truly is proud to be our capt. show it on the field. Ban yourself from all media for a while and let your deeds reflect your commitment.

Actions speak louder than words and his actions since season opening has sucked a big one.

Siebs knows he has a huge battle to get this group onside. I support him and the board 100%. If players don't want to put in for the jersey, the club, the fans - the pay cheque, they can **** off as far as I'm concerned.

I loved Benny just as much as the next guy, but first and foremost I'm a Broncos supporter.

If you are not doing what's best for the club/team you're simply part of the problem and need to move on and sook elsewhere.

I'm starting to get a feeling that some people are a little annoyed at my posting about seibs, I'll do my best to refrain from now on. I hope I turn out to be wrong and he turns us around.

I'm starting to get a feeling that some people are a little annoyed at my posting about seibs, I'll do my best to refrain from now on. I hope I turn out to be wrong and he turns us around.
Who cares? You are entitled to an opinion despite how often you portray it. Seibs is a spud and with every passing week, more fans are realizing it. This little coaching stint of his is not going to end well.

Who cares? You are entitled to an opinion despite how often you portray it. Seibs is a spud and with every passing week, more fans are realizing it. This little coaching stint of his is not going to end well.

Yeah 100%

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • marw
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.