Seibold signs with Broncos for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the stage where I'm prepared to say I'd rather the swap happen immediately. I want the likes of TPJ and Roberts to get a taste of Seibold as coach to soften them to the idea of sticking around.

I'm at the stage where I'm prepared to say I'd rather the swap happen immediately. I want the likes of TPJ and Roberts to get a taste of Seibold as coach to soften them to the idea of sticking around.

It’s a good point. I can already see these threads blowing up next year with player movements etc especially if seibold doesn’t coach us next year.

Reactions: Gaz
What if in 2019, Seibold doesn't even make the 8 with South's? How would we feel?

What if in 2019, Seibold doesn't even make the 8 with South's? How would we feel?

since we are playing what-if's

what if in 2019 he wins the premiership?
what if in 2019 Bennett misses the 8?

how would we feel

Last edited:

To be honest, I wouldn’t read too much into 2019 form lines if the coaching swap doesn’t happen.

Your going to have 2 coaches with one eye on 2020 and your going to have a more motivated Broncos squad wanting to do it one more time for Wayne whereas Seibold hasn’t been at Souths long enough to warrant that sort of emotional response from his Souths squad. Emotion is a powerful thing when you need to get up that extra 5-10% in the big games. Problem is these emotional responses are not sustainable and are a short term thing which may work in our favour next season depending on circumstances.

since we are playing what-if's

what if in 2019 he wins the premiership?
what if in 2019 Bennett misses the 8?

how would we feel
Great question.

You answer my question then I'll answer yours.

Personally, based on our squad and last years performance i'm not confident at all of us making the 8. I'd imagine teams like the Tigers, Cowboys, knights and eels will improve on last years performance whilst we remain (at present) largely unchanged. Boyd really fires up and actually runs and gets in to position, and Kodi learns how to tackle and kick, i'm not overly confident. I mean, I hope i'm wrong. But I think if anyone misses the 8 out of Broncos and Bunnies, it will be us (unless some bizarre injury plagued season for them).

If he misses the 8 with Souths, it wouldn't change my thoughts on him.

He wouldn't be coming here to coach the same team. His style of coaching may be better suited for a club like ours so he may do a lot better here. Some coaches have had success at one club and failed at another.

He wouldn't be coming here to coach the same team. His style of coaching may be better suited for a club like ours so he may do a lot better here. Some coaches have had success at one club and failed at another.
Good point.

I.E. Bennett at Knights.

Seibold looks to be very good at coaching attacking football. If you compare Souths and Brisbanes rosters, we are far better suited to that style of play. Souths defensive structure was better than ours, so even if Souths have a bad year I'n excited to see what he brings to our attack and what structures he puts in place for our defense, which even improved line speed would be a huge step forward.

Seibold looks to be very good at coaching attacking football. If you compare Souths and Brisbanes rosters, we are far better suited to that style of play. Souths defensive structure was better than ours, so even if Souths have a bad year I'n excited to see what he brings to our attack and what structures he puts in place for our defense, which even improved line speed would be a huge step forward.

I'm hoping Seibold has a plan to make a better use of Jimmy, we did him no favours this year.

My preferred option is for Bennett to stick around for his contract.
He deserves the right to finish his career with us gracefully, and I fully trust he'll do right by the club. As for poaching players, that's all irrelevant. If players came to the club for him, and want to follow him, that's just the business of rugby league. We've lost players while he was here, we'll lose players after he's gone too.

If the swap does happen though, I'm not going to be upset, it's a year head start, a fresh change, whatever. Either option I'm totally happy with.

My preferred option is for Bennett to stick around for his contract.
He deserves the right to finish his career with us gracefully, and I fully trust he'll do right by the club. As for poaching players, that's all irrelevant. If players came to the club for him, and want to follow him, that's just the business of rugby league. We've lost players while he was here, we'll lose players after he's gone too.

If the swap does happen though, I'm not going to be upset, it's a year head start, a fresh change, whatever. Either option I'm totally happy with.

I agree with this ... and whichever state people think that he left the Knights and/or Dragons in, I believe there is a big difference between us and them ...

both the Knights and Dragons were simply jobs, however, we have been his life for 30 years.

I can see Souths dropping off and us improving. They’ll still make the 8, but they won’t be as good. It’s not Seibold’s fault per say, but more the advanced age of their squad and the lack of emotion that the players will have compared to ours playing for Wayne in his last season.

I'm hoping Seibold has a plan to make a better use of Jimmy, we did him no favours this year.

We’ve had nothing for jimmy since he got here except for pass it to him early and pray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • Porthoz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Redux
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.