NEWS Seibold tells Boyd he will play centre next season

depends on which piece of Badel fiction you believe

I dunno what to believe anymore to be honest. What I do know though is that if this is Seibold's true intentions, next season (or half of it) will be his last in the NRL.

Last edited:
Geez, this is a mediocre decision.

Boyd at centre is probably better than having Shibisaki there.

I get it, Boyds defense is good but how many chances does he get? He has 1 good game out of 10. And we know nobody will buy him off us so we are letting Bird go instead.

Boyd provides no punch in attack at centre but who else do we put there?

My opinion? Boyd would start next season in Q Cup and he'd only be used to cover injuries at centre.

We can carry him as long as we sign Croft/ Foran/ Sezer and/or Holmes. That's not the issue, the issue is that he will 99% activate his option if he gets 15 games next year and possibly cost us someone like Fifi in the process.

We can carry him as long as we sign Croft/ Foran/ Sezer and/or Holmes. That's not the issue, the issue is that he will 99% activate his option if he gets 15 games next year and possibly cost us someone like Fifi in the process.

We already have the money for Fifita even if Boyd stays. He isn't going to cost us Fifita. All of our young guns worth keeping are going to be locked up.

I would agree if it were halfway through last season, but he persisted with Boyd, Macca and Turpin (at half) way longer than it took to figure out it wasn't going to work. Chances are if he starts at centre he'll be there all season. And both would be aware of the 15 game requirement on his renewal.

In my fantasy, Darius plays two games at centre, doesn't let us down, but announces his retirement. Gets his home game testimonial. Happy ending.

Rinse and repeat with Macca.

The ultimate power move form Boyd would be to tell the club he’s going to retire in 2021, they play him in the centre until he crossed the 15 game threshold then goes “changed my mind. Not retiring”.

Dunno why everyone's getting upset. He's contracted and costs somewhere between 6-800k so putting him in qcup has to be the last resort. Centre was always supposed to be where he went after FB but siebolds fucked up making him the pivot. Broncos don't get to just retire him... Not legal. This is a good outcome and if he's shit still then he goes to qcup and doesn't get his 15 games. Milf back to 6 where he belongs. Enter shiney new top shelf half back and serviceable but slippery fullback and we have a team. For those calling for Darius to lose the captaincy, maybe you're right but more likely you're wrong. Fans don't see how effective a captain is. Players do. Blaming shortcomings of the team on captaincy is stupid. Obviously coaching decisions, injuries, suspensions and individual form is what fucked our 2019 season.

We already have the money for Fifita even if Boyd stays. He isn't going to cost us Fifita. All of our young guns worth keeping are going to be locked up.

What about when we go out and sign a couple of spine players, will we still have the money? If we don't go out and sign them we may as well kiss our premiership chances goodbye until at least 2022 (when I believe Gillett, Macca, and Boyd's contracts end).

Maybe not started there but he definitely shifted there for at least one game.

He hasn't. Fifita was shifted to centre. Boyd was either shifted to fullback or remained at 5/8.

He played a few games at centre in 2018, and for the most part was pretty solid.

Dunno why everyone's getting upset. He's contracted and costs somewhere between 6-800k so putting him in qcup has to be the last resort. Centre was always supposed to be where he went after FB but siebolds fucked up making him the pivot. Broncos don't get to just retire him... Not legal. This is a good outcome and if he's shit still then he goes to qcup and doesn't get his 15 games. Milf back to 6 where he belongs. Enter shiney new top shelf half back and serviceable but slippery fullback and we have a team. For those calling for Darius to lose the captaincy, maybe you're right but more likely you're wrong. Fans don't see how effective a captain is. Players do. Blaming shortcomings of the team on captaincy is stupid. Obviously coaching decisions, injuries, suspensions and individual form is what fucked our 2019 season.

Umm, no. Boyd, the captain, acting like a fucking peaheart virtually every game, giving up, letting opposition players run straight past him, no effort, waving and flapping his fucking arms in the air whinging to the ref instead of tackling, turning his back on bombs instead of catching them, falling over thin air....Do you want me to go on?

Last edited:
I hope we put Boyd at hooker. The meltdown on here would be hilarious.
I'll do you one better, move him to halfback and make him captain/coach.
[automerge]1569055765[/automerge]
That would be the icing on the cake. Imagine the riots at Red Hill if that actually happened LOL

Last edited:
I've been saying it all week and I'll happily say it again: The NRL season hasn't even ended yet. That's how early in this off season we are, so I refuse to believe anything some idiot in a suit tells me about what's happening until I see it with my own eyes.

I don't give a **** where he is placed in the side, if Boyd's name is in the 17 next year, I an done with Seibold. He will have proven himself to be completely spineless by that point. Leaving Boyd with the captaincy would be just laughable.

Geez, this is a mediocre decision.

Boyd at centre is probably better than having Shibisaki there.

I get it, Boyds defense is good but how many chances does he get? He has 1 good game out of 10. And we know nobody will buy him off us so we are letting Bird go instead.

Boyd provides no punch in attack at centre but who else do we put there?

My opinion? Boyd would start next season in Q Cup and he'd only be used to cover injuries at centre.

Goodness me I totally forgot about shibasaki who will probably be on the bench again to cover for
Boyd when seibold takes him off. 58-0 hasn’t changed a thing

No, I'm happy with this. Perform or perish, perfect. I'm struggling to understand why Seibold didn't put him there immediately Bird was injured if he was contemplating moving Boyd from fullback. I most certainly would have had Boyd in the centre role especially after losing Roberts as well. I like this. If Boyd hits the ground running great, if not then he would have had his last chance and we wouldn't see him ever again. It's a win win for mine especially considering we'd be paying him anyway.
You have very quietly changed your position on Boyd. Can I ask at what point it sunk in that he was playing poorly?

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Hurrijo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • achievedrap
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lozza
  • cento
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.