NEWS Seibold tells Boyd he will play centre next season

Umm, no. Boyd, the captain, acting like a fucking peaheart virtually every game, giving up, letting opposition players run straight past him, no effort, waving and flapping his fucking arms in the air whinging to the ref instead of tackling, turning his back on bombs instead of catching them, falling over thin air....Do you want me to go on?
I'd say that's not about effort so much as just being a bit past it. As for arm waving, look at blokes like Adam Reynolds, cam smith, etc. And for getting run over by a centre, there's not many backs in the game that haven't been run over by Ramien, Mitchell, etc. It's a centres job to run over the defence. Kotoni staggs does it regularly. We just notice it more with Boyd cause is output is so poor. Not sure I agree he's a bad captain, just a bad player. There are many ways to steer a ship.

Goodness me I totally forgot about shibasaki who will probably be on the bench again to cover for
Boyd when seibold takes him off. 58-0 hasn’t changed a thing

The only thing that made last Sunday's embarrassment somewhat bearable, was the small glimmer of hope that it would be the catalyst for change that we are so desperately needing. The fact that there is even a chance of this happening is very disheartening.

Im going to need an r u ok check once a week during the off season.
The tough language softened towards the end of the week now Darius is being tried in a new possie.
I have to believe this is BS paper talk.
No one in their right mind could let Darius play NRL again.
Seibold can't be that much of an idiot.

If this is true... send Seibold a rope and be done with his career.

Let's be glad he isn't in the spine though. Prob better than Shibi at centre. Prob more to create less drama in the team but i reckon we still wont let him play 15 games to activate his clause for 2021. No way we will pay him 400k in his final year even at centre.

Im going to need an r u ok check once a week during the off season.
The tough language softened towards the end of the week now Darius is being tried in a new possie.
I have to believe this is BS paper talk.
No one in their right mind could let Darius play NRL again.
Seibold can't be that much of an idiot.

He may well be.
[automerge]1569057717[/automerge]
Where the hell is Broncosgoat?? Thought he would be lapping this shit up.

Last edited:

If we absolutely have to play him, why not left wing ya know where he scored a butt load for qld... oats is kidding himself if he wants 500+

Geez, this is a mediocre decision.

Boyd at centre is probably better than having Shibisaki there.

I get it, Boyds defense is good but how many chances does he get? He has 1 good game out of 10. And we know nobody will buy him off us so we are letting Bird go instead.

Boyd provides no punch in attack at centre but who else do we put there?

My opinion? Boyd would start next season in Q Cup and he'd only be used to cover injuries at centre.
What! Boyd's (take a knee) defence is good. He's still picking bits of Jesse Ramien's studs out of his scone. His line speed might be considered good, everything else is bog standard at best and piss weak at worse. the amount of tries he cost us this season through poor defence is the main reason why most of us want him binned.

Well, centre is probably the best spot for him now. If Bird goes, our options there are quite shit.

This is where Boyd should've been for at least 2 years, and I actually do believe he can make of fist of it in his twilight. As long as he isn't anywhere near a spine position, I'm not totally unhappy and he could surprise...

Whether he should remain captain is a big gamble to take, as you'd risk ending up with the same situation as this season, where you might have to drop you captain to reggies. On the other hand, it certainly would allow for a smoother transition and potentially give some players the chance to put their hand up for the leadership position.

Speaking of, I don't think Lodge should get it. No, not because of his past, but because he is a prop who isn't on the field for significant time, and he doesn't strike me as someone with the brain acuity for the job.
Then again, Tallis did a pretty good job of it... but I guess it was a different time.

If the choice is Shibasaki or Boyd at centre then I would probably start with Boyd unless Shibasaki dramatically ups his game in the off season. I seriously don’t think Boyd will activate his option for 2021. He won’t put his body on the line for 400k when he could get 200k from the club as a mental health advocate and do up houses with his wife.

This is where Boyd should've been for at least 2 years, and I actually do believe he can make of fist of it in his twilight. As long as he isn't anywhere near a spine position, I'm not totally unhappy and he could surprise...

Whether he should remain captain is a big gamble to take, as you'd risk ending up with the same situation as this season, where you might have to drop you captain to reggies. On the other hand, it certainly would allow for a smoother transition and potentially give some players the chance to put their hand up for the leadership position.

Speaking of, I don't think Lodge should get it. No, not because of his past, but because he is a prop who isn't on the field for significant time, and he doesn't strike me as someone with the brain acuity for the job.
Then again, Tallis did a pretty good job of it... but I guess it was a different time.

I wouldn't mind him at centre if he wasn't taking up so much of the cap...

Active Now

• MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.